All-Star The People Under The Flyer

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

i agree! i mean i base and fly so i can see both sides. but a video of someone basing wouldn't look that impressive. when i am basing i don't look graceful and i'm not smiling but if i fly i always smile. bases do deserve to be recognized in some way though.

i agree! the bases do so much to the stunt, without them doing their job the stunt cant be done/hit. sometimes me coaches do that, if we hit the stunt they'll say good job flyers! but nothing bout the bases or backspots. its a shame they do so much but no recignition.

haha yes! I can tell you that our coaches said to our flyer many times, "if you had any other group under you, you would be flat on the ground, but they would rather die than drop you" because she kept giving us her heel in her tick tock and we would run backwards like a whole panel to get underneath her. Same when she stuck her hip out.

I just showed this to a couple of my kids that base our our highlight stunt... They will be thrilled to see this!

I totally agree but have you ever noticed that in the rest of the routine, it really isn't the flyers that get highlighted.
On FCA Diamonds, the point jumper isn't their most flexible flyer.. it's a base.
Top Gun Coed usually highlights their boys in everything except stunting.
Whitney Love from Kentucky Allstars is one of the most well known people in cheer and she doesn't fly!

Flyers really do get all the credit even when the bases are the ones that deserve it! I'm trying to think of the "well known" Senior Elite girls... I'd say they are: Maddie Gardner, Molly Gibbons, Erica Englebert, Juliet McCreary, and Ashley Hobbs? (Missing anyone MAJOR?). Everyone except Ashley flies in all their stunts, and then Ashley flies in the pyramid. Jessica Fritts was point jumper last year, and she was Maddie's base. She was beast! Their best tumblers aren't always fliers though.

I'm glad someone started a thread about this since. It has been a bone of contention with me since I began cheerleading. The group under the flyer is just as equally responsible for the success of a stunt as is the flyer. Not taking any credit away from the flyer because she's the one who plays it up and makes it look effortless. The triple tic-toc and the ball up 360 on Senior Elite wouldn't have happened last year if it wasn't for the group of girls underneath. Ricchara, Erin, and Jordan are an incredible group of girls who definitely worked hard to make those stunts near perfect. Knowing all of them personally, I can say they're human-machines who have stunting down to a science! Even though they've all graduated from CEA I'm sure they would be ecstatic to know that they are being given credit for their hard work.

I'm glad someone started a thread about this since. It has been a bone of contention with me since I began cheerleading. The group under the flyer is just as equally responsible for the success of a stunt as is the flyer. Not taking any credit away from the flyer because she's the one who plays it up and makes it look effortless. The triple tic-toc and the ball up 360 on Senior Elite wouldn't have happened last year if it wasn't for the group of girls underneath. Ricchara, Erin, and Jordan are an incredible group of girls who definitely worked hard to make those stunts near perfect. Knowing all of them personally, I can say they're human-machines who have stunting down to a science! Even though they've all graduated from CEA I'm sure they would be ecstatic to know that they are being given credit for their hard work.

That reminds me! Have you guys ever used science in cheer stunting?! I have, on so many occasions!

Back