All-Star Things That You Wish Other People Could Take Off Of For You At Comps?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

There used to always be a lady or two at my figure skating competitions that would be doing girls hair for the competition. The girls usually had some fancy french braid with flowers weaved in. The lady had a sign up sheet for appointments throughout the day and she was always booked. I could totally see someone doing this type of thing at a cheer competition.

i think if someone brainstormed really hard and found a clever way to do 100's of cheerleaders hair and makeup at the competition itself without interfering with warmup times...its would be a GREAT idea

But until then im 100% satisfied with Ms.raven doin my epic "poof" and Alexa giving me the best purple smokey eye in the world!!!...its helps me turn on my persona and go out there and slay it on the mat

I"ve considered getting a salon to be our teams "sponsor", and the girls can go in before comps and games for hair and makeup (especially big games like Homecoming and Senior Night).

Lately, those of us staying in the same hotel, have been ending up having a rolling hair party, as many moms and CPs that feel like joining. Kids don't complain as much and chatting with other adults helps. Her and I alone, straight drama. Owwwwww, owwwww, owwww. Plus, I tried five different types of curlers last comp at Cheersport.
That is a great idea!!!! Thanks!

I"ve considered getting a salon to be our teams "sponsor", and the girls can go in before comps and games for hair and makeup (especially big games like Homecoming and Senior Night).
MissBee you should do it! I've seen it be great exposure for new salons to grow! Even if they give a large discount on services its still a win. Advertising each others small businesses is great for community growth as well.

MissBee you should do it! I've seen it be great exposure for new salons to grow! Even if they give a large discount on services its still a win. Advertising each others small businesses is great for community growth as well.

Yeah, going to look into it for next year. Definitely at the very least for team photos! I'm so sick of some of them coming looking like painted birds and others (usually the freshman) coming with zero makeup on.

I'd pay someone to do my daughter's "poof". It is the most stressful part of competition day seriously. I can do the curls in the back (love, love, love the curlformers!) but getting her Twister poof just right. UGGH!!! Oh and also getting her bow to stand up perfectly....still can't do it after 6 years!

I'd pay someone to do my daughter's "poof". It is the most stressful part of competition day seriously. I can do the curls in the back (love, love, love the curlformers!) but getting her Twister poof just right. UGGH!!! Oh and also getting her bow to stand up perfectly....still can't do it after 6 years!
The Twister bow is pretty heavy! Pull the pony tail holder down as far as you can towards the bottom of the bow then make sure you wrap it into her half-up going between her scalp and the pony tail holder used in her half-up. Pull it as tight as possible. Also, the further "straight up" you can make her half-up pony tail the better. If you have the 1/2 up too far back on her head the bow will lay flat rather than vertical. Hope that makes sense!

I meant somewhere they can put their backpacks while they are in warm ups or competitng, and know they are safe.

I meant somewhere they can put their backpacks while they are in warm ups or competitng, and know they are safe.
Yes something like this would be amazing! I'm a coach and when I have to take my kids early and do make up away from the parents I end up with 20 t-shirts and a handful of makeup bags...all crammed in my bag that was already full. I wish they could bring their bags with them and put all their stuff somewhere safe. It would save my arm and save us from those cases when someone left something with mom

Like a coat check! You check your coat and bag, get a ticket (or write a number on the hand) and then you can pick up your bag/jacket later.

Reactions: VTX
I think a "make-up/hair-station" would be a great idea! I do want to make this warning though, IF the hair/bow "falls out" I could see there being some backlash, just a warning and something to consider.

The Twister bow is pretty heavy! Pull the pony tail holder down as far as you can towards the bottom of the bow then make sure you wrap it into her half-up going between her scalp and the pony tail holder used in her half-up. Pull it as tight as possible. Also, the further "straight up" you can make her half-up pony tail the better. If you have the 1/2 up too far back on her head the bow will lay flat rather than vertical. Hope that makes sense!

Yes it is heavy...I'm going to try this on our next competition morning. Her poor bow always ends up laying flat on top of her head. LOL. She's only lost it once (last year with her old team) so I do get it in pretty securely--I guess that's better than nothing. Thanks for the tips!

Latest posts

Back