OT The Dance Moms Thread!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic

Are you on team Abby or team Kelly

• Total voters
Maybe she slept in them from the night before - haha...

The whole storyline about the breakdown was really strange to me - why exactly was she freaking out? Cause that one studio was using that room whe they got there? Cause the other dancers could do...turns? Dancers other than your own turning - wow - yeah, that's something to have a breakdown over for a studio owner who's been competing all over the country for 30 years. It just seemed very fake and nonsensical to me.

I too did not like seeing that edible arrangements basket disrespected like that. They went too far w/ that one.

Yeah the breakdown made no sense. At one point in the dressing room she does like this dramatic motion with her arm, where she lefts runs it over her face. It looked so fake and contrived....like middle school acting 101

Speaking of acting. Nia did a good job. MAddie makes everything too dramatic. Jojo needs speech therapy. Kendall, Kenzie and Kahlani were all also pleasantly okay. I cringed when Nia said she wanted to be a singer pop star.

I wish Nia's mom would do a better job at styling her natural hair. In the interview where she had a bun it looked so dry it was almost had a gray hue. I went back and watched an episode from the first season and I'm glad Doc. holly is at least attempting to protect her hair from more damage. It's a wonder any of those kids have any edges left

Also like I said Holly was exactly right on her rant after the audition. However the reality is those moms she's left with clearly made a deal with the devil and signed their souls over in blood for "opportunities for their kid" so no Holly they will not cosign with anything you say.

The ride or die moms that would have had her back (Christy and Kelly) have already decided to ride away which should tell Holly something....if not everything.

Am I the only one who thought ALM looked hungover? You can "fake" looking disheveled and unprepared for the day, but I thought her eyes looked really glossy and red.

Nia pleasantly surprised me, too, at the audition. The rest, including Maddie, need to stick to dancing. Nia could land herself a legitimate acting career given the right training.

Am I the only one scratching my head about Maddie beating that other girl in the solos? Don't get me wrong, I do think Maddie is a great dancer, but that other girl was sooooo good!

It is a scripted reality show! A business would not survive in "real life" if an owner acted the way Abby Lee does.

I wondered how they got that fruit basket so fast lol - I have ordered one of those - and you usually can't just go back and get one of those kind!

Yeah I wondered that as well.... but mainly I was appalled at the mistreatment of it.

I still see that chocolate covered strawberry bouncing to the floor in my head. Like how dare you Abby Lee?!

I do think she kind of tried to preserve it...notice how she kind of paused and then dropped it. If she was really wanted to prove a point she would have pushed it from the table in one swift motion.

They seemed to imply at the awards that another kid got a perfect score and they had to do a tiebreaker - and that other kid was not that Talia girl. So Talia didn't even make the top 5 and someone else besides Maddie was perfect score worthy?

So strange, but dance competition judges really do strange stuff a lot, so who knows. I've left so many comps over the years scratching my head about placements, and without any judging rules that specify things like deductions, skill values (ex. doing this is worth more points than doing that, if this happens take off this many points) it really is a big crap shoot.

Yeah I wondered that as well.... but mainly I was appalled at the mistreatment of it.

I still see that chocolate covered strawberry bouncing to the floor in my head. Like how dare you Abby Lee?!

I do think she kind of tried to preserve it...notice how she kind of paused and then dropped it. If she was really wanted to prove a point she would have pushed it from the table in one swift motion.

Lol - cause she knew she was going to pick it up and eat it later!

Me too - I was like - I have ordered those! They deliver them - they are delicious - don't destroy it! ... and wait how did they just walk back in 5 min later with one.

829172ab30185321e580e42532eeff1d.jpg
aecdd9304470327a0a05d3f855f532ee.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They seemed to imply at the awards that another kid got a perfect score and they had to do a tiebreaker - and that other kid was not that Talia girl. So Talia didn't even make the top 5 and someone else besides Maddie was perfect score worthy?

So strange, but dance competition judges really do strange stuff a lot, so who knows. I've left so many comps over the years scratching my head about placements, and without any judging rules that specify things like deductions, skill values (ex. doing this is worth more points than doing that, if this happens take off this many points) it really is a big crap shoot.

lol at me being a super creep, but sometimes I look at a website with "spoilers" on it and apparently Kalani had a solo, and she was the other perfect score. I'm still confused how you can break a tie when two people have the same technical score. Or how Maddie beat Kalani and Talia. I liked how the other coach noticed she fell out of her turns in the group dance.

I think next week is the competition they compete against Club Dance. Those girls are amazing, so I'm curious to see how the results will end up.

lol at me being a super creep, but sometimes I look at a website with "spoilers" on it and apparently Kalani had a solo, and she was the other perfect score. I'm still confused how you can break a tie when two people have the same technical score. Or how Maddie beat Kalani and Talia. I liked how the other coach noticed she fell out of her turns in the group dance.

I think next week is the competition they compete against Club Dance. Those girls are amazing, so I'm curious to see how the results will end up.
Isn't kalani from club dance? That's strange. I wouldn't want to go against my own studio.

Back