OT The Dance Moms Thread!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic

Are you on team Abby or team Kelly

• Total voters
Those girls are all on contracts. So they will be out of the team when LifeTime gives Abby the "okay" Hence as to why Nia hasn't left yet. If it were really all up to Abby Nia would have been gone, so would have a couple of the other older girls like kalani who's rising up in age as well.

Producers choose the cast of the dance moms, Abby has little say so.

I have a friend who is friends with a family that is part of the show. Any parent could easily get their child out of the contract by saying being part of the show is emotionally damaging to their child. The problem, right or wrong, it is very hard for them to walk away from the money and fame that go with being part of the show. Each child is making over $10,000 an episode.

I have a friend who is friends with a family that is part of the show. Any parent could easily get their child out of the contract by saying being part of the show is emotionally damaging to their child. The problem, right or wrong, it is very hard for them to walk away from the money and fame that go with being part of the show. Each child is making over $10,000 an episode.
Hopefully that will be enough to cover the years of upcoming therapy.

Those girls are all on contracts. So they will be out of the team when LifeTime gives Abby the "okay" Hence as to why Nia hasn't left yet. If it were really all up to Abby Nia would have been gone, so would have a couple of the other older girls like kalani who's rising up in age as well.

Producers choose the cast of the dance moms, Abby has little say so.

I think that if Nia wanted to be gone then Nia would be gone. We've watched Dr. holly transform from a highly grounded, educated, realistic concerned mom to a nutcase just like the other moms. They're both in it for the fame now just like Jill and just like Melissa.

Nia could have left like Chloe, had her family wanted to

I don't think Nia's age is a factor. Now that 3 girls turn 13 this year they need Nia's age. If Chloe hadn't left she would be 14 as well. Paige too. Brooke would be nearly 18. last night the only reason why Nia wasn't part of the solo battle is because JoJo, Maddie and Kendall are all 12 and in the same age category. Nia isn't. But this coming year they're all going to be teen by age and average.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

maddie just looks drained , unhappy and exhausted in every single episode. this kid will be burnt out by the age of 14. It's terrifying to watch
Mackenzie looks unhappier aswell. Melissa is a horrible mother for doing this to her children. I never thought i'd say this but i think the only mom kinda doing it right is Jojos Mom, that kid is the only one that seems to still have some sort of fun

Also ,i really don't like Kendalls dances, something about her just looks awkward.

Also ,i really don't like Kendalls dances, something about her just looks awkward.

I've always found Kendall to be very awkward. She doesn't have the natural grace that the best dancers have. She's a beautiful girl but I've never watched one of her dances and had a "wow!" reaction, always just average.

I've always found Kendall to be very awkward. She doesn't have the natural grace that the best dancers have. She's a beautiful girl but I've never watched one of her dances and had a "wow!" reaction, always just average.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels this way about Kendall. She makes everything look clunky and nothing she does looks easy unlike Maddie, who makes her dances look effortless.

I really don't like watch Kendall dance. Nia is getting on that level too. They both look like, I don't know, like they aren't conditioned or something?

I actually like kendall, I think she has improved, considering the crappy choreography she is given. But I dont understand why Abby gave her a prop, I felt like that was like a set up. Considering Abby herself said that kendall doesn't do well with props.

maddie just looks drained , unhappy and exhausted in every single episode. this kid will be burnt out by the age of 14. It's terrifying to watch
Mackenzie looks unhappier aswell. Melissa is a horrible mother for doing this to her children. I never thought i'd say this but i think the only mom kinda doing it right is Jojos Mom, that kid is the only one that seems to still have some sort of fun

What's sad is some of those moms clearly are having more fun than their kids doing this show - Jill looks like she couldn't be happier w/ her spot on this show and her fame, meanwhile her child looks stressed out and uncomfortable on camera all the time. Melissa also gives me a vibe that she enjoys the TV thing and doesn't care how much damage its doing to her kids.

I saw some of this most recent episode and one thing that stood out to me was how great Abby looked - now that she's lost all that weight you can really see how beautiful her face is. A few more pounds and she's actually going to end up looking better than most of the mothers ;) - which would be ironic cause in the beggining of the show all the original moms used to rip on her appearance all the time.

This episode was more of the same...spoiler alert; next week is Nia v Kalani for the teenage solo, in case, you hadn't guessed it

Honestly, Nia's video stuff is awkward---I get Holly being excited about it, but it's so producer drive

As a mom who had nothing but complicated pregnancies my heart goes out to Kira---it sucks

Maddie won...shocked, not shocked. Kendall would have had a small chance without the prop, but she wasn't winning anyway. Mackenzie winning was a surprise, and that bat costume---eek

The moms are more or less the same as always...boring, boring, boring

And Jill's cartwheel....honey, you need a longer skirt

I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels this way about Kendall. She makes everything look clunky and nothing she does looks easy unlike Maddie, who makes her dances look effortless.

I really don't like watch Kendall dance. Nia is getting on that level too. They both look like, I don't know, like they aren't conditioned or something?

I agree with you about Kendall. I've always said she's pretty enough to model--like print or catalog type work, not high fashion, runway...but when she dances, you can see her focusing on the dance through her face. Nia is more or less the same, but I think she is a much better hip hop and jazz dancer than she is lyrical or contemporary.

As for Maddie, to me she's not as effortless as others thing and I've noticed lately she's back into her old habit of not finishing her moves. When she goes to the teen category, she's gonna have a lot of issues because of that.

What's sad is some of those moms clearly are having more fun than their kids doing this show - Jill looks like she couldn't be happier w/ her spot on this show and her fame, meanwhile her child looks stressed out and uncomfortable on camera all the time. Melissa also gives me a vibe that she enjoys the TV thing and doesn't care how much damage its doing to her kids.

I saw some of this most recent episode and one thing that stood out to me was how great Abby looked - now that she's lost all that weight you can really see how beautiful her face is. A few more pounds and she's actually going to end up looking better than most of the mothers ;) - which would be ironic cause in the beggining of the show all the original moms used to rip on her appearance all the time.

But to be fair this show is called "Dance Moms" not "Dance Daughters". Wasn't the intention for the show to be about the mothers....but children started watching and the fame of the kids too off. The station, the time slot....even those throw back episodes with the adult humor in the pop ups indicate that the target demographic was adults and never kids.

Because of this I'm okay with Jill and the rest of them being happy with the fame and whatever because it was always supposed to be about them. It's just a catch 22 because it comes at the expense of their poor parenting of their children.

This episode was more of the same...spoiler alert; next week is Nia v Kalani for the teenage solo, in case, you hadn't guessed it

Honestly, Nia's video stuff is awkward---I get Holly being excited about it, but it's so producer drive

As a mom who had nothing but complicated pregnancies my heart goes out to Kira---it sucks

According to Instagram Kira's pregnancy is going well and she's 6 1/2 months along with a boy.

I checked last night because I hated to think that they were using a real life high risk pregnancy to string along and get viewers.

According to Instagram Kira's pregnancy is going well and she's 6 1/2 months along with a boy.

I checked last night because I hated to think that they were using a real life high risk pregnancy to string along and get viewers.

That makes me happy. I was high risk with both of my girl's from second one until they were out of me; there was never a down time, and being in that constant space of anxiety just sucks.

The producer stringing the audience along would be an all time low for them.

ac84cfa5f3696a9f01d968cdf39cd815.jpg

Back