OT The Dance Moms Thread!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic

Are you on team Abby or team Kelly

• Total voters
Good. She deserves it. She, and frankly some of the moms involved in this show as well, should have been charged with child abuse long ago. The emotional abuse those kids go through is unacceptable.

I was just talking s friend in the dance world and she said whole show is scripted so those moms and kids r just enjoying making a lot of cash! No reg mom would let her child b verbally abused like that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I was just talking s friend in the dance world and she said whole show is scripted so those moms and kids r just enjoying making a lot of cash! No reg mom would let her child b verbally abused like that.

Nope, still abusive. They hear that mess day after day. They are effected. Look at Chloe. And the first couple of seasons weren't scripted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nope, still abusive. They hear that mess day after day. They are effected. Look at Chloe. And the first couple of seasons weren't scripted.

Not only were the first few seasons---with the original cast---not as scripted, even Maddie has come out and said her stress level at 11 years old was not healthy. She recently came out with a new book and according to her own mom, chose not to include much about Dance Moms or Abby despite Abby and the show being her ticket to fame. So yeah, it eventually got heavily scripted and I fully believe kids like Kalani (who Kira refers to as 'her job') and JoJo (who is now with Nickelodeon) were around for the money, exposure and likely didn't take all of this as personally---the original 7 girls are going to need a lot of therapy as they age.

I think most of the situations on the show are contrived and most of the drama is forced but I think, at least, the kids' reactions are real. I was watching an interview with Maddie a month or so ago and she was talking about how, at the beginning of Dance Moms, she didn't quite grasp that what was happening was for the show but after a while she learned to deal with it.

I do feel bad for Abby because her life is rough and shes all alone - no mom, no dad, no siblings, no SO, etc. Shes wrapped up in the entertainment industry where everyone is out for themselves. I imagine her next few years will be VERY lonely and for someone who clearly needs affirmation from other people, its going to be rough for her. Even if she's 100% at fault for her actions and reactions, I still feel bad for her. That's not a life I'd ever want and I hope she comes out a better person in the end. I'd like to see who she turns into after hitting rock bottom.

I think most of the situations on the show are contrived and most of the drama is forced but I think, at least, the kids' reactions are real. I was watching an interview with Maddie a month or so ago and she was talking about how, at the beginning of Dance Moms, she didn't quite grasp that what was happening was for the show but after a while she learned to deal with it.

I do feel bad for Abby because her life is rough and shes all alone - no mom, no dad, no siblings, no SO, etc. Shes wrapped up in the entertainment industry where everyone is out for themselves. I imagine her next few years will be VERY lonely and for someone who clearly needs affirmation from other people, its going to be rough for her. Even if she's 100% at fault for her actions and reactions, I still feel bad for her. That's not a life I'd ever want and I hope she comes out a better person in the end. I'd like to see who she turns into after hitting rock bottom.
But she choose to not claim income, a lot of income. So she put herself in this situation!

Again, she is 100% at fault for her actions. I'm not ignoring that. Im saying I feel bad for her because her life is sad once you take that money away.
Her life is sad because she made it that way by treating people like dirt for so long. It's hard for me to have any sympathy for someone who abuses children to gain fame, alienates everyone who might care about her by acting like a spoiled child herself, then tries to cheat people.

Her life is sad because she made it that way by treating people like dirt for so long. It's hard for me to have any sympathy for someone who abuses children to gain fame, alienates everyone who might care about her by acting like a spoiled child herself, then tries to cheat people.

That's fine, we can have different opinions. I'm extremely sympathic by nature and I don't really expect anyone to feel the same.

I feel like a lot of the actions you mentioned stem from her insecurities and some weird attachment issues or something lol. The whole thing is just.... sad.

That's fine, we can have different opinions. I'm extremely sympathic by nature and I don't really expect anyone to feel the same.

I feel like a lot of the actions you mentioned stem from her insecurities and some weird attachment issues or something lol. The whole thing is just.... sad.
ill agree, while i dont support how she treated those kids on the show half the time, again no one really knows how scripted it was or wasnt, or what happened when the cameras turned off.
while she deserves the punishment she got, sometimes prison can change people for the better. She could come out, cut the show off and just go back to doing what she loves, teaching kids how to dance. I want to believe that before the show she hasnt always been that delusional.

I want to believe that before the show she hasnt always been that delusional.
Evidence indicates the contrary. CP has danced for 10 years, and i have been a part of the dance world for over 30. We were hearing about Abby Lee and the way she treated her dancers long before Dance Moms was a thing.

AND Christi and Kelly were at the courthouse when it was sentenced. No interview per a gag order, but talk about a slap in the face!

That's some next level pettiness that even I wouldn't take part in. Abby is certainly evil, horrible, committed a crime and deserves her sentence but dang....I wouldn't go to anyone's sentence solely to gloat with with any other intention than to see justice be served

Y'all know those women went to be petty

Back