OT The Dance Moms Thread!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic

Are you on team Abby or team Kelly

• Total voters
@ErinS Seriously because I dislike 2 posts where you break Fierceboard rules and name call a minor ( a first for me but the nastiness directed at an actual child was so not okay) you actually go and find my 2 last posts regardless of what they are and purposely go dislike them (based on the fact that they were done in the same minute pretty clear that was what you were doing). More than a little juvenile but then again I disliked your post because name calling a 12 yo was something you felt was an okay option. Next time I should just report you for name calling at a minor and asked that such posts be removed by admin.
Are you for real? This is a national television show. These kids are making millions and are old enough to say whether they want to be famous or not. Getting discussed for being an immature, snotty brat on national television (which Maddy has been for the past 2 years) is part of the deal.
And seriously - there are way bigger issues in the world today in case you haven't turned on your television or opened your internet browser....
Plus I believe that it's been stated that those that put themselves out there (including cheer athletes) on TV, web shows, etc. don't have the same rules on here in regards to being discussed as minors.

So, did I miss anything good or is this thread just a little boring?

**A million thanks to anyone that can find When will Susie Tic Toc on XtraNormal**

The show has been on for a quick 30 seconds and Maddie has already validated @ErinS and everyone else's thoughts on her.
"I can't believe Mackenzie beat me, she's just a little dancer and my tap ALWAYS wins"
"Obviously I'm going to beat her again so I don't care"

Also- I don't care how talented someone is, that doesn't give them a free pass on how they act.

I am not going to revisit this talk about Maddie because it is obvious we would never ever agree...
Tbh, I was quite surprised that Maddie and MacKenzie even came in 1st-2nd place in the first place. I thought MacKenzie's routine had little dancing elements in it and more acrobats, it actually looked more like a gymnastic floor routine and Maddie's was OK, but worthy of 2nd place, nope! I've seen some impressive tap-dancing at my daughter's dance recital last Saturday, haha..

PS: What I was wondering, Can Maddie still compete as an amateur, if she appeared in all these music videos?

The show has been on for a quick 30 seconds and Maddie has already validated @ErinS and everyone else's thoughts on her.
"I can't believe Mackenzie beat me, she's just a little dancer and my tap ALWAYS wins"
"Obviously I'm going to beat her again so I don't care"

Also- I don't care how talented someone is, that doesn't give them a free pass on how they act.
I was thinking the same thing last night. And I revalidated how much I dislike Melissa. She's awful. The part about JoJo's grandma was really sweet. I was surprised Abbey was so caring about it, but you know.
And I thought the part where Maddie went and "warmed up" for her solo was horribly low. I was so excited when that MDP kid won, although I wished it would've been JoJo in second.

Are you for real? This is a national television show. These kids are making millions and are old enough to say whether they want to be famous or not. Getting discussed for being an immature, snotty brat on national television (which Maddy has been for the past 2 years) is part of the deal.
And seriously - there are way bigger issues in the world today in case you haven't turned on your television or opened your internet browser....
You are correct there are bigger issues yet here we all are on this thread. Adults name calling about kids not okay ever whether they are famous or not.

You are correct there are bigger issues yet here we all are on this thread. Adults name calling about kids not okay ever whether they are famous or not.
I hate to break it to you but the majority of those kids and moms, including Abby are pretty catty and yes even brats. It just is what it is. Actually the majority of people who appear on reality tv are over the top dramatic among other things.

I hate to break it to you but the majority of those kids and moms, including Abby are pretty catty and yes even brats. It just is what it is. Actually the majority of people who appear on reality tv are over the top dramatic among other things.
Not breaking a thing to me - I watch the show. It may be what it is but doesn't make it okay for a group of adults to sit on a board and name call at a child and slam at her. None of us who are parents here would stand by and allow people to talk about our kids that way and as adults we should stand up for protecting kids not slamming them famous or not.

Not breaking a thing to me - I watch the show. It may be what it is but doesn't make it okay for a group of adults to sit on a board and name call at a child and slam at her. None of us who are parents here would stand by and allow people to talk about our kids that way and as adults we should stand up for protecting kids not slamming them famous or not.

I agree with you but can you please (using a song I have heard way too many times this season) Let it go. The poster doesnt need you calling her out at this particular moment in time

I agree with you but can you please (using a song I have heard way too many times this season) Let it go. The poster doesnt need you calling her out at this particular moment in time

While everyone understands the user in question is going through something tragic, said user is still responsible for their words and actions. Everyone is responsible for the way they conduct themselves regardless of how much they are hurting. Being rude and spiteful does not make any situation better, make you feel better, or change what has happened. Nor does grief give you a free pass to act however you want without repercussions.

I am not going to revisit this talk about Maddie because it is obvious we would never ever agree...
Tbh, I was quite surprised that Maddie and MacKenzie even came in 1st-2nd place in the first place. I thought MacKenzie's routine had little dancing elements in it and more acrobats, it actually looked more like a gymnastic floor routine and Maddie's was OK, but worthy of 2nd place, nope! I've seen some impressive tap-dancing at my daughter's dance recital last Saturday, haha..

PS: What I was wondering, Can Maddie still compete as an amateur, if she appeared in all these music videos?

No, they compete in open categories.

Also remember these competitions are rigged in the sense that they are invite only, most studios have a max number of kids and routine they can bring (60 kids total is pretty common) and outside of the ALDC and whoever the storyline is with (Cathy, MDP, Jeanette...etc, etc) there is normally only 1-2 other studios there max.

While everyone understands the user in question is going through something tragic, said user is still responsible for their words and actions. Everyone is responsible for the way they conduct themselves regardless of how much they are hurting. Being rude and spiteful does not make any situation better, make you feel better, or change what has happened. Nor does grief give you a free pass to act however you want without repercussions.

Thats not what I meant obviously what she said was wrong but was not handled or called out in the best manner . It would been better now to just let it go because what was said has been said and now she knows people dont like it.

If there is a problem just message the person

that song kendall was dancing to was killing me. who picked that, it was awful
jojo was cute but i think that dance style is not for her
maddie....oh well.... that child will need some serious therapy sessions in the future, and mackenzie too i'm afraid

and can we go one episode without sia being mentioned please. ugh

Back