OT The Dance Moms Thread!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic

Are you on team Abby or team Kelly

• Total voters
is this of when she was at her old studio???
i honestly just think abby is horrible at choreography.. all the girls dances are bland to me, i think maddie, kalani and chloe just have the sheer talent, lines, etc. to make up for the crappy choreography they are/were given.

Yep!! This is one of her solos from last year. She's from the same studio as the Sarah girl from the select team (not the little one with the crazy mom) and the little girl Brynn that was on for a few episodes. Club Dance produces some amazing dancers.

Yep!! This is one of her solos from last year. She's from the same studio as the Sarah girl from the select team (not the little one with the crazy mom) and the little girl Brynn that was on for a few episodes. Club Dance produces some amazing dancers.
is she still dancing at ALDC....

is she still dancing at ALDC....

I'm assuming you're talking about Kalani (if not, I'm sorry!!) but as of now, I'm not sure. I'm pretty sure she competes with her actual studio (Club Dance) when not on the show.

I'll admit I love to figure out stuff about the show before it airs, so I usually check this site. I believe someone here posted it before. I love looking at the results, like apparently at an upcoming comp, Nia beats Kalani. I realize this probably makes me seem like a crazy stalker but I promise I'm not. haha

http://dancemoms.wikia.com/wiki/Dance_Moms_Wiki:Spoilers_and_Future_Episode_Information

Maddie is a miserable, hateful little snot.

By the age of 12 you know how to fake be happy for a sibling and not melt into a narcissist pile of trash. I know that this show is fake but Maddie's reaction is real and her selfishness and narcissism has been exhibited time and time again throughout the course of this show. I know next week Abby won't mention her tacky little melt down in fake pyramid.

Melissa. She's trash too. She lives vicariously through Maddie much like Abby. But plain and simple...she's trash and Mackenzie deserves a better family

And I dont understand why Mackenzie was nearly 11 rocking pig tails.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have to disagree with you about maddie being a "miserable, hateful little snot" and a "narcissist pile of trash." I honestly don't see that at all.

I see a little girl who is continuously put on a pedestal by her teacher and peers and is expected to win in a somewhat false reality. Who is clearly extremely hard on herself and a huge perfectionist and when she is not perfect, she doesn't know how to deal with it. And the adults in her life offer no emotional guidance on how to handle and cope with the intense negative feelings a perfectionist has when they aren't perfect.

At the end of this episode, after she got second, people kept saying "Oh my god Maddie lost, I can't believe Mackenzie beat maddie, maddie's in second, maddie is the loser." It was never just "Congrats Mackenzie", Maddie's failure was always tacked on to every praise. I can guarantee you that, as a perfectionist, she was already saying this to herself and when she couldn't escape all these comments from the others, she visibly became upset. And when her mother started to point out the fact that she was upset, in front of everyone in the room, she tried covering it up and told her mom to stop but Melissa kept insisting, only drawing more attention to Maddie when Maddie was trying to hide the fact that she was upset. And to be clear I don't think she was upset about losing, I think she was upset about people pointing out her loss over and over and over and the feeling that she had failed and disappointed everyone.

This would be a normal response for anyone. She was happy for her sister. She hugged her on the stage and she had a genuine smile on her face. She was smiling when they first got back to the hallway when people were congratulating Mackenzie. It wasn't until people started to continuously point out her failure that she became overwhelmed and upset.

Considering the fact that the days before this, she was once again in the spot light for her Sia video, probably hearing the controversial comments about the video, it doesn't surprise me that this is how she reacted. She carries such a huge amount of pressure around with her. I don't think many grown adults could handle that all perfectly, let alone a 12 year old.

Melissa is terribly flawed, I won't argue with you about that.

I have to disagree with you about maddie being a "miserable, hateful little snot" and a "narcissist pile of trash." I honestly don't see that at all.

I see a little girl who is continuously put on a pedestal by her teacher and peers and is expected to win in a somewhat false reality. Who is clearly extremely hard on herself and a huge perfectionist and when she is not perfect, she doesn't know how to deal with it. And the adults in her life offer no emotional guidance on how to handle and cope with the intense negative feelings a perfectionist has when they aren't perfect.

At the end of this episode, after she got second, people kept saying "Oh my god Maddie lost, I can't believe Mackenzie beat maddie, maddie's in second, maddie is the loser." It was never just "Congrats Mackenzie", Maddie's failure was always tacked on to every praise. I can guarantee you that, as a perfectionist, she was already saying this to herself and when she couldn't escape all these comments from the others, she visibly became upset. And when her mother started to point out the fact that she was upset, in front of everyone in the room, she tried covering it up and told her mom to stop but Melissa kept insisting, only drawing more attention to Maddie when Maddie was trying to hide the fact that she was upset. And to be clear I don't think she was upset about losing, I think she was upset about people pointing out her loss over and over and over and the feeling that she had failed and disappointed everyone.

This would be a normal response for anyone. She was happy for her sister. She hugged her on the stage and she had a genuine smile on her face. She was smiling when they first got back to the hallway when people were congratulating Mackenzie. It wasn't until people started to continuously point out her failure that she became overwhelmed and upset.

Considering the fact that the days before this, she was once again in the spot light for her Sia video, probably hearing the controversial comments about the video, it doesn't surprise me that this is how she reacted. She carries such a huge amount of pressure around with her. I don't think many grown adults could handle that all perfectly, let alone a 12 year old.

Melissa is terribly flawed, I won't argue with you about that.

I don't have the time to like dissect and reply to your whole comment because of other stuff and the fact that I genuinely don't give a rats a--- about this show fight now (I'm not being rude. See random).

But in short. When Melissa came up to Mackenzie crying in the hallway. The first thing out of her mouth was "don't cry mom, it's just a stupid competition". This was prior to all of the other comments she made or them

She's a hateful, snotty little heifer and this isn't the first time she's acted that way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree with @ErinS about Maddie. This may be the first time the producers have actually pitted the show against her; but we have seen Maddie acting like a brat since Season 1. The only difference now is she is at an age where we expect better; though I do think her attitude is largely the fault of Melissa and Abby, she was the same crappy self when it was Chloe beating her. The only reason Abby didn't turn this into a "This is rigged, no way Maddie should have lost," was because she was beat by Mackenzie.

When Jojo joined the cast, I cringed. Like, a lot. But the more Abby is mean to her, the more I'm starting to fall for her. Funny how that happens; though I have always loved her spark on stage.

Mackenzie's routine was very cutesy. But all she does is cutesy.

I love Kalani too and it's clear she's playing both sides; DM gives her TV exposure, Club Dance gives her real dancing, challenges, and other opportunities. The fact that Kalani went from placing 1st at everything she went to, to barely being a blimp on the radar is the writing on the wall for Abby. Her choreography sucks.

I will say this; Maddie's mental health is definitely in jeopardy but Melissa is too dense to see it and Abby only sees dollar signs. The third Sia video was beyond boring and most people I know, and have seen commented, felt the same way. Her stint on Austin & Ally didn't actually raise the rating of the show so it is unlikely that Maddie could use that to try and get a show of her own and her acting is subpar compared to most her age. She's currently recording music despite saying she doesn't really like singing and it's good at it, so she'll be our next pop princess that won't actually be one. I want so desperately to be wrong, but I have a feeling 5-10 years from now we'll see her on some sort of VH1 'Where are they now,' and she's in rehab.

I guess being a mom with a 12 y.o of my own, I must come to Maddie's defense and ask (politely, of course) that as adults we refrain from name calling against a minor... I think we should stick to talking about her behavior, but I blame Melissa on making a "mountain out of a molehill" when dealing with the sibling rivalry. As Maddie's Mom, she could have mediated the discussions people were having concerning MacKenzie and Maddie, matter of fact, I as Mom to the 2 girls, I will stop Maddie from entering the music business, this is MacKenzie's domain and Maddie already expressed a disinterest in singing and this creates direct competition again between the siblings. My hunch, the show producers may be creating this tension for the new season and Melissa agreed to partake.

Last edited:
I guess being a mom with a 12 y.o of my own, I must come to Maddie's defense and asked (politely, of course) that as adults we refrain from name calling against a minor... I think we should stick to talking about her behavior, but I blame Melissa on making a "mountain out of a molehill" when dealing with the sibling rivalry. As Maddie's Mom, she could have mediated the discussions people were having concerning MacKenzie and Maddie, matter of fact, I as Mom to the 2 girls, I will stop Maddie from entering the music business, this is MacKenzie's domain and Maddie already expressed a disinterest in singing and this creates direct competition again between the siblings. My hunch, the show producers may be creating this tension for the new season and Melissa agreed to partake.

I don't think Melissa is grounded enough herself to truly control much of what Maddie does anymore. I mean the episode where Maddie was doing Elle /w a chaperone, she was in Pittsburgh complaining about being at the studio for Mackenzie. TBH, that should have been reversed---have a sister or friend come sit in for Mackenzie or heck, I'm sure Holly or Kira could have taken her for to practice for a day or two, and be in New York with your 12 year old. Melissa is too Lynne Spears for me, specifically when Britney first started and watching Lynne do interviews---and frankly, we all know how that story ended. Britney is doing well now, but it wasn't without a lot of falling, bouncing around, and falling some more. If Melissa were smart, and she's not; and Abby had a clue, which she doesn't; they'd be pacing Maddie a bit to handle the pit falls of fame.

I'm clearly a few episodes behind, but I'm kinda surprised Abby lets kalani be on the show even though she is still dancing with her original studio....

@SL&AM, you know, you are absolutely correct in compare Britney Spears and Maddie to their Moms'. As I was reading your message, I thought of the parallels of Britney and her little sister, Jamie Lyn, I heard that their Moms behave the same way towards the 2 girls and attempted live vicariously through those sisters and I heard resulted in Jamie Lyn becoming a teen mom at the potential height of success to escape the demands and Britney, tried to escape by marrying and having children that she was ill equipped to parent...Now, we have Maddie and MacKenzie let's hope that things end differently for them.

@SL&AM, you know, you are absolutely correct in compare Britney Spears and Maddie to their Moms'. As I was reading your message, I thought of the parallels of Britney and her little sister, Jamie Lyn, I heard that their Moms behave the same way towards the 2 girls and attempted live vicariously through those sisters and I heard resulted in Jamie Lyn becoming a teen mom at the potential height of success to escape the demands and Britney, tried to escape by marrying and having children that she was ill equipped to parent...Now, we have Maddie and MacKenzie let's hope that things end differently for them.

Yup :) Sadly, Lynne was the driving force behind Britney and some of her earlier interviews are scary to go back and watch to see the warning signs. Melissa is that delusional. Granted Mackenzie will likely make a better actress than Maddie; much like Jamie Lynn did better at acting than Britney, but outside of dance, Maddie doesn't have another talent. She can work on the voice and work on the acting, but Britney could legitimately sing. She wasn't like Mariah Carey, Whitney Houston, or Aretha good but she had a unique sound that could hold a pitch with the dancing background to truly perform. I don't see Maddie fitting into that role; and most dancers aren't famous in the way Melissa is seeking fame. Mackenzie, if I were taking a guess, would probably be more commercially successful than her sister with the right doors being opened to her...however, Melissa will never, ever let that happen.

I'm a couple episodes behind but I'm absolutely disgusted by Abby's comment along the lines of "daddy's not bringing home enough money so the kid has to make a quick buck" comment because Jojo was endorsing a masterclass.

Also, a throwback pop up video type episode was next on my DVR and I was not ready for the adorableness of when they were itty bitty. I miss that show, not whatever this mess is.

Also, not sure if this was addressed, if so I missed it---but why on Earth would Melissa let Maddie text with Shia? Do they not have google? That is so not appropriate, imo.

Back