All-Star The Wire Article On Cheerlebrities

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Hands up if you had heard of the author of this article and/or the wesbsite "the wire" before this article.
Now I'd say roughly 80% of the cheer community know who she is, read her article on this website.
Instant fame. Even if its bad.

Yeah her article may be absolute b**lsh** but she's done it right. Targeted the famous ones, got people talking. We are all going to keep reading these articles = fame for her and the website.

Last edited:
I was absolutely not trying to bring Gabi down, please excuse me if it seemed like i did! I saw Gabi at Worlds 2012 and she seemed very down to earth jumping around like a normal kid, to be honest i've seen a few other well known Cheerleaders act very different that day ;)
What i meant was that it seems a little odd to critique the Cheerlebrity status on a Facebook page that kind of serves the purpose of ''Fans'' liking it and following what she does. I am aware that most of the Girls, Gabi included may not have chosen to be so called ''Cheerlebrities'' in the first place, but by taking chances and modeling for companies, appearing on TV Shows etc , they put themselves out there. And even if they maybe don't want to be a ''Cheerlebrity'' , right now they are. So to some people it just seems weird to read about the Girls saying they despise that term. (I do not know if i am making sense right now, at least in my head i do ;) )
I honestly feel that her page for "liking" isn't her necessarily indirectly saying, "I'm a cheerlebrity like my page" my guess is this is more of a situation where she probably was getting an extremely large abundance of friend requests each day, in which case a page to "like" is much better of a choice than becoming friends with thousands of people on your personal page. Just my guess! Seems like a good kid, the way the article was written clearly seemed like the writing was trying to stir up trouble. Terrible.

Hands up if you had heard of the author of this article and/or the wesbsite "the wire" before this article.
Now I'd say roughly 80% of the cheer community know who she is, read her article on this website.
Instant fame. Even if its bad.

Yeah her article may be absolute b**lsh** but she's done it right. Targeted the famous ones, got people talking. We are all going to keep reading these articles = fame for her and the website.
Still couldn't tell you the author's name and probably would be hard pressed to recall the name of the website. I will remember the content of the articles though.

@Cheer Dad makes a good point here. The author intended to create some huge outcry about dirty old pedos. Gross, yes. But have we become so immuned to their remarks that we just gloss over the issue?

I don't think it's always glossed over. Many people (including me) have brought up this point only to be cowed, catted, accused of being jealous, etc. Whether it's a pedo, psycho, over zealous fan or fan fiction story - I wish those in charge would stop this nonsense before something more serious and irreversible than one authors point of view in an obscure publication occurs.
Let the barrage of defenders begin telling me how wrong I am. I can take it.

I feel like articles trying to give a glimpse of cheerleading to the outside world will just always miss the mark. It gets pitched a certain way and starts out as maybe a good idea but then the writer sees something else more dramatic or out there and then the topic gets skewed. Take the panthers article for example. I'm sure it was supposed to be about how hard the team works and how the team gets together but it ended up being about how they set a fire and bad a** b******.

I don't think it's always glossed over. Many people (including me) have brought up this point only to be cowed, catted, accused of being jealous, etc. Whether it's a pedo, psycho, over zealous fan or fan fiction story - I wish those in charge would stop this nonsense before something more serious and irreversible than one authors point of view in an obscure publication occurs.
Let the barrage of defenders begin telling me how wrong I am. I can take it.

Ok, but that's the point. You get cowed, catted, etc. Why are so many just letting it go?

You never watched it? :jawdrop:

If you have a little free time (i know, it´s hard with cheer) - watch it.
I don´t know you personal, but i´m sure you won´t regret.
I hope too someday. I currently spend a fair amount of time traveling without wifi so I only watch select videos to save on data. Hopefully I'll have time wen home next and get cp to cue it up for me.

I dont think it matters if we ignore it. Like a reality show on any topic this is highly entertaining to those who are just watching. Those in it can dismiss it but if it can have an audience and make money someone will publish it.

I think this is just the beginning.

Back