Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic

Are you on team Abby or team Kelly

• Total voters
Tonight is the season 5 finale.

Sad

At least I can start watching 238 Kids and Counting during that hour

The finale? Or the mid-season finale? According to spoilers there should be like 6 more episodes before the reunion.

The finale? Or the mid-season finale? According to spoilers there should be like 6 more episodes before the reunion.

Ugh 6 more episodes? Maybe if we cause as big of an uproar as we did with Cheerleaders we can get Stage Moms cancelled, too.

I'm kidding. Mostly.

If they're talking about an original member leaving its most likely Nia who's not returning. That won't even be a surprise. They went from 7 team members to 3 in like two seasons lol.

"The final episode for this season will also feature the departure of one dancer as Abby announces that one of them will not return to the team."

In one of the clips on their Facebook page, Abby is known for saying that between JoJo, Sarah, and Brynn one won't be coming back because the team is too big.

I just went back and counted...make that 9 more episodes before the reunion.

And, as part of Season 5, there is supposed to be footage from Australia that is going to be filmed soon.

I'm guessing by finale they mean mid-season...they tend to do that at Lifetime.

Yeah the spoiler website lists more competitions but all of the news articles are calling it the season 5 finale. Typically the first half of a season lasted until the end of March and April and then picked up in June or July. To just show episodes in jan and February, this is very short for DM

Whatever they want to call it, it'll still be back shortly with candy apples crap

I can't wait for this show to end.
unfortunately i think this show has a HUGE audience and it won't end anytime soon! Maybe one day whenever there is only mackenzie and maddie left people will get bored but as of right now, i don't see and end anytime soon

This weeks episode was stupid , looks like it was Kalanis turn to get yelled at now

I thought it was a low blow for those moms to mention Kira's other kid and arrest record. Yeah, think it, sure...but to put her on blast on TV was just tacky.

I'm wondering how much of it was true. We know that ALM said on a previous episode that Kalani's mom chose her bf over her kid, and there were articles about why she left stating that they wanted a 7 yr contact and she was away from her son for 4 months at a time..and she'd also purchased a studio in AZ

And for the arrest. I wonder what Jessalynnebelle googled on her phone, to pull it up so quickly and what was quickly sent to phone from a producer :rolleyes:. I googled her name and different search strategies with "arrest" in it and nothing popped up on the first page or two of hits.

I also (from my phone) went to the court record search for Pima county and Scottsdale (based on the assumption that that's were they were located in AZ, but I could've been wrong about where they lived). I could have used the wrong name, wrong county records etc...or she could have paid to have it sealed between filming and airing...

Librarian problems

spent some time watching some dance moms videos, and ive come to the conclusion that the aldc must have some crappy choreographers cause watching videos of all the girls who have come and gone and are at different studios, they look so much better now that they have left the aldc. i also have to wonder if they are intentionally making sure some of the girls dont beat maddie and give maddie better choreography overall....hmmm....

There definitely are studios out there that intentionally make sure certain kids are more likely to win by giving them better choreography, songs, costumes, etc. than their teammates. It's one of the reasons competition dance is so political and so filled w/ kiss up parents. Sometimes the biggest obstacle is getting your kid in a position where her own studio is vested in her doing well. It's sad that it has to be that way, but it happens, and not just at ALDC.

Ugh 6 more episodes? Maybe if we cause as big of an uproar as we did with Cheerleaders we can get Stage Moms cancelled, too.

I'm kidding. Mostly.

If they're talking about an original member leaving its most likely Nia who's not returning. That won't even be a surprise. They went from 7 team members to 3 in like two seasons lol.

I'm starting to notice a pattern that when these girls go through puberty and no longer look like little kids, their days are numbered on the show. I have a theory that Chloe didn't really leave completely voluntarily, but instead was just let out of her contract cause she was starting to look too old - and the scene at the end of the season was all staged, along w/ all of Christi's whining and complaining that she wanted out. Producers probably let her keep up that image that she wanted out instead of the other way around because of Chloe's big fan base.

I'm sure Nia will be the next to go - she's been too old since last year. In last night's episode Holly was driving her somewhere and she was sitting in the back seat - CP and I both noticed how odd it was because no 14 year old girl would sit in the back seat w/ just her and her mom in the car. The whole premise of overinvolved crazy dance moms just doesn't fly w/ teenagers - they need it to be young kids or it just looks ridiculous and forced. They need young replacements for that original cast if the show is going to go on.

This whole show is just so...

Kira's twitter has peopled filled with others saying they searched and found nothing, leading me to believe that entire argument was staged. As for her son, again, no one's business.

Abby letting go of Sarah makes sense. I don't think it's that the kids necessarily look too old, it's that Abby can't win in the teen category and she knows it. She wants junior age kids for the junior bracket.

As for Chloe leaving, Christi has wanted out since the end of Season 2 and has been continually open about it. When Kelly's contract went to court it proved that everyone was, indeed, trapped for so many seasons and that's why Christi left when she did. She didn't even dance under an ALDC contract for the entire last season and only showed up to film because Lifetime wouldn't let them out.

I did find it interesting that they finally went to a real competition...well, sorta real...Starpower is reputable but you can't find the results on their website ;p...and lost horribly. Shocking, not shocked.

I think Jill is a moron, Maddie looked out of it most of the time she was on camera, and I appreciated Maddie and Mackenzie's honesty when they were 'put behind closed doors' about the video. I also appreciate that MattyB's fatherger didn't bend to Abby's will. If I were to wager a guess, the second he heard them all sing he decided he didn't want them singing anymore and that was what got Abby so offended. With 2 million hits and rising, it wouldn't have been a step-backwards for Mackenzie. I still can't stand Holly anymore but I'm glad she stood up for Nia.

I'm starting to notice a pattern that when these girls go through puberty and no longer look like little kids, their days are numbered on the show. I have a theory that Chloe didn't really leave completely voluntarily, but instead was just let out of her contract cause she was starting to look too old - and the scene at the end of the season was all staged, along w/ all of Christi's whining and complaining that she wanted out. Producers probably let her keep up that image that she wanted out instead of the other way around because of Chloe's big fan base.

I'm sure Nia will be the next to go - she's been too old since last year. In last night's episode Holly was driving her somewhere and she was sitting in the back seat - CP and I both noticed how odd it was because no 14 year old girl would sit in the back seat w/ just her and her mom in the car. The whole premise of overinvolved crazy dance moms just doesn't fly w/ teenagers - they need it to be young kids or it just looks ridiculous and forced. They need young replacements for that original cast if the show is going to go on.

To be fair a lot of the times on reality TV someone is unnecessarily In the backseat because a cameraman or productive is riding shotgun even if they're using a dash cam

My mom commented on how old Nia looked last night

I don't think I think that with Chloe. I noticed that ALM said to Sarah that she wanted to work with her In the future. If the show continues they're going to have no choice but to stay in the Teen category, because MacKenzie alone can't pull down the average age...plus doesn't she turn 11 this year anyway.

If Nia gets the boot Itll because she's legitimately not as good as the others and holds them back in the older category

For the car scene---one I'm annoyed that Nia isn't wear her seatbelt correctly but nonewithstanding, it's illegal in most states to have any child under the age of 12 in the front seat for safety. She may ride back there normally because Holly knows the dangers associates with children in the front seat versus back...of course, I'd also assume she'd make her wear her seatbelt right too but...sigh

I thought it was a low blow for those moms to mention Kira's other kid and arrest record. Yeah, think it, sure...but to put her on blast on TV was just tacky.

I'm wondering how much of it was true. We know that ALM said on a previous episode that Kalani's mom chose her bf over her kid, and there were articles about why she left stating that they wanted a 7 yr contact and she was away from her son for 4 months at a time..and she'd also purchased a studio in AZ

And for the arrest. I wonder what Jessalynnebelle googled on her phone, to pull it up so quickly and what was quickly sent to phone from a producer :rolleyes:. I googled her name and different search strategies with "arrest" in it and nothing popped up on the first page or two of hits.

I also (from my phone) went to the court record search for Pima county and Scottsdale (based on the assumption that that's were they were located in AZ, but I could've been wrong about where they lived). I could have used the wrong name, wrong county records etc...or she could have paid to have it sealed between filming and airing...

Librarian problems

I laugh (not at you) you are such a librarian (this is a compliment) I have a lot of library friends and volunteer at one - research junkie ;)

Latest posts

Back