All-Star The Majors 2013

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Not to be rude but that's kind of a random team, isn't it? Rockstar is a great, great gym but Beatles do not have nearly the same reputation as Senior Elite, Panthers, Cheetahs, ect.

In all honesty, I think the Jamfest was desperate for people to accept their invitation. Because, after last year's prize falling through, it's obvious many more teams would decline invitations. From what I've heard, Jamfest talked to the gyms before sending out official invitations; so as to not embarrass themselves when people say "Thanks, but no thanks" to compete at The Majors. And it's no surprise that a gym with less prestige would say yes, because this competition is invitation-only. Hello, bragging rights.

Not that Rockstar is not a good gym, they most definitely are. They're just not at the same caliber as the teams who were invited last year, and don't really fit the mold of what I thought this competition was set out to be: the BEST of the best. I would love to see them win and prove me wrong though. I always love a surprise.

No offense taken but we were invited based on the fact there would be a Small Coed division there. They know we will not attend if there is not. So if you are the Majors and want a Small Coed division with teams to compete you have to look at results from the previous years in that division. Beatles have won a Bronze 2 out of last 3 years and a 4th place. Unless you want 2 teams per a division it totally makes sense to invite us.

No offense taken but we were invited based on the fact there would be a Small Coed division there. They know we will not attend if there is not. So if you are the Majors and want a Small Coed division with teams to compete you have to look at results from the previous years in that division. Beatles have won a Bronze 2 out of last 3 years and a 4th place. Unless you want 2 teams per a division it totally makes sense to invite us.
Alright I can totally respect that, my apologies! The entire Majors event is pretty confusing at this point since they are not advertising it at all AND they weren't that successful last year so I wasn't too aware of what was going on or divisions offered.

So this starts a whole new conversation.. who was invited for small coed also? Brandon usually goes to Indy in the first place...

If they don't invite the super-secret senior level 7 Bedets from Craptastic All-Stars, then Majors=FAIL.

And yes, my Susie is back at CAS. You can take the girl out of the bathroom, but you can't take the bathroom out of the girl.* :)

*parody, as if you needed the disclaimer

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Qaa

Eta: sorry about that ^^^ i didn't lock my phone screen and it was sitting in my lap! :) lol

Not to be rude but that's kind of a random team, isn't it? Rockstar is a great, great gym but Beatles do not have nearly the same reputation as Senior Elite, Panthers, Cheetahs, ect.

You're right they probably don't have the biggest name in the industry but they sure do have the skill like any big named gym placing great against the other at worlds and other big nationals has earned them the invite to compete at majors IF there's a small coed division...

I think the Majors would be a good idea if the prize had something to do with Worlds. If they invited the teams from at least 2 divisions that they truly believed could medal at worlds, they could give out a full paid, along with the nfinity apparel, and other prizes they offered last year. (Obviously not the Europe trip) But I'd completely understand if they didn't give out a bid and gave something else. Just an idea.

I think the Majors would be a good idea if the prize had something to do with Worlds. If they invited the teams from at least 2 divisions that they truly believed could medal at worlds, they could give out a full paid, along with the nfinity apparel, and other prizes they offered last year. (Obviously not the Europe trip) But I'd completely understand if they didn't give out a bid and gave something else. Just an idea.
I think the point of the majors is to stray away from worlds. Jamfest wants their own separate championship since worlds is dominantly Varsity.

I think the point of the majors is to stray away from worlds. Jamfest wants their own separate championship since worlds is dominantly Varsity.
That's very true. I didn't think about that. But why have you're own "Worlds" so to speak, if you can't even come through with the prize being awarded. Unless they can come through on the prize, there is really no point in this competition.

That's very true. I didn't think about that. But why have you're own "Worlds" so to speak, if you can't even come through with the prize being awarded. Unless they can come through on the prize, there is really no point in this competition.
Well, that was how the concept was originally presented a year ago.

Back