OT The Dance Moms Thread!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic

Are you on team Abby or team Kelly

• Total voters
I think with some acting classes and hard work Maddie could be a decent actress. Not an A-List actress but decent. I think she could probably hold her own on a drama series or in a couple episodes of Law and Order. I couldn't see her doing comedy though. Kind of like Dakota Fanning but not as good.
Probably because she's aware enough to know that she can't sing

And yeah I could definitely see her playing a victimized kid on Law and Order SVU or a nearly dead, tragically injured kid on Grey's Anatomy.

Judging by the mock casting call we saw I actually don't think Maddie would do as well in drama as say, Nia. Her, Mackenzie, Kendall, and Kalani were all too Nickelodeon/Disney too me...with lessons I think we may be able to pull it off; but I watched an appearance she did for a TY series (CP watches) and found her acting to be kinda terrible...very uncomfortable looking, not natural at all. Granted the lines weren't the best, but I was surprised by how much I didn't like her acting---then I saw the music video and it was like, "Wait she can act, as long as she's not talking."

Judging by the mock casting call we saw I actually don't think Maddie would do as well in drama as say, Nia. Her, Mackenzie, Kendall, and Kalani were all too Nickelodeon/Disney too me...with lessons I think we may be able to pull it off; but I watched an appearance she did for a TY series (CP watches) and found her acting to be kinda terrible...very uncomfortable looking, not natural at all. Granted the lines weren't the best, but I was surprised by how much I didn't like her acting---then I saw the music video and it was like, "Wait she can act, as long as she's not talking."

That's why I said "with classes". Maybe I should've put more of an emphasis on that part :p I was hella uncomfortable watching her act on Drop Dead Diva or whatever show she played a dancer on. But I think with a lot of work she could be alright. I really wish she would stick to dancing though.

That's why I said "with classes". Maybe I should've put more of an emphasis on that part :p I was hella uncomfortable watching her act on Drop Dead Diva or whatever show she played a dancer on. But I think with a lot of work she could be alright. I really wish she would stick to dancing though.

LOL Yeah---definitely with classes. I think her mom is too fame hungry for dancing to be enough though; there are only a handful of world known dancer's who see any sort of fame and even then, they're typically prima ballerina's and in dance companies across the globe. Maddie, or any of the other girl's, were ever trained for that---dumb on Christi, Chloe had the body for it...that being said, I don't think being a background dancer on a tour or on Broadway will ever be enough for Melissa, therefore, it's not enough for Maddie.

And Mackenzie's rebellion will be epic...sad, but insanity when it happens.

latest

latest

latest

When the heck did Dr. Holly turn into Lynne Spears? I just...not my sweet innocent Nia! Run girl, run!

:deathdrop:
I wish they kept her hair natural Nia is a beautiful girl she doesn't need that hair add on

I feel like I read she would be on a Disney channel show soon

Yeah Austin and Ally (which my kids love but it drives me nuts) If I see the spot where they say and dance and they show Maddie basically do a heel stretch one more time I may go nuts. But it is about Maddie's level of acting all the "kids" on the show act about as well as she - which is now about 4 high school seniors running a music factory to create pop stars - read perfect fit for the talent of the ALDC girls.

In this weeks episode the triple threats are auditioning to star as video vixens in a rap video (I'm exaggerating of course....about them being triple threats)

Spoiler alert.

In this weeks episode the triple threats are auditioning to star as video vixens in a rap video (I'm exaggerating of course....about them being triple threats)

Spoiler alert.

I don't know who that artist is, but I really woildn't call that a "rap video" - lol. More like autotuned singing w/ some rap-like speaking tracks. Very, very little talent going on in that whole video, even the song sounds like it was written by a 4th grader - I think those the didn't make the cut for the video should consider themselves lucky.

Of the Dance Mom's girls I thought Kalani and JoJo did a good job - Nia just looked really awkward in all the scenes they showed of her IMO.

I don't know who that artist is, but I really woildn't call that a "rap video" - lol. More like autotuned singing w/ some rap-like speaking tracks. Very, very little talent going on in that whole video, even the song sounds like it was written by a 4th grader - I think those the didn't make the cut for the video should consider themselves lucky.

Of the Dance Mom's girls I thought Kalani and JoJo did a good job - Nia just looked really awkward in all the scenes they showed of her IMO.

Yeah I was being facetious. Not its not rap lol...but I think I saw him linked on fbook as "MattyBRaps" so apparently he things he's rapping

Tupac weeps.

Spoiler alert.

In the preview they said they were auditioning to be his lead girl... Wondering who "got" that, Kalani or Jo Jo...
Nia was awkward, Jojo was obnoxious as usual, but Kalani did well. They definitely didn't need well trained dancers for that "choreography" and probably would've been better off with people who could actually act.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In the preview they said they were auditioning to be his lead girl... Wondering who "got" that, Kalani or Jo Jo...
Nia was awkward, Jojo was obnoxious as usual, but Kalani did well. They definitely didn't need well trained dancers for that "choreography" and probably would've been better off with people who could actually act.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My eyes naturally go to Kalani and Jojo. The camera just likes some people better than others. Unfortunately Nia fades into the background and if she was or wasn't in any shots you would not notice. In the auditions that they read for the other week though, Nia was by far the most natural sounding.

I think that joJo probably "looks" more the part...simply because she is younger-looking...Nia and Kalani just look too old to be his "main girl." Is he supposed to be the next Justin Bieber or something?? Lol

Apparently he's a thing? Some of his videos have like 20 mil+ hits...what is this world coming to? He reminds me of Aaron Carter.

I thought Nia looked too old to be in this video, kinda same for Kalani though I did like her in it. Sarah Reason's looks terrible---she's a gorgeous girl, but those glasses cut her face off. Brynn looked lost at least 3 different times and I almost mistook her for little Sarah (Biblical Christy mom) as a result. Jojo did well, but I'd expect her to do well in this type of atmosphere...where she needs to be serious is where I'd expect her to not shine so much.

Surprising that Kendall and Mack didn't get cast...I thought Mack would on age alone, and Kendall is very photogenic and the camera loves her so it'll be interesting to see the reasoning behind them not being cast.

Apparently he's a thing? Some of his videos have like 20 mil+ hits...what is this world coming to? He reminds me of Aaron Carter.

I thought Nia looked too old to be in this video, kinda same for Kalani though I did like her in it. Sarah Reason's looks terrible---she's a gorgeous girl, but those glasses cut her face off. Brynn looked lost at least 3 different times and I almost mistook her for little Sarah (Biblical Christy mom) as a result. Jojo did well, but I'd expect her to do well in this type of atmosphere...where she needs to be serious is where I'd expect her to not shine so much.

Surprising that Kendall and Mack didn't get cast...I thought Mack would on age alone, and Kendall is very photogenic and the camera loves her so it'll be interesting to see the reasoning behind them not being cast.

I remember years ago perez hilton being obsessed with him and sharing all of his videos. though at the time they were more of a "spoof" cover that were like silly toddler versions of big songs. now I don't know what he's doing.

I remember years ago perez hilton being obsessed with him and sharing all of his videos. though at the time they were more of a "spoof" cover that were like silly toddler versions of big songs. now I don't know what he's doing.

By looking at his page for a second it looks like a mix of remakes and his own stuff. I never followed Hilton but that would explain some of his crazy view counts and 3 mil subscription number.

Back