All-Star Theroadtoworlds.com - Ready For 2015

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Has anyone else heard the rumor going around about the 3 or 4 2014 worlds judges that got fired for altering teams scores to rig who won?

Has anyone else heard the rumor going around about the 3 or 4 2014 worlds judges that got fired for altering teams scores to rig who won?

Nope.

Wow... does anyone know whether that has been confirmed? I'm sure shady things happen, but cheating accusations are often made by people that dislike the competition results. (Not saying that you're one of them, it's just that lots of people get hyped up over Worlds scores.)

Sounds to me like someone's team didn't win and they are trying to feel better about themselves. I would have a really hard time believing that especially since IMO the best teams that day did win.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Sounds to me like someone's team didn't win and they are trying to feel better about themselves. I would have a really hard time believing that especially since IMO the best teams that day did win.

ETA: Dang it I always forget about Bangkok, but besides them....

Why would they have to rig an event that everyone admits (privately if not publicly) that unless someone drops you pretty much know who the top three will be year in after year in just about every division regardless ?

Last edited:
Why would they have to rig an event that everyone admits (privately if not publicly) that unless someone drops you pretty much know who the top three will be year in after year in just about every division regardless ?
<gasp> :eek: Worlds is rigged??? </sarcasm>

Wow... does anyone know whether that has been confirmed? I'm sure shady things happen, but cheating accusations are often made by people that dislike the competition results. (Not saying that you're one of them, it's just that lots of people get hyped up over Worlds scores.)
Hahaha yeah that's why I said it was a rumor, I just wanted confirmation(which so far I have not received so as far as I'm concerned its still a rumor…) This post wasn't meant to be biased

Hahaha yeah that's why I said it was a rumor, I just wanted confirmation(which so far I have not received so as far as I'm concerned its still a rumor…) This post wasn't meant to be biased
Oh, I wasn't accusing you of that! :D I just wondered if it was true (because if so, it would DEFINITELY rock the cheer world off of its hinges).

I mean it'd make sense in IOC6...

ETA: but I don't think it's true.

<gasp> :eek: Worlds is rigged??? </sarcasm>

Just making sure I was clear. I don't think Worlds is rigged because there is no reason. You can pretty much guess the top three each year in every division. Not necessarily their order but who it will be. Just because you know who top three will probably be does not make it rigged. Predictable yes, but not rigged.

If they were to truly rig it as the poster I responded to posted, they would do it so a small or less known/popular gym would win, thereby raising the hopes of numerous other small gyms that they too have a chance one day at winning worlds. With numerous gyms dropping out of the chase for Worlds each year, that is one sure way to re-prine the pump, so to speak.

Just making sure I was clear. I don't think Worlds is rigged because there is no reason. You can pretty much guess the top three each year in every division. Not necessarily their order but who it will be. Just because you know who top three will probably be does not make it rigged. Predictable yes, but not rigged.

If they were to truly rig it as the poster I responded to posted, they would do it so a small or less known/popular gym would win, thereby raising the hopes of numerous other small gyms that they too have a chance one day at winning worlds. With numerous gyms dropping out of the chase for Worlds each year, that is one sure way to re-prine the pump, so to speak.
Really? Is that making it harder for them to keep their L5 and 6 athletes motivated (must be)?

Really? Is that making it harder for them to keep their L5 and 6 athletes motivated (must be)?

Depends on the gym and how you approach it as an owner/coaching staff, I would think. In my 4th year here we dropped back down to Level 4 after having made it to Worlds on At Large bids 2 years in a row. We lost 1 kid due to not being Level 5. She is now back with us. We don't teach that Worlds or being a Level 5 is the end all be all. We focus more on the maximum moments we have them in the gym vs the minimum moments they will be on the floor competing. So our kids aren't as hung up on it, and we refuse to be dictated to that we must think that way.

Depends on the gym and how you approach it as an owner/coaching staff, I would think. In my 4th year here we dropped back down to Level 4 after having made it to Worlds on At Large bids 2 years in a row. We lost 1 kid due to not being Level 5. She is now back with us. We don't teach that Worlds or being a Level 5 is the end all be all. We focus more on the maximum moments we have them in the gym vs the minimum moments they will be on the floor competing. So our kids aren't as hung up on it, and we refuse to be dictated to that we must think that way.
I like that.

Back