OT The Dance Moms Thread!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic

Are you on team Abby or team Kelly

• Total voters
I'm sitting watching a repeat of Dance Moms with my mom and I hate this show so much and I want to leave the room so badly, but my cat is on my lap and she rarely cuddles with me so I don't want to move.
I'm so over this show. The moms are ridiculous. The new moms are ridiculous. Abby is ridiculous. The new, apparently very religious but still gets into fist fights, mom has crazy eyes.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Though I will say this regarding the episode: I think it's super sketch that Abby kinda turned the other cheek when the two moms got in a fist fight because they had the two youngest kids and without them their group wouldn't be eligible to compete against the original group because of the age brackets. It's kinda like sandbagging if you ask me. And I haven't seen the results yet.

Though I will say this regarding the episode: I think it's super sketch that Abby kinda turned the other cheek when the two moms got in a fist fight because they had the two youngest kids and without them their group wouldn't be eligible to compete against the original group because of the age brackets. It's kinda like sandbagging if you ask me. And I haven't seen the results yet.

I just don't understand how that fight was okay

But the fight with Kelly wasn't

That fight was okay cause it was 100% fake and set up. Some of them were laughing and some of them were hitting and hair pulling people that they weren't even mad at. So dumb.

Because dance competitions use the average age of the group to determine the division, as opposed to the age of the oldest member method that cheer does, it is pretty common to see studios pulling down the age w/ one or two younger kids in dances w/ much older kids.

Because dance competitions use the average age of the group to determine the division, as opposed to the age of the oldest member method that cheer does, it is pretty common to see studios pulling down the age w/ one or two younger kids in dances w/ much older kids.
I always wondered how that worked.

I always wondered how that worked.
At least dance comps are doing more to prevent this scenario by making the rule that routines are not allowed to compete more than one division lower than the oldest dancer. For example, if a group ranges from 9-18 years old and the average age is 11, then that group must compete im the teen category (at age 12)because there is a senior dancer in there.

Most dance comps age divisions are: Mini (8 and under), Junior (9-11), teen (12-14), and senior (15-19)

I think the fight was because "Beyoncé" was bugging out over her daughter being pulled from the battle group and only doing field show.
BTW her dp is a beautiful dancer but seems to be a better fit for contemporary.
On TrashTalkTV someone made a comment asking if this was All Star cheer....smh

Up until this I thought you guys were talking about THE Beyoncé and I was very confused

Kalani is stunning!! Such a wonderful dancer, too. She won Junior dancer of the year last year at The Dance Awards (I would compare it to like a NCA/Worlds of competitive dance). Her studio is Club Dance and all of them are so, so talented.
I live right down the street from club dance! And I know a lot of girls who dance there and they're all amazing!

Did you guys see that Abby Lee Miller and the show Dance Moms are nominated for Emmys? I hope to god that woman doesn't win. Could you imagine her wrath if she won? If anything, she should get some sort of award for how many times she could fit the word "Maddie" into a pyramid speech like she did in last weeks episode.

I know it's a show but does anyone know if she's as bad as she seems on TV as she is in real life? I want to believe she's not so bad.

Did you guys see that Abby Lee Miller and the show Dance Moms are nominated for Emmys? I hope to god that woman doesn't win. Could you imagine her wrath if she won? If anything, she should get some sort of award for how many times she could fit the word "Maddie" into a pyramid speech like she did in last weeks episode.

I know it's a show but does anyone know if she's as bad as she seems on TV as she is in real life? I want to believe she's not so bad.

In what category - trashy reality TV? Like what other shows are nominated in their category? I can't believe they'd give an Emmy to this type of show, but I haven't paid attention to the Emmy's for a while so maybe there is a new category.

Ok upon further search, it looks like it "Reality TV Emmys" host by some site. My B. The dance moms peeps were posting on their instagrams with it like it was the real deal. I guess that's what I get for scrolling through Instagram half asleep. I should've just rolled over and went back to bed :p but now I'm glad she wasn't actually nominated for a real Emmy.

Back