All-Star Things To Do In Dallas

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

myprincesscheers

Cheer Parent
May 1, 2012
I know competitions aren't vacations but this is my daughter's first time going to NCA. We're flying in on Thursday so we can have some time for fun. Any suggestions on things to do or see?

Thanks!

Where are you staying and what kind of stuff are you looking to do?

Dealey Plaza is probably the most popular "touristy" thing to do in Dallas. If you or cp are into museums the Perot Museum and the Dallas World Aquarium are nice.

Others who have been to NCA many times are usually pretty good at giving food recommendations. I've been trying to get downtown more as I know that there are some awesome places to eat, but I never do it lol.

Where are you staying and what kind of stuff are you looking to do?

Dealey Plaza is probably the most popular "touristy" thing to do in Dallas. If you or cp are into museums the Perot Museum and the Dallas World Aquarium are nice.

Others who have been to NCA many times are usually pretty good at giving food recommendations. I've been trying to get downtown more as I know that there are some awesome places to eat, but I never do it lol.
We're staying at the Hyatt Regency. Not too sure what we're looking to do. Museum is a possibility and I'll check out the aquarium. She'd love to see snow. Lol. But we'll have to see. We definitely want to go to Dealey Plaza.

If you want to stay in the vicinity of the venue, I would say Perot museum is a popular choice. For great food options you can visit deep Ellum it's artsy great photo ops you can park and walk around or close to there is the dallas farmers market even when the market isn't going they have permanent indoor space with a variety of quick service eateries. It's a popular place yet I always find it crazy that few cheer people know it exists, even the local cheer people

I second the Dallas Aquarium idea- I have been and it was awesome. Also the Galleria Mall (ice skating rink and many cool stores), and the Spaghetti Warehouse. If anyone in your family likes history, you could also visit the John F. Kennedy Memorial. If anyone in your family likes art, I recommend the Dallas Museum of Art, the Kimbell Art Museum (it's in Fort Worth but it's worth the drive), and Henry Moore's public sculpture titled 'The Dallas Piece.'

I went to the most amazing BBQ place near DFW... they have dozens of wood fired smokers that they serve all kinds of meat from... you actually pay by weight.
They offer lots of traditional sides a la carte.
It was a definite Texas experience and I look forward to going back
Hard Eight BBQ Pit Coppell
Hard Eight BBQ- Coppell

We're staying at the Hyatt Regency. Not too sure what we're looking to do. Museum is a possibility and I'll check out the aquarium. She'd love to see snow. Lol. But we'll have to see. We definitely want to go to Dealey Plaza.

[emoji15]. Snow is the Devil. [emoji23] I am happy that it does not snow in my part of Texas. The odds of it snowing during NCA is it won't. But this is Texas Crazyier things have happened. Today it's 107 degrees... this weekend part of Texas is looking at a hurricane while the other part a tropical depression and by Monday meatballs could be falling from the sky like it's just another day... But if it does snow during NCA be prepared for Dallas to act like it's the end of the world and there is no hope for man kind. Texans will be annoyed forget who they are, act like they have never seen snow before. And everyone from out of state that can't seem to drive in Texas will cause wrecks, it will be a state of emergency. Snow and Texas do not play well together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[emoji15]. Snow is the Devil. [emoji23] I am happy that it does not snow in my part of Texas. The odds of it snowing during NCA is it won't. But this is Texas Crazyier things have happened. Today it's 107 degrees... this weekend part of Texas is looking at a hurricane while the other part a tropical depression and by Monday meatballs could be falling from the sky like it's just another day... But if it does snow during NCA be prepared for Dallas to act like it's the end of the world and there is no hope for man kind. Texans will be annoyed forget who they are, act like they have never seen snow before. And everyone from out of state that can't seem to drive in Texas will cause wrecks, it will be a state of emergency. Snow and Texas do not play well together.

It has snowed in Dallas (3 years ago I think?). It was a disaster!

During NCA? [emoji15][emoji15] I can only imagine. I have seen it on a non busy weekend.

Yes. Flights cancelled. Airport shut down. Athletes and coaches missed performances because they were stuck in airports.

Back