All-Star Theory On Why Teams Are Doing Bad At Worlds . . .

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

i n

Yes I watched that, so many kids slipped. I hope they do something for day 2

I watched about a dozen or routines on vod and can't say that I saw a single problem with a routine I can attribute to the logo. Are there specific examples?

I believe the bigger issue is a combination of nerves (these are still kids, after all) plus perhaps some elements being attempted that are too difficult for the athletes involved.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

I was only reporting what I had heard from friends who are actually attending worlds about the logo/slipping situation. I do not know for sure because I am not there, only speculating, it's a theory although in a couple of the earlier teams today had a tumbler land on the logo and then proceed to fall. Again it's just a speculation I dont know for sure. I agree with everyone that there is extreme pressure on the athletes to hit these level 5 skills and there are always going to be the teams that get ahead of themselves and move up to level 5 instead of remaining a strong level 4, and that is not meant to offend anyone. Nerves+Competition+Very competitive Worlds lineup= Worlds day one injuries/stunt falls/bobbles/wardrobe malfunctions/etc for some teams.

I watched about a dozen or routines on vod and can't say that I saw a single problem with a routine I can attribute to the logo. Are there specific examples?

I believe the bigger issue is a combination of nerves (these are still kids, after all) plus perhaps some elements being attempted that are too difficult for the athletes involved.

The only one that I saw that *might* have been attributable to the logo was CEA Greenville - and even that one I watched a few times and couldn't say conclusively one way or the other that it was a slip or overrotation and a wonky landing. I'm not an expert, though, so I could be proved wrong.

We are also watching prelims for some divisions. Not looking to offend anyone, but some of these teams are barely throwing level 5 skills - I saw teams with nearly all layouts and level 4 stunts. I have also seen a lot of teams that appear to be throwing skills that are beyond their difficulty level and are having trouble executing. It makes me think that there should be a better way to distribute at-large bids, such as all teams that are awarded an at-large bid need to be judged again after the comp via video (something similar to how juniors received bids last year) and if they have the skills and can execute them safely, the bid stands, but if not, then they lose their bid. Honestly, I'd rather see the junior teams able to go to Worlds than have teams here that don't belong in a level 5 division - I think it takes away from the prestige of Worlds.

i can't tell you how may teams have been doing tuck jumps right in front of our faces! we are at worlds people, if you can' do a series of jumps to a tuck then you shouldn't be there. plain and simple.

The only one that I saw that *might* have been attributable to the logo was CEA Greenville - and even that one I watched a few times and couldn't say conclusively one way or the other that it was a slip or overrotation and a wonky landing. I'm not an expert, though, so I could be proved wrong.
I agree. It is one that I can say might have certainly been caused by the logo. Either he landed and slipped, or her over rotated, Im not sure. I watched it several times as well.

Yes I think your right.

It's like everyone has been saying- teams are trying to throw the most difficult routine than can, and aren't focusing on execution. It's nice that you can do a double up, but if your dropping them, your execution and performance scores are going to drop a lot more than they would have gone up.

I saw one guy on youtube clearly slip but I can't remember which team he was on, I think he might have been last pass on World Cup Odyssey?

Ignore my last post, I just saw a video of them and the slip wasn't on that team. However the girl who tumbles from the back right corner to the front left at 0:08 looks like she slips

Ignore my last post, I just saw a video of them and the slip wasn't on that team. However the girl who tumbles from the back right corner to the front left at 0:08 looks like she slips

Nope, that's a bad landing.

@newcheerdad, the CEA greenville Boy over rotated and slipped because of that. I saw him right after and he felt bad for busting a pass he always lands.

The logo is sticky, but a different feel than the normal felt of the mat and it is slighlty indented so i can see why there was a concern for teams. I sat next to the corner for most of the day in the Milkhouse and none of the tumbling busts I saw had anything to do with it.

Teams are trying to actually push the envelope and win..rather than settle for finals...so they are taking risks.....and why not.....last competition of the year..go all out.

It was a bad fall on F5 (from the video), but you could also see her foot slipping on the logo. Also someone else landed coming from top right to bottom left in the vid and you can see her shuffle on the logo. It might be an issue, but getting tweets that read 'tumble bust stunt fall stunt fall stunt bobble good tumbling pyramid bobble' has NOTHING to do with the logo and everything to do with nerves galore (lack of confidence) and difficulty people can't hit. Unless it's an 'OMG they never do that' error, I blame difficulty.

Back