All-Star The Stunt Double

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

never purchased or leased real estate in southern california before i see. also many gyms are all inclusive. so youre rolling all payments into 1. our fees for competing are equal to tuition, so yell at eps. music costs 1,000 +. Uniforms are close to 500 dollars etc etc, the sport is expensive not due to gym owners taking a bite out of peoples butts. its everything else.
That makes more sense, thanks for the explanation. :)

so just to clear up you are interested in growing the sport of cheer, but only the "top programs" are worth your imaginary time and money? that doesnt seem like youre interested in growing anything, merely helping the big get bigger. please evaluate your statements before coming across hypocritical.
Not necessarily the "top programs". There are excellent small gyms throughout the country who, due to their small size, receive little to no recognition. I simply used Cali as an example because everyone knows who they are and they are known for having quality training.

I don't think using it will make your reaction time suddenly extremely slow.... We do it with a human being and hands slip, we don't end up with a broken face every time, why would you not be able to dodge it like you would a person?

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

It was a joke

183857_600.gif

It can cost that much to run a facility and have coaches who make this their full time job. It doesn't cost that much in rec cheer and you see the quality difference.

I get your point... but can we please stop with the generic digs on the quality of rec cheer? I'd argue that the quality instruction my rec cheerleaders receive is higher than that at some all star gyms, because I choose to invest in training. In general, the idea that "you get what you pay for" rings true... but sometimes passion wins out over paychecks. Sometimes, people really *are* paying too much and not receiving quality instruction from knowledgeable personnel.

I get your point... but can we please stop with the generic digs on the quality of rec cheer? I'd argue that the quality instruction my rec cheerleaders receive is higher than that at some all star gyms, because I choose to invest in training. In general, the idea that "you get what you pay for" rings true... but sometimes passion wins out over paychecks. Sometimes, people really *are* paying too much and not receiving quality instruction from knowledgeable personnel.
Very true.

never purchased or leased real estate in southern california before i see. also many gyms are all inclusive. so youre rolling all payments into 1. our fees for competing are equal to tuition, so yell at eps. music costs 1,000 +. Uniforms are close to 500 dollars etc etc, the sport is expensive not due to gym owners taking a bite out of peoples butts. its everything else.
Are $500 uniforms necessary?

this looks as if it can only be used by one person, but the majority of stunts are done with three people. how is this suppose to replicate an actual stunt for a base? if the weights are suppose to build upper-body lifting strength, then it would be much cheaper to buy a dumbbell set and do military presses.

That's the thing, not every gym is the absolute best. If I had a child and the money, I would absolutely pay a gym like Cali to train my kid for $400 a month. However House of Jank (or an average gym) will not receive my money (or my time).

Cali tuition is NOT $400 /month. Including travel and everything we may spend that, but not on tuition. And yes, our coaches are the BEST!

Now and then someone comes out with a product that actually works. I tried the cheer balance when I visited Stingrays and it is awesome. Really really great product that every gym should have. If the stunt double is the start of the industry creating something similar for bases, then I'm all for it. Interested how they plan to simulate the balance of a flyer's centre of gravity.

Back