OT The Dance Moms Thread!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic

Are you on team Abby or team Kelly

• Total voters
I can't with this show anymore...national television and for some reason Abby was in just her bra/shapewear and pants? What on earth.

Also I think Kira slightly overreacted to Abby turning kalani away from a hug but to say "you're sleeping with a man you're not even married to" right in front of someone's daughter isn't okay, whether kalani already knew it or not, family life should be off limits. Similar to the comment she made about how much jojos dad does or doesn't make last week.

In other news Maddie was on PLL tonight. Luckily she was just dancing and not acting. It was a creepy role pretty similar (in movements not in the outfit or setting) to the chandelier video. Looked good though! I didn't realize it was her at first, she looked older. Let's hope they don't have her in an acting role later.

Hey Abby...remember that show you used to have? What was it called...oh right, Abby's Ultimate Dance Competition. You do remember Tassandra was like a supervising choreographer in Season 2 right? Stop acting like you don't know her, I can google the videos otherwise.

So, Abby needs to lay off the speed. That's all I have to say about that. Had she licked her own face one more time I would have seriously gone crazy. Even my daughter said "she licked all her lipstick off with her tongue mom what's wrong with her?!" My daughter is 9. She shouldn't even notice that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haha I legitimately don't understand why her shirt was off..it can't be that hard to put a cotton vneck t-shirt back on. Especially on national tv.
I actually read about why her shirt was off. read about it in some interview she HATES the new production team and was under the belief that you could not be filmed without a shirt on. Clearly that is not the case as we all saw WAY to much of Abby last night.

I actually read about why her shirt was off. read about it in some interview she HATES the new production team and was under the belief that you could not be filmed without a shirt on. Clearly that is not the case as we all saw WAY to much of Abby last night.

Umm I haven't seen the new episode yet but technology has evolved so much that they can blur things out now. Or just take the audio.

In Behind the Scene things of The Real World, the crew said the people in the house used to intentionally curse between every word in a sentence so that the audio was unusable. Or they'd flip off the camera while doing something so that it messed with the picture enough that the producers couldn't use it in the story of the episode. But dance moms seems to just make up ridiculous plot lines for drama so her taking her shirt off would only add to the crazy.

She's really going to have to try harder than that.

Also, I feel like this has finally come full circle. Moms and dancers were stuck in their contracts no matter how badly Abby treated them. Now Abby is stuck in her contract no matter how badly the producers treat her.

If you listen super closely when she originally shows up, you can hear a man's voice say, "No cameras on her."

Last edited:
I think it is becoming clear that this train wreck the point of it being about dance is gone and Abby has tremendously lost her way. She had the bravado to make it appear that she knew what she was up to but so not there. Looking back on like the first season (it was on one night) you can see where dance was the focus and even though her teaching methods were less than stellar she would have some genuine moments with a variety of the kids.... she has bought into her persona so much she has lost sight. It really is sad all around. ALL OF THEM look exhausted emotional wrecks. Something is going to go bad if it doesn't just end you can just sense it now.

Umm I haven't seen the new episode yet but technology has evolved so much that they can blur things out now. Or just take the audio.

In Behind the Scene things of The Real World, the crew said the people in the house used to intentionally curse between every word in a sentence so that the audio was unusable. Or they'd flip off the camera while doing something so that it messed with the picture enough that the producers couldn't use it in the story of the episode. But dance moms seems to just make up ridiculous plot lines for drama so her taking her shirt off would only add to the crazy.

She's really going to have to try harder than that.

Also, I feel like this has finally come full circle. Moms and dancers were stuck in their contracts no matter how badly Abby treated them. Now Abby is stuck in her contract no matter how badly the producers treat her.
Pretty clever. And karma has a way of working it way back to you! I have no sympathy for her.

I think it is becoming clear that this train wreck the point of it being about dance is gone and Abby has tremendously lost her way. She had the bravado to make it appear that she knew what she was up to but so not there. Looking back on like the first season (it was on one night) you can see where dance was the focus and even though her teaching methods were less than stellar she would have some genuine moments with a variety of the kids.... she has bought into her persona so much she has lost sight. It really is sad all around. ALL OF THEM look exhausted emotional wrecks. Something is going to go bad if it doesn't just end you can just sense it now.
I also think that, too often, Abby forgets that she is not the only renown teacher in the dance world. If anything, this show has (with her help, let's be honest) killed her industry cred and made her look super unprofessional. I feel like she could have stopped this once she was out of bankruptcy. But I guess money is just too tempting.

I agree. Abby bought into the fame without staying humble or grounded. She is not even a good dance teacher, let alone anyone with real credibility.

Pretty clever. And karma has a way of working it way back to you! I have no sympathy for her.

I also think that, too often, Abby forgets that she is not the only renown teacher in the dance world. If anything, this show has (with her help, let's be honest) killed her industry cred and made her look super unprofessional. I feel like she could have stopped this once she was out of bankruptcy. But I guess money is just too tempting.
Tbh, I stopped watching the program after Chloe left and I believe, I caught an episode 2 weeks ago. Based on what I am reading on Fierceboard, Abby started believing the crazy hype that centered around her, especially during the time she had that other show, Ultimate Dancer, but now, the media and TPTB build her up and are now unraveling and tearing her down. I bet my rent money that before Dance Mom's fully jumped the shark, Melissa will turn on Abby! Jmo

Tbh, I stopped watching the program after Chloe left and I believe, I caught an episode 2 weeks ago. Based on what I am reading on Fierceboard, Abby started believing the crazy hype that centered around her, especially during the time she had that other show, Ultimate Dancer, but now, the media and TPTB build her up and are now unraveling and tearing her down. I bet my rent money that before Dance Mom's fully jumped the shark, Melissa will turn on Abby! Jmo
When you tell enough lies, you actually start to believe them. When you put on a fake personality for a long enough time, you begin to adopt it as your own.

When you tell enough lies, you actually start to believe them. When you put on a fake personality for a long enough time, you begin to adopt it as your own.
True that! But I believe the real opportunist Melissa will show her claws this season, now that her daughters are branching out from this program and she rode the Abby Lee car, until the wheels fell off... There is a true madness behind Melissa, she is like snacks in the grass, lol... I've seen people like Melissa, she can end up having Abby working for her and owning the whole darn dance studio...

Back