All-Star "the One" Competition?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

cheer4evah

Cheer Parent
Apr 20, 2011
One of our teams received a bid (at large) to "The One". I haven't heard of this competition. I tried to look it up and can't find anything. Does anyone have any information on it? Who is the EP? When and where is it being held? What level teams is it for? What is the bid process and what is included in the bid? What are the prizes? Is this similar to US Finals or The Summit or completely different?

Thanks for any information.

I think it's put on by WSA and there are two events: one in Chicago and one in New Orleans. I think if you google "WSA cheer the one" it should pop up. It's supposed to be similar to the summit, I believe.

I think it's put on by WSA and there are two events: one in Chicago and one in New Orleans. I think if you google "WSA cheer the one" it should pop up. It's supposed to be similar to the summit, I believe.

Thanks - I was able to find some information from a link on WSA's website. I can't tell for sure if it is WSA that is the EP or someone else, but WSA is one of the EPs that was giving bids. I have to wonder how many teams will actually show up. It looks like maybe a cross between The Summit and US Finals in that it looks like fewer bids will be given but they will do a final video review of the teams from both competitions and announce an overall winner. It also looks like the overall winner in each division gets rings, not sure about the winners at each comp.

WSA is one EP sponsor but other EP's are involved also. You have to win first place at a bid event to get a bid.

Supposedly paid bids are available but no mention of those being given out at WSA Grand Nationals. Thought they were supposed to be. High point at that competition was weird too.

So the Nola line up for this looks pretty thin. I'm glad it's all first place teams but not very deep divisions. Maybe some more will add later.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Back