All-Star The People Under The Flyer

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I was watching a video of a team just yesterday and most of it were flyers only being shown or shots of the team from a distance. I never got to even see my friend's child that based all those kids. I'd prefer a shot of the entire stunt group over just the flyer but I am a Mom of a base so I am very bias.

I always tell my younger bases/backs that they do all the work but their flyer will get all the glory. Obviously, a good flyer works hard...but the girls/guys under never get any of the glory...except from other bases/backs. In my eyes, a good group is one who doesn't get noticed. It shouldn't look like they're working hard to keep the flyer in the air. Those of us who've been there appreciate them :)

im really big on that, im a base and at practice when we are doing a stunt sometimes people will say go whoever and that person is the flyer and ill be like and bases! thats just like one of my pet peeves of cheerleading, when the bases and backs dont get credit lol thats just what i think :p

the videos on youtube showcase the flyer because what they are doing looks cooler than what the bases are doing. I really don't know how anyone is really showcased as a base on the floor except for when their coach or someone else tells them they're great. when a girl is jumping or tumbling, her stunt position has nothing to do with it. As people who are not in the air we should take those moments when our coaches chose to point out our stunting abilities and make the most of them... and honestly i don't think i want a video of my facials when i'm basing.

Never flown in my life, and I wouldn't have it any other way. I had a flyer my 10 grade year at ACX who really appreciated us as her group and it was awesome. We were the point stunt group because we worked so well together. She knocked me in the mouth at a competition in Jacksonville and sent me to the ER. She came to see me at the hospital and her and her mom got my a stuffed animal and gave it to me the next day. At the end of the year she and her mom gave me a Vera Bradley wallet and a gift card and said "Thanks for always having my back" because I was her back spot. =)

I also had a great group my junior year on my high school team. Our main base was one of those girls who can do anything with any flyer. She just tosses them up there and gets up under it and sticks it.

Maddie bases too....
i feel like all flyers get a kick out of basing
i know my flyer last year got so excited when we would let her base when we were stunting around. she felt so accomplished when she could side base a full up. haha

yes, flyers do get a lot of credit, but in a way i don't mind that. i like knowing that my flyer hit because i worked hard enough. in a way basing is less obvious but i think it's more rewarding.

I speak for myself, but I would hate to be individually videoed basing, not the most graceful thing. So I don't really mind. I like to think of it as a complete stunt group. Yes, you wouldn't hit if a flyer sticks out her butt, but you also won't hit if the base doesn't catch the foot. Same with it hitting, you need all the parts.

I had a base on my sr 3 that loved to do facials under the stunt. She would even turn her head in the pyramid to face the front if she was holding a half! Hahaha

Back