All-Star The "non-cheer" World Reactions To Us Poofheads...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

haha we have Kansas City, MO... and a lot of other weird names: Paris, California, Mexico, Nevada, Miami, Oregon, Atlanta, Amsterdam, Beverly Hills, Houston, Louisiana, Memphis, Richmond.... it's like we can't think of our own names.

These are all towns in Maine:
091124201304resized_Lynchville_Sign.jpg

Because we live in a small town miles and miles and miles from civilization (at least that's how some here act), my CP has actually started the trend of poof's at school. It's mostly only the cheerleaders now.....but some others are trying it. Cheer sponsor last year actually asked CP to "teach" the others how to do it because they all loved it (but would never admit that to CP)!!

I actually enjoy watching the looks CP gets while wearing a ginormous bow on her head (in big cities)!! When we go to comps, we don't stay with the team since I get an employee discount and you should see the looks when CP heads out for breakfast all decked out.....poof, bow, and uniform!!

These are all towns in Maine:
091124201304resized_Lynchville_Sign.jpg
We have a town in Wisconsin that's called Denmark too! When I was at tryouts for college team last year this girl was like "I'm from Denmark" and I was like "whoaaa that's so crazy you flew all the way here just to tryout!" And then she's like "Denmark, WI." I hadn't even heard of it before then...

Last Saturday...Taylor Swift concert...girls were stopping the Cheetah Girls and asking for pictures. I'm sure non-cheer people were like :eek: and wondering who these fabulous girls were that had their own fans!
I had to read this a few times to understand....then I realized you meant Cheer Athletics Cheetahs and not the singers from Disney channel hahaha

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

My son will be the first graduating class of the only brand new high school to open in the state for the coming year. They had a big athletic open house yesterday and we were down in the turf field. He breaks out a tumbling pass (it was just a handspring tuck) to "break it in" and the random milling around football players were like, "Whoa! Did you see that dude!?" Another if his friends (girl) came over to say hi and give him a hug and complemented him in his "flippy thing."

A SM from some sport or another walked by telling her son he needed to go do that too. I kid you not this was the conversation...

SM "you need to go do a flip like that."
Kid: "huh? I can't do that."
SM "that boy just did one, you should too. It didn't look hard, Go do it."

Kid: runs out and throws the scariest half-cartwheel/forward roll I've ever seen since my sons very first attempt five years ago.

Mom rolls her eyes and walks off.

We should preface espn etc with "don't try this at home" just because cheerleaders make it LOOK easy, does not mean it is, or that years of training aren't behind it.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

Back