All-Star The War Has Begun

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Why so many people saying "Cheer Athletics and Stingrays build routines around the scoresheet!!!!" as if World Cup, Cheer Extreme, and Maryland Twisters don't....? The most incredible thing about the large senior division is the fact that in every section of the scoresheet, for the most part, these top 3 teams max out, and it's generally always come down to who can hit on that day, and who has that extra little flare behind their routine. With the exception of 2010, this division is rarely won at any competition with errors, because the scores are so ridiculously close. Stop acting like Shooting Stars, F5, and Senior Elite are not capable of hitting the scoresheet the way Peach and Panthers do.

I think people say that because their coaches have said that for years. Just think about it when you watch a stingray or Ca routine they never "over due" any section of their routine. To me senior elite stunts more then any other team, But that's just my opinion. But there's no reason for people to get all upset & defensive about it lol people have said the same thing for yearssss !

I'm over this thread. Someone call me when F5 gets their music or on a weekend when more than 1 of these teams competes against each other.

Side note: If you find that you strongly disagree with one poster, please PM them and stop flooding threads. One back and forth is enough b4 it needs to move from public to private.

Thanks.

Why so many people saying "Cheer Athletics and Stingrays build routines around the scoresheet!!!!" as if World Cup, Cheer Extreme, and Maryland Twisters don't....? The most incredible thing about the large senior division is the fact that in every section of the scoresheet, for the most part, these top 3 teams max out, and it's generally always come down to who can hit on that day, and who has that extra little flare behind their routine. With the exception of 2010, this division is rarely won at any competition with errors, because the scores are so ridiculously close. Stop acting like Shooting Stars, F5, and Senior Elite are not capable of hitting the scoresheet the way Peach and Panthers do.
I don't think that's it at all (that the other teams don't know how to build around a score sheet). I think part of the reason people say that is a throwback to sm senior:
People often accuse Rays of being 'boring.' When I say they 'build around the scoresheet', I mean they REALLY know risk vs reward, always doing enough to score well, without jamming tons of unnecessary stuff that ups their chance of falling, in. Large Senior, by sheer team capability and presence, requires a bit more risk. That doesn't mean, however, that Rays will ever sacrifice the execution aspect (which some large senior teams do in some parts). I often feel that when I see a large senior routine be described as 'clean' and 'well executed', I almost think it needs an *. As in That routine was CLEAN!*

*For large senior.

As for CA, what comes to mind 2 Worlds ago when it appeared that they looked at the new worlds scoresheet and thought 'You want sync tumbling? Here, have 2 pass groups and 10 girls going each time. SYNC OVERLOAD.' And had a sync tumbling score nobody anticipated.

I don't think that's it at all (that the other teams don't know how to build around a score sheet). I think part of the reason people say that is a throwback to sm senior:
People often accuse Rays of being 'boring.' When I say they 'build around the scoresheet', I mean they REALLY know risk vs reward, always doing enough to score well, without jamming tons of unnecessary stuff that ups their chance of falling, in. Large Senior, by sheer team capability and presence, requires a bit more risk. That doesn't mean, however, that Rays will ever sacrifice the execution aspect (which some large senior teams do in some parts). I often feel that when I see a large senior routine be described as 'clean' and 'well executed', I almost think it needs an *. As in That routine was CLEAN!*

*For large senior.

As for CA, what comes to mind 2 Worlds ago when it appeared that they looked at the new worlds scoresheet and thought 'You want sync tumbling? Here, have 2 pass groups and 10 girls going each time. SYNC OVERLOAD.' And had a sync tumbling score nobody anticipated.

I get what you mean here. I guess my issue is the people who act like Stars, SE, and F5 don't have everything they need in the routine. My point is that it's not that they don't have what they need, but they do more (like you said) because that's what is necessary in large senior. There are some people, like you, who acknowledge that they do what they need to and then some, but there are also some people acting like Rays and Panthers will for sure win because "they build around the scoresheet" as if the others don't. The only advantage Peach has right now building their routine the way they did is that they're more likely to hit, which is where I agree with you (if that all made sense)

I get what you mean here. I guess my issue is the people who act like Stars, SE, and F5 don't have everything they need in the routine. My point is that it's not that they don't have what they need, but they do more (like you said) because that's what is necessary in large senior. There are some people, like you, who acknowledge that they do what they need to and then some, but there are also some people acting like Rays and Panthers will for sure win because "they build around the scoresheet" as if the others don't. The only advantage Peach has right now building their routine the way they did is that they're more likely to hit, which is where I agree with you (if that all made sense)

It's actually NOT necessary in any division now. The scoresheets are REALLY trying to get rid of "overkill" in routines. Once you hit what is required, nothing else matters as far as getting you into the highest range. It MAY affect the overall impression score, etc., but if you have one team that does a pyramid with three elite transitions and 3 structures...you max out. If you do 10 elite transitions and 10 structures, you still max out. BOTH teams will get the highest range. Execution is where the differential will be. And that is the case in all skill areas of the scoresheet this year. Tumbling is actually the hardest to meet IMO this year...it's crazy in level 5!! Anyway, just saying you don't need more than required in ANY divisions. They are stressing that to judges at every event. Requirements are met, they are met. But technique..that's a different story....

It's actually NOT necessary in any division now. The scoresheets are REALLY trying to get rid of "overkill" in routines. Once you hit what is required, nothing else matters as far as getting you into the highest range. It MAY affect the overall impression score, etc., but if you have one team that does a pyramid with three elite transitions and 3 structures...you max out. If you do 10 elite transitions and 10 structures, you still max out. BOTH teams will get the highest range. Execution is where the differential will be. And that is the case in all skill areas of the scoresheet this year. Tumbling is actually the hardest to meet IMO this year...it's crazy in level 5!! Anyway, just saying you don't need more than required in ANY divisions. They are stressing that to judges at every event. Requirements are met, they are met. But technique..that's a different story....

I know what you mean, I don't really know how to explain what I mean by it's "necessary" in large senior... I think it' just kinda like... How the impression and impressiveness of your routine measures up to the others in the division is based on how much extra you do, because everyone knows you're going to max out... If that makes sense?

The difference between you and i, is every time orange loses i admit that they earned what they got and not complain about it. Unlike you who post's post after post about how cali should've won. You always have something to say about stingrays. I don't post negatively about other gyms. thats the difference. :) I WIN MUAHAHAHAHA.

ok I'm done. back to large senior wars. if you would like to take this to a private message id be more than happy too.

:cow:

I actually really like this because it means the quantity doesn't have to go up but the quality (and difficulty) of each individual section has to go up.

I know what you mean, I don't really know how to explain what I mean by it's "necessary" in large senior... I think it' just kinda like... How the impression and impressiveness of your routine measures up to the others in the division is based on how much extra you do, because everyone knows you're going to max out... If that makes sense?

I understand what you're saying...what I'm saying is that THIS year, that is NOT the case. Impression is one thing on the scoresheet now...how much you do does NOT affect your stunting or tumbling or pyramid or basket or jumps scores ONCE you meet the requirements of being in the high(est) range. You don't need overkill anymore.

If I had to base off of who's hitting a routine right now...well obviously CEA is hitting their routine a little better right this second. Based off of routine, performance, and skill for skill

1. F5
2. WC
3. Panthers
4. Cea
5. Peach

F5's routine gives it to me start to finish
WC is right there with..I'm just not a huge fan of that dance so to me that's where F5 edges them out
Panthers I just know are going to end up being probably the cleanest of these five teams.
CEA the stunt is the best part of the routine everything thing else..to me is just ok and someone else in the division is better than them at.
Peach I think will be an up and coming and team in this division...and much like Panthers are undoubtedly going to be one of the cleanest teams in this division.
I completely agree..

I'm going to say this-- every team in this division has their "thing" that sets them apart from everyone else.. I don't understand why people are trying to predict worlds.... They all hit the score sheet.... Honestly they all know how to perform.. I mean that's why they have the "cheer fame" that they have now. Yes I love me some f5, but I also know a scoresheet and know that it will come down to execution and numbers.. They all have to hit. Lets just take it one competition at a time.

Back