OT The Person Below Me...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
True :)
dlnsc8.jpg

2nh3fvn.jpg

TPBM watches true blood!
The fact that you put your adorable kitten in a cute little outfit for this deserves 50 shimmys :D I love his/her coloring!

The fact that you put your adorable kitten in a cute little outfit for this deserves 50 shimmys :D I love his/her coloring!

hahaha she gets so angry when i put that on her. and as soon as it's on and i let go of her, she just falls over into that position. it's the funniest thing ever! Then, once it's taken off of her, she'll take a few steps away, turn around and look at me, then turn her back on me with her tail up, and then sit down. and she'll just stay sitting there with her back to me for like an hour. she's a riot.

i love her coloring too. she's so pretty! you can't really see it in those pictures, but she's gotten a lot of orange in her now too. she's literally like my child. i adore my Cali girl :)

hahaha she gets so angry when i put that on her. and as soon as it's on and i let go of her, she just falls over into that position. it's the funniest thing ever! Then, once it's taken off of her, she'll take a few steps away, turn around and look at me, then turn her back on me with her tail up, and then sit down. and she'll just stay sitting there with her back to me for like an hour. she's a riot.

i love her coloring too. she's so pretty! you can't really see it in those pictures, but she's gotten a lot of orange in her now too. she's literally like my child. i adore my Cali girl :)
Awww is her name Callie? I had a calico named Callie!

True. I DESPISE school. I graduate in 239 days. is it bad that I'm already counting down??

TPBM has been cheering for 5 or more years.
true! Been doing allstar for 10!

TPBM is a first year allstar cheerleader

don't yall just love when I bring cats into the conversation? haha cats make everything more interesting ;)

Awww is her name Callie? I had a calico named Callie!

That is her name :)

the story behind it is rather long, but it's rather dear and special to me.

When I first moved to the town where my parents live now, I was starting middle school. One of the first friends I made was named Cali, and we had quite a few classes together, played basketball, field hockey, softball and ran track together. In one of the classes we had together, our teacher liked to have nick names for everyone (I mean, not really nicknames, but spin-offs of our names- I was Kimber (Kimberly), there was a Grantford (Grant), etc.). And Cali was always Calico to this teacher. So automatically, whenever I saw a calico cat, Cali my friend, was the first thing I thought of. My friend Cali was killed in a car accident almost a year and a half ago.

About a month after Cali's accident, my mom called me and started telling me about this cat living on my grandparents porch. I was preparing to move into an apartment on my own, and had been bugging my parents to let me get some type of pet so it wasn't JUST me there. They said absolutely not to a dog, but would consider a cat. So, obviously to me, it's a sign that I'm supposed to have this kitten living on the porch. I started asking my mom questions about the kitten, what it looked like and whatever--she told me she thought it was a baby calico (which the vet also later confirmed...she may not look like it now, but she is a calico). The first thing that popped in my mind was to name it Cali--but it was also still rather painful to think of my friend and to me it seemed too soon. So I was talking to the guy I was dating at the time, and sent him a picture of her. He showed it to his mom (they live six hours away from my home town, had never met or heard of my friend until the accident), and she said I should name it Cali because it was a calico--and she hadn't even heard about the accident or my friend. But he agreed that it should be Cali in honor of her. I kind of brushed it off because of my initial thought of it being too soon. Then, a few days later, my mom was telling me how my 5 year old cousin (who, again, had never met or heard of my friend before) had started calling this kitten Cali because it was a calico.

At this point, three people who really had no acknowledgement of Cali, or the nickname of "Calico," had told me to name this cat Cali. To me, it became a way to honor Cali and her memory's ability to live on through the most random ways and remind us that she really was still with us and watching over us. And my kitten definitely holds her spirit of crazyness--you never know what she's going to be getting into or doing that will put a smile on your face. Whenever I'm upset or down about something, Cali knows I just need someone to cuddle with, which was Cali's (the person) biggest strength. As cliche as it seems, she really is a living reminder of my friend, and everything she stood for. It's impossible to let her memory fade now. And that's why she's so special to me :)

Awww tuckxandxtwist that is the saddest but yet sweetest story!! I'm sorry about your friend :( that's so hard to go through. But it does sound like Cali was meant to be Cali!!! I bet she's just a bundle of joy!

true! Been doing allstar for 10!

TPBM is a first year allstar cheerleader

don't yall just love when I bring cats into the conversation? haha cats make everything more interesting ;)
Yes i am! <3 But been cheering rec for a LONG time!

TPBM loves the show "Cheer" (i have yet to see it!)

Yes i am! <3 But been cheering rec for a LONG time!

TPBM loves the show "Cheer" (i have yet to see it!)
true! well kinda! I've only seen half of it, but it was great so I assume the rest will be just as great!!

TPBM is watching princess diaries on abc family like me right now :)

True and False. I know I want to do something with politics and psychology but I don't know what.

TPBM is on a level 3 team.

Back