All-Star The Stunt Double

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Now and then someone comes out with a product that actually works. I tried the cheer balance when I visited Stingrays and it is awesome. Really really great product that every gym should have. If the stunt double is the start of the industry creating something similar for bases, then I'm all for it. Interested how they plan to simulate the balance of a flyer's centre of gravity.

They'll make it wobble and include an MP3 of some coach yelling 'SQUEEZE!!!'

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

That's the thing, not every gym is the absolute best. If I had a child and the money, I would absolutely pay a gym like Cali to train my kid for $400 a month. However House of Jank (or an average gym) will not receive my money (or my time).
I just paid $4500 for a 6 week summer intensive at a decent Ballet school for 6 weeks for my child. This did not include room and board,meals,attire (she took attire she already had,plus she need new attire and specific attire for this program..most programs require attire to be brought from them),transpiration or running around money. Compared to other sports kids are involved in, $400 is cheap!

Last edited:
I just paid $4500 for a 6 week summer intensive at a decent Ballet school for 6 weeks for my child. This did not include room and board,meals,attire (she took attire she already had,plus she need new attire and specific attire for this program..most programs require attire to be brought from them),transpiration or running around money. Compared to other sports kids are involved in, $400 is cheap!

I'm sorry, but what?!! $4500? That's really high. Like, outrageously high.

(and a 6 week summer intensive is in no way comparable to regular tuition for ballet. At least make a fair comparison. As someone who has paid for both cheer and dance, I'm going with cheer is DEFINITELY more expensive, when compared side by side - meaning based on number hours, level of training, etc. You can't compare a pre pro ballet program with a youth 2 cheer team.)

ETA this sounds way more abrasive than I meant it. I'm just really quite stunned by that price, and I feel like I'm in a pretty decent dance market.

Last edited:
I'm sorry, but what?!! $4500? That's really high. Like, outrageously high.

(and a 6 week summer intensive is in no way comparable to regular tuition for ballet. At least make a fair comparison. As someone who has paid for both cheer and dance, I'm going with cheer is DEFINITELY more expensive, when compared side by side - meaning based on number hours, level of training, etc. You can't compare a pre pro ballet program with a youth 2 cheer team.)

ETA this sounds way more abrasive than I meant it. I'm just really quite stunned by that price, and I feel like I'm in a pretty decent dance market.

I think dance cost varies greatly. I was talking to a mom yesterday who has one in dance and one in cheer. Last year she dropped more than 10K for dance for a 12 year old. Cheer was about half that.
However, another mom also has one in dance and she only spent about 6K so it really depends on the intensity of the program, I think.

I think dance cost varies greatly. I was talking to a mom yesterday who has one in dance and one in cheer. Last year she dropped more than 10K for dance for a 12 year old. Cheer was about half that.
However, another mom also has one in dance and she only spent about 6K so it really depends on the intensity of the program, I think.

I was comparing her quote to the Joffrey's summer intensive, which is about half that. Maybe I'm biased, but I feel like going to a Joffrey summer intensive is about as "decent ballet school" as you can get - and definitely intense. And costs here are pretty high for leasing space, so that's not it.

I think people are being sold up the river sometimes (not talking to armycheermon particularly, because I don't know where her daughter is doing her intensive, or anything about it - for all I know, she's at ABT ... but some of the cheer prices people quote too. I live in one of the more expensive places to live in the US and we don't pay anywhere near some of these prices!)

I don't think it's has anything to do with intensity, quality of coaching, leasing space, etc - I think it's all basic economics and marketing. Simple "what the market will bear" economy. If people pay it, they'll charge it.

I was comparing her quote to the Joffrey's summer intensive, which is about half that. Maybe I'm biased, but I feel like going to a Joffrey summer intensive is about as "decent ballet school" as you can get - and definitely intense. And costs here are pretty high for leasing space, so that's not it.

I think people are being sold up the river sometimes (not talking to armycheermon particularly, because I don't know where her daughter is doing her intensive, or anything about it - for all I know, she's at ABT ... but some of the cheer prices people quote too. I live in one of the more expensive places to live in the US and we don't pay anywhere near some of these prices!)

I don't think it's has anything to do with intensity, quality of coaching, leasing space, etc - I think it's all basic economics and marketing. Simple "what the market will bear" economy. If people pay it, they'll charge it.

I have paid for both cheer and dance as well,sometimes at the same time,and dance is much more expensive. I really don't think it matters which sport is more expensive. There aren't any prizes for spending the most money. I was merely saying,that kids travel sports are expensive,no matter how you swing it. And while you may not compare it to Y2 team, any way you twist it,it's a kid sport we're paying for. I didn't name the ballet school because I wanted to keep my cp's privacy;I never once said she went to the Joffrey,you assumed that. Not to sound harsh,but I don't really care where you live or how much you spend, I know what I spent and I know what was required for the SI my child attended. When my child was younger,dance was cheap;when she got older and more competitive,dance got more expensive. I know you work at a dance studio and your child has gotten into dance recently,but I've been doing this for years. Training is training. And if it's a expensive SI or regular tuition (which I still pay $400 a month for), training is training. I don't know if you've ever paid for an SI yet,but that price is pretty much the median. Yes, there are cheaper ones,just like there are ones more expensive ones. Check out a dance mom site;ask how much SI's are and then you'll see that price is about as much as all of us spent on SI's. Dance is expensive, cheer is expensive. End of story...

I have paid for both cheer and dance as well,sometimes at the same time,and dance is much more expensive. I really don't think it matters which sport is more expensive. There aren't any prizes for spending the most money. I was merely saying,that kids travel sports are expensive,no matter how you swing it. And while you may not compare it to Y2 team, any way you twist it,it's a kid sport we're paying for. I didn't name the ballet school because I wanted to keep my cp's privacy;I never once said she went to the Joffrey,you assumed that. Not to sound harsh,but I don't really care where you live or how much you spend, I know what I spent and I know what was required for the SI my child attended. When my child was younger,dance was cheap;when she got older and more competitive,dance got more expensive. I know you work at a dance studio and your child has gotten into dance recently,but I've been doing this for years. Training is training. And if it's a expensive SI or regular tuition (which I still pay $400 a month for), training is training. I don't know if you've ever paid for an SI yet,but that price is pretty much the median. Yes, there are cheaper ones,just like there are ones more expensive ones. Check out a dance mom site;ask how much SI's are and then you'll see that price is about as much as all of us spent on SI's. Dance is expensive, cheer is expensive. End of story...

Wow. OK...

I very specifically said I didn't mean it abrasive, just that it sounded like a lot.

1. I obviously do not think your child goes to the Joffrey (and didn't say she does, nor did I ask where she goes - purposely, because I assumed if you wanted to say, you woudl). I was comparing it to something that I knew of intimately, and was trying to be nice and assume that since I know your child is a fairly serious dancer that she would be at an intensive that was of that caliber. NOT comparing it to where I work or where my daughter goes, because I didn't think she'd be at a studio like that, based on your posts. I feel like the Joffrey offers one of the top dance educations, so I figure if they're not charging that much... It's kinda like when people post that their gym, Bob's Allstars of Podunkville, charges $200 per month for tuition, I think that's crazy, when places like cheer athletics and CEA are charging way less for top of the line coaching.

2. While yes, my daughter did just start dance, I danced for almost 20 years in my youth. This isn't the first group of dancers I've ever met. Even if it was, it doesn't take "years" to find out how much something costs. You'll notice I did not mention my job or my daughter in either of my posts - because both of those had ZERO to do with what I was saying.

3. You were actually the one that started the contest about who pays more - you're the one that posted that you paid $4500 for her SI, and that's obviously so much more. Seems like you're the one trying to win a prize - I never said anything about how much I spend.

4. When I said you can't compare a pre pro dancer with a youth 2 team, I was saying exactly what you said - dance starts off cheaper, and gets more intense, competitive, and expensive; cheer starts off expensive and stays that way. A summer intensive and monthly tuition are VERY different, as you yourself stated - your monthly tuition is apparently $400. That would have been a more equitable comparison.

5. I didn't ask you to care where I live. I was addressing the poster who said tuition is so high in some places because leasing space is expensive in those areas. I was merely saying I also live somewhere costly and I don't find tuition here to be so high.

6. I don't need to check a dance mom site. I can see clear as day how much they cost. $4500 is a lot.

7. You are way too offended over someone saying that's a lot of money for a summer intensive, when some of the top dance schools in the country are charging half as much.

Funny that your original point was that dance is expensive, more so than cheer (I believe you said compared to the $4500, $400 is cheap! or something like that) ... And now that I've said, "wow, that IS expensive!" you want to be all offended. Make up your mind...

Wow. OK...

I very specifically said I didn't mean it abrasive, just that it sounded like a lot.

1. I obviously do not think your child goes to the Joffrey (and didn't say she does, nor did I ask where she goes - purposely, because I assumed if you wanted to say, you woudl). I was comparing it to something that I knew of intimately, and was trying to be nice and assume that since I know your child is a fairly serious dancer that she would be at an intensive that was of that caliber. NOT comparing it to where I work or where my daughter goes, because I didn't think she'd be at a studio like that, based on your posts. I feel like the Joffrey offers one of the top dance educations, so I figure if they're not charging that much... It's kinda like when people post that their gym, Bob's Allstars of Podunkville, charges $200 per month for tuition, I think that's crazy, when places like cheer athletics and CEA are charging way less for top of the line coaching.

2. While yes, my daughter did just start dance, I danced for almost 20 years in my youth. This isn't the first group of dancers I've ever met. Even if it was, it doesn't take "years" to find out how much something costs. You'll notice I did not mention my job or my daughter in either of my posts - because both of those had ZERO to do with what I was saying.

3. You were actually the one that started the contest about who pays more - you're the one that posted that you paid $4500 for her SI, and that's obviously so much more. Seems like you're the one trying to win a prize - I never said anything about how much I spend.

4. When I said you can't compare a pre pro dancer with a youth 2 team, I was saying exactly what you said - dance starts off cheaper, and gets more intense, competitive, and expensive; cheer starts off expensive and stays that way. A summer intensive and monthly tuition are VERY different, as you yourself stated - your monthly tuition is apparently $400. That would have been a more equitable comparison.

5. I didn't ask you to care where I live. I was addressing the poster who said tuition is so high in some places because leasing space is expensive in those areas. I was merely saying I also live somewhere costly and I don't find tuition here to be so high.

6. I don't need to check a dance mom site. I can see clear as day how much they cost. $4500 is a lot.

7. You are way too offended over someone saying that's a lot of money for a summer intensive, when some of the top dance schools in the country are charging half as much.

Funny that your original point was that dance is expensive, more so than cheer (I believe you said compared to the $4500, $400 is cheap! or something like that) ... And now that I've said, "wow, that IS expensive!" you want to be all offended. Make up your mind...

1.You brought up the Joffrey;all I did was clarify that it was not Joffrey she was at.

2.I don't believe I said it takes years to find out the cost of dance;prices and the way dance is taught from 20 years ago to now,is so different. I dances 20 yrs ago as well and my mom never paid what parents today have to pay for sports.

3.Maybe you read it that way, but who I was speaking to did not. I was not starting a who pays more competition. I was just stating that kids sports,esp those with a preforming accent, are very expense. Like I stated before,there is no prize for paying the most for a sport.

4.In my experience. Both cheer and dance start off cheaper and then get more expensive. When my child was a mini in cheer and dance,I paid a fraction of the cost I pay now in both. Again, I was stating that kids and their sports are just flat-out expensive.

5. You brought up that you live in one of the most expensive places to live at. Again in my experience, I have found that California tuition is going to be more expensive that Kentucky tuition (in cheer or dance), just because renting or leasing the space is more expensive. If that's not your experience, then great. But generally the higher cost of living, the higher everything is.

6.You brought up the price;I'm saying that if you think it's outrageously high,then do some research,because it's around the median.

7.Honstly I'm not offended. You are the one who quoted my post and then started to tear it apart,because it was different from what you have seen. I paid as much as I did because that was the best school for my child at the time. And while yes,I probably could have sent her to the Joffrey or any other top school for a quarter of the price,we went to the one that worked out best for us. When she audition and was placed in this program,the cost was much lower,but after adding in all of the other extras the school cost,the price got jacked up.

In my opinion I feel you're more offend by the price then I was;you're the one that commented on it. I don't have to make up my mind,I know it expensive. I know cheer is expensive. I find it funny that you seemed hurt or felt the need to comment on the price of something or how it was just "too expensive" because in your experience,you haven't paid that much or have had friends pay that much for dance or cheer.
But,I'm done going back and forth on this;.I paid what I paid. You can think it's outrageously expensive,but I'm not knocking on your front door to pay my bills....

Thank You. Missed it in the other threads.

Reaching dadlebrity status 1 follower at a time
SI stands for summer intensive. It's like CA super camp,but they last for weeks,instead of days. It gives the dancer time to learn and train with different teachers in a new environment. My kid loves them;she says they're like camps,but for people who have the same passion!

Back