All-Star Themed Practice Controversy

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

u7upadug.jpg

Chola themed practice? Lol I'm not sure what the theme was. The caption was them straight mean mugging their competition!

We have dress up days a lot before big competitions. Each team picks their own and generally the coaches don't even know what it is till like right before practice when they ask one of the girls or ask on Facebook.

We have superhero, neon day, 80s day, rep your favorite gym day, Disney characters and they are all in good fun.

Here is Jaylen in my favorite one:
enepuna8.jpg

u7upadug.jpg

Chola themed practice? Lol

We have dress up days a lot before big competitions. Each team picks their own and generally the coaches don't even know what it is till like right before practice when they ask one of the girls or ask on Facebook.

We have superhero, neon day, 80s day, rep your favorite gym day, Disney characters and they are all in good fun.

Here is Jaylen in my favorite one:
enepuna8.jpg
Once again, your daughter is perfect. :D

And the girl in the middle.... did she shave off her eyebrows?

Once again, your daughter is perfect. :D

And the girl in the middle.... did she shave off her eyebrows?
Lol thanks, I wanted her to win that dress up day so I spent 100$ that's actually why I despise dress up days on the inside. I made and put all the bling and stuff but the only place I could find the leotard and shorts were at a dance store and of course they were the most expensive brands. I'm like all I needed was a cheap red leotard. Ugh

And no the girl is really light complected and has light colored hair I can promise you they were still there!

Lol thanks, I wanted her to win that dress up day so I spent 100$ that's actually why I despise dress up days on the inside. I made and put all the bling and stuff but the only place I could find the leotard and shorts were at a dance store and of course they were the most expensive brands. I'm like all I needed was a cheap red leotard. Ugh

And no the girl is really light complected and has light colored hair I can promise you they were still there!
I remember an episode of Dance Moms in which some of the moms found a dance supply warehouse in New York and bought stuff there.

Wish they had that for cheer...

What do they win?
I hated dress up practices because we always found out like a week before and parents ran scrambling to buy outfits for every night. Lots of times the kids couldn't even practice in the get up. I remember years ago a new girl came dressed as a present (honestly in a box, wrapped up with a bow). When they told her to take it off so she could practice she said she only had on underwear underneath. Seriously? It probably took an hour to get in there and she had to stand on the side of the mat and watch practice the week of NCA. :/

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

did anyone see that video of Dora pregnant? This reminded me of that video. It wasn't an actual episode for the show. I don't remember what show it was on.

What do they win?
I hated dress up practices because we always found out like a week before and parents ran scrambling to buy outfits for every night. Lots of times the kids couldn't even practice in the get up. I remember years ago a new girl came dressed as a present (honestly in a box, wrapped up with a bow). When they told her to take it off so she could practice she said she only had on underwear underneath. Seriously? It probably took an hour to get in there and she had to stand on the side of the mat and watch practice the week of NCA. :/

I just LOL'd at that girl, a present.

Umm this sounds ridiculous but like candy and crap nothing fancy. (I didn't know what they won exactly till she won so I purchased all that in hopes she won some awesome prize lol)
The very next practice I went a dropped all this money for nerd dress up day. Not going to lie I was judging the kids as they came in and deciding if my kid would be a winner or not.
End of practice she didn't win, she said they said if you won already sit down. My kid had won the superhero one so yeah she didn't win.

However, I still despise them because I feel like she needs to look the part and I can never make her the part with the clothes in the closest so I must shop. That's why I just love that we have practice wear and dress up days are few and far between.

What do they win?

That's hilarious! It's never a good idea to tell parents about a themed practice the week of or the weekend before. Lots of them have multiple kids and busy schedules. Maybe coaches could let the kids have free-dress days, but require that the kids wear Soffes and a T-Shirt? That way, they have a diverse collection of cheer clothes that they can pair with fun accessories for practice. No last-minute shopping.

That's hilarious! It's never a good idea to tell parents about a themed practice the week of or the weekend before. Lots of them have multiple kids and busy schedules. Maybe coaches could let the kids have free-dress days, but require that the kids wear Soffes and a T-Shirt? That way, they have a diverse collection of cheer clothes that they can pair with fun accessories for practice. No last-minute shopping.
I was on a senior team and we had a group chat and like 1 hour before practice we would decide what to wear... they all forgot i lived 1 1/2 hour away... so i always packed a lot of clothes so i could fit in with the theme :D

I am happy that my gym is so positive and Ms. Pascale will beat some butt, if anyone came in with any negative outfits.... For me when they have a Theme Practice - The coaches strive real hard to announce it beforehand and makes it real clear that everybody must have the clothes before they agree on it... I have never gone out and purchase a theme practice outfit for my child, if it is not in our closet, the coaches will tell the children to just wear the colors... Until this day, I still love to see the children dressed as Soldiers - Camouflage with the black stripes under their eyes... (One of the themes before NCA)

Back