OT The Dance Moms Thread!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic

Are you on team Abby or team Kelly

• Total voters
Anyone watch the new dance moms episode last night or the premiere of Raising Asia?

I'm watching Raising Asia right now and wow her mom is psycho. Completely psycho. Are all stage moms like that? Her anxiety is giving me anxiety. Also, I thought she was really rude to the TV crew in the rehearsal room. Wow. I'm not sure I will keep watching this show.

Im not a fan of their family dynamic either, I feel so bad for the dad and Bella. As Asia's career grows there's no way Kristi is going to slow down to spend time with them. She's so controlling that she won't be able to not be by Asia's side 24/7.

Still trying to find a link to watch dance moms though.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Anyone watch the new dance moms episode last night or the premiere of Raising Asia?

I'm watching Raising Asia right now and wow her mom is psycho. Completely psycho. Are all stage moms like that? Her anxiety is giving me anxiety. Also, I thought she was really rude to the TV crew in the rehearsal room. Wow. I'm not sure I will keep watching this show.

Im not a fan of their family dynamic either, I feel so bad for the dad and Bella. As Asia's career grows there's no way Kristi is going to slow down to spend time with them. She's so controlling that she won't be able to not be by Asia's side 24/7.

Still trying to find a link to watch dance moms though.

I felt bad for Bella

And I hate to say it since they're kids....but Bella is the cute one

I watched both DM and Asia - DM is becoming so far-fetched w/ their plot lines that it's almost unwatchable - Chloe is becoming way too grown up looking to be dancing in small groups w/ McKensie - it just looks off. And 14-15 year old dancers do not have drama mamas hanging around the dressing rooms and studio IRL (most are drop and go by that age, and the dancers do their own changing, make-up) so the whole premise is just silly for some of those people. Also, no real dance teacher would ever be able to get away with this other team thing IRL - the parents would all walk and go elsewhere, so that is dumb too.

Asia show was crazy - an 8 year old cracking a whip while grown men danced shirtless in a cage behind her - yeah, that's "appropriate" ;). I felt really bad for the little sister too.

Last edited:
Wow. She's 8. She doesn't need her makeup done all the time or a phone.... and does she wake up with her hair like that? :confused:

Watching the Asia show right now. Wishing I could fast forward the commercials (my on demand is not letting me) and get this thing over with faster.
Thank goodness the little sister has the dad (and vice versa). That is all I am going to say on that.

Asia just seems so coached and rehearsed. Every time she talks it sounds like a line. Like I think every kid wants to be a star when they're young but her mom and business people seem to just be conditioning her to believe she wants to be the next Beyoncé or even just using the word career.

Anyone else find it extremely awkward that Payton is like 15 or 16 and dancing with a bunch of 10 year olds? I'm not into dance so I don't know if that's normal or anything in dance though.

Come to think of it, how is this any different from 10 year olds cheering on Senior level teams with worse 17/18 year old young men!:confused:
Side note:
I watched that 'Raising Asia' program and I feel so sad and sorry for that little girl, Asia. I can see this young child crashing and burning by 16 or sooner. The mom is too focus on creating a star and pushing a child to have a career. This little girl only have 1 chance to be a child and have more years to take on adult responsibility--Why are they rushing to make her the next Beyoncé in the next 5 years? Okay, when she is 13 years old and the next Beyoncé with no friends and proper schooling, now what? Rehab? (ala Lindsay Lohan):(
PS: Come to think of it, it took Beyoncé, at least 25 years to be where she at and it seems that even she has missed out on some important events that I am pretty sure, she would not want Blue Ivy to miss out on because she wants to rule the world by 13...

I just watched both Dance Moms and Raising Asia.

Dance Moms: Christy deserved to get punched on the side of the head. I agree with you @FlexyTumblerMom. To me, the show's just becoming old.

And do you guys know what Abby said about that time Maddie forgot her solo in her new book?

‘Dance Moms’ Producers Set Up Maddie Ziegler To Fail, Abby Lee Miller Claims In New Book

(Side note: did anyone catch that Abby's new book is also a parenting advice guide? What the he**?).

Raising Asia: There I was, sitting on my bed, stuffing my face with wholegrain chips (emphasis on wholegrain, people), getting jealous over an eight year old's body :confused:

Asia acts like she's older than me. Also, I'm not sure if she's confindent or cocky. Right now, I'm leaning more towards cocky. And Kristie.... Lawd.

I'm with you on this one, @CheerBank. I'm keeping my mouth shut :cool:

I just watched both Dance Moms and Raising Asia.

Dance Moms: Christy deserved to get punched on the side of the head. I agree with you @FlexyTumblerMom. To me, the show's just becoming old.

And do you guys know what Abby said about that time Maddie forgot her solo in her new book?

‘Dance Moms’ Producers Set Up Maddie Ziegler To Fail, Abby Lee Miller Claims In New Book

(Side note: did anyone catch that Abby's new book is also a parenting advice guide? What the he**?).

Raising Asia: There I was, sitting on my bed, stuffing my face with wholegrain chips (emphasis on wholegrain, people), getting jealous over an eight year old's body :confused:

Asia acts like she's older than me. Also, I'm not sure if she's confindent or cocky. Right now, I'm leaning more towards cocky. And Kristie.... Lawd.

I'm with you on this one, @CheerBank. I'm keeping my mouth shut :cool:
Someone should have run a spell-check before printing that article.

:D
Sorry to change the subject guys, but I have sort-of breaking news:

My dance studio just posted this photo on Facebook and said that there's gonna be a Dance Moms UK.....
1012589_675149869213082_297201512568449961_n.jpg

Lifetime UK commissions local version of “Dance Moms” » Realscreen
:DShe's trying to strike the Abby pose.... but I'm not scared of her.

Abby will probably make the girls rehearse a group dance for the reception...

Last edited:
Back