All-Star This Year's Holiday Wish List

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Here is what my cp (12) is getting: Disney Infinity game w/ accessories, Rainbow loom w/ rubber bands, CEA/WC shirt, Doodlecats jewelry and bag (UK company), makeup from Ulta, Sennheisers, fake Bailey button Uggs from Target, clothes, and a tablet.
I am hitting that Five Below for cheap craft kits and board games.
Little Diver (10) is getting swimsuits, Legos, Disney Infinity figures, Phineas and Ferb game, Avenger and Thor comics, stuffed monkeys and cows, Longhorns stuff, clothes, and a tablet.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

I see a lot of you have uggs on your Christmas wish list, ever since I was taught this fact about the company I will never wear them again. I think it's worth a read for all you considering to buy some as it may change your perspective:

In case you were wondering, UGGs are made from the skin of sheep and, therefore, the sheep are killed to make them (Wikipedia). I used to think that the wool was painlessly sheared from the sheep, but I was wrong. - See more at: The Truth About UGG Boots

There is a video about it here: But I'm warning you it isn't very nice:

I really want to ask for Beats headphones but
a) my mom would bury me alive before she would pay $250+ for headphones
b) i would hate to have them spend so much.

What other headphones/earbuds are really good quality but won't cost an arm/leg?

ETA: I was gonna put nike pro's on my online christmas list (yourchristmaslist.com) (its pretty cool) but seriously every place that sells them DOESNT HAVE SMALLS. ugh
Ultimate Ears by Logitech!! The big headphones are still pretty expensive, but I got the earbuds that are around $90 (I think) for Christmas 2 years ago and I still haven't broken them, which is a huge record for me! My dad picked them out and he's weirdly obsessed with sound wires so I can assure you they're great quality too lol
I got Beats earbuds before as a gift but they broke within a few months and were very flimsy plastic to start with. The sound quality on them really isn't amazing, you just pay for the name and style (which is fine if that's what you want!)

Well thanks for the people who tried to help. For the others that made comments about what I'm spending you would not know how much my kid does without so I want this to be special for her. My kid actually gets close to nothing all year long. And how often I tell my kid no we don't have the money when she asks for something.

Since everyone is dying to know I'll tell you this. We live with other people... These people kids will have a million items under the tree compared to mine and she actually purchased her daughter half the gifts I already purchased mine. We are opening presents together... And I don't think it's fair to my daughter so I want her to enjoy it. Yes she is 8 years old but she isn't dumb and yes I feel like she needs to learn about money but I'm not sure this is the time and place, and if I can swing it right now then so be it. My daughter last year couldn't understand why she couldn't have a birthday party. Her birthday was in between a week we had back to back comps New Orleans WSA- Dallas NCA. My daughter said I got people present all the time for their birthdays all year when they had birthday parties and no one bought me a present. What she didn't understand is I didn't have money to pay for an expensive party so people could bring her presents. Heck she is probably happy we made it to Dallas the week following New Orleans. I did say well do you want to cheer or have a party she chose cheer because she loves her gym and that is one of the countless times my kid had to do without while no one around her does. So I owe my kid a lot more then just a decent christmas.

I'm laughing at all the comments about Beats. Yes, they are pieces of crap compared to the sound quality of other headphones, but it is what all the kids want. I bought them for my 9 year old non-cp for Hanukkah as his "big" present - he wanted orange ones - from eBay and found them at a ridiculously low price. They are probably fake of course, but he will never know the difference and as long as they continue to work, I don't even care. Would I buy them for myself or dh though? Not a chance.

Well thanks for the people who tried to help. For the others that made comments about what I'm spending you would not know how much my kid does without so I want this to be special for her. My kid actually gets close to nothing all year long. And how often I tell my kid no we don't have the money when she asks for something.

Since everyone is dying to know I'll tell you this. We live with other people... These people kids will have a million items under the tree compared to mine and she actually purchased her daughter half the gifts I already purchased mine. We are opening presents together... And I don't think it's fair to my daughter so I want her to enjoy it. Yes she is 8 years old but she isn't dumb and yes I feel like she needs to learn about money but I'm not sure this is the time and place, and if I can swing it right now then so be it. My daughter last year couldn't understand why she couldn't have a birthday party. Her birthday was in between a week we had back to back comps New Orleans WSA- Dallas NCA. My daughter said I got people present all the time for their birthdays all year when they had birthday parties and no one bought me a present. What she didn't understand is I didn't have money to pay for an expensive party so people could bring her presents. Heck she is probably happy we made it to Dallas the week following New Orleans. I did say well do you want to cheer or have a party she chose cheer because she loves her gym and that is one of the countless times my kid had to do without while no one around her does. So I owe my kid a lot more then just a decent christmas.
My kids are ridiculously clear that the change in gyms they wanted and the "teal tour" with at least 4 sets of plane tickets is the gift that keeps giving. They're also very clear that we are as strapped for cash as we've ever been due to cheerleading and I live in a constant state of panic over money. Hence they're also very clear that massive Christmas giftage will not be happening because it just can't. It's a choice they made and we agreed to which is why liquid cash doesn't exist. It's also why a summer vacation probably won't happen either.

So were going to bake cookies, spend time together, be a family, buy the angel tree gift for our teams adopted family and they'll have a few things to open. Right now CP13 is only asking for the Divergent book series and CP15 says he doesn't need anything (which he'll get something but he's not making a list). I'm sure I'll get them a few more things, but part of my job as a parent is to teach them limits, perspective and to be grateful that they can be two kids on three high level CEA teams and experience everything they're experiencing this season and sometimes choices have consequences (good and bad). They chose the top tier of cheer (financially) so the consequences are (good) an amazing season of invaluable experiences and family time and (bad) we've cut WAY back on eating out, the cable is being switched out to a cheaper service, were nazis about power bills, they won't be getting a new kitty for ours that is about to pass away....and Christmas is lean regardless of their (non-cheer) friends haul.

And they not only understand it, they're good with it because they understand just how privileged they are to not only get to cheer at their choice of program but also to know we will go as a family, together, to everything so they never have to take that stage without all if us there.

ETA: they also recognize that my dh and I don't exchange gifts at Christmas with each other...and they get why that happens too

I have Beats and I absolutely adore mine. I use them while I'm studying in the library so that I can't hear anybody when they try to talk to me when I'm trying to get stuff done. I love the way they sound but I'm aware there are probably better quality headphones available but I would absolutely purchase them again and I am looking into getting a second pair since I haven't had any issues with mine.

Please tell me you don't honestly believe your the only parent on this board who has had to make sacrifices for their child to cheer? I work two jobs, this was the 1st time in 5 years my kids had birthday parties, our family has not taken a vacation in about that long. There are parents on here that have fundraised their child to Worlds, work multiple jobs, and kids that get zero on Christmas because of cheer.
You can't tell everyone you are living with another family because you don't have your own home and then post you bought your kid $120 headphones...then get snarky because people side eye you.

I'm laughing at all the comments about Beats. Yes, they are pieces of crap compared to the sound quality of other headphones, but it is what all the kids want. I bought them for my 9 year old non-cp for Hanukkah as his "big" present - he wanted orange ones - from eBay and found them at a ridiculously low price. They are probably fake of course, but he will never know the difference and as long as they continue to work, I don't even care. Would I buy them for myself or dh though? Not a chance.
Ahhh aesthetics. And a good marketing team. I laughed when I was on the website.

Are there commercials for them or something? I wonder how kids hear about them, as I don't really watch TV but my channels that I DO watch never mention them. I'll bet if I ask my bro why he wants them, he'll say 'BUT THEY LOOK COOL.' I rest my case.

Krisboo- I can, to an extent, understand your frustration. When I was little, all my sister and I wanted was a Barbie car. Well, I didn't understand that my parents were poor because my dad was trying to start a business, so we kept needling him. He told me in my later years that that was the HARDEST thing he ever dealt with. We lived next door to people who were a bit better off than us (not by much). They always got really cool stuff and I was slightly jealous. My parents put a lot of boundaries on us in terms of money and what to expect, but in a weird way I'm glad for it. Sure it was hard as a kid, but I learned very quickly that any extras I want can be saved up for with birthday money. Or I could do a lemonade stand. It has led me to become an INCREDIBLY resourceful adult who is financially savvy. Your situation is different and there are parameters, but I can understand the difficulty. Almost all of my clothes for my younger years were hand-me-downs or discount. I never knew the difference because I was never trained to expect it, I guess.

Please tell me you don't honestly believe your the only parent on this board who has had to make sacrifices for their child to cheer? I work two jobs, this was the 1st time in 5 years my kids had birthday parties, our family has not taken a vacation in about that long. There are parents on here that have fundraised their child to Worlds, work multiple jobs, and kids that get zero on Christmas because of cheer.
You can't tell everyone you are living with another family because you don't have your own home and then post you bought your kid $120 headphones...then get snarky because people side eye you.

I'm actually in negotiations to leave my position I've been in (at least this district) since 1998 because I HAVE to increase the family income. Have to. I love my district. I don't want to go... I'm not big on starting over in reputation, seniority, professional relationships...

...but I don't have a choice if they're going to stay in cheer. Le sigh. It's what we do.

But! I don't hide our sacrifices. I don't blame them or beat them over the head with it, but they DO need to understand just what it takes to make this happen for them. And they do so they understand the sacrifices they need to make too. :)

My daughter last year couldn't understand why she couldn't have a birthday party. Her birthday was in between a week we had back to back comps New Orleans WSA- Dallas NCA. My daughter said I got people present all the time for their birthdays all year when they had birthday parties and no one bought me a present. What she didn't understand is I didn't have money to pay for an expensive party so people could bring her presents. Heck she is probably happy we made it to Dallas the week following New Orleans. I did say well do you want to cheer or have a party she chose cheer because she loves her gym and that is one of the countless times my kid had to do without while no one around her does. So I owe my kid a lot more then just a decent christmas.

I don't understand the unnecessary stress you put on yourself to make sure things are "expensive". I'm not judging you by any means or trying to come across as preachy...but its a child. Why does the party have to be expensive? When did a $20 cake from the grocery store, a couple of Little Ceasars Pizza's and a pitcher of fruit punch not becoming good enough? These are children. Let them be children. The average child doesn't care about these things....its their parents that are trying to keep up with the Jones' that care.

I grew up in a 2 parent household with parents that had "good jobs"....and we still had cake and ice cream birthday parties...Maybe a skating rink once or twice....but heck...kids can get together and entertain themselves....

You'd be amazed at the number of kids that don't know they're "poor" or don't know they're "rich" simply because their parents don't stress the importance of either end of the spectrum

My kids are ridiculously clear that the change in gyms they wanted and the "teal tour" with at least 4 sets of plane tickets is the gift that keeps giving. They're also very clear that we are as strapped for cash as we've ever been due to cheerleading and I live in a constant state of panic over money. Hence they're also very clear that massive Christmas giftage will not be happening because it just can't. It's a choice they made and we agreed to which is why liquid cash doesn't exist. It's also why a summer vacation probably won't happen either.

So were going to bake cookies, spend time together, be a family, buy the angel tree gift for our teams adopted family and they'll have a few things to open. Right now CP13 is only asking for the Divergent book series and CP15 says he doesn't need anything (which he'll get something but he's not making a list). I'm sure I'll get them a few more things, but part of my job as a parent is to teach them limits, perspective and to be grateful that they can be two kids on three high level CEA teams and experience everything they're experiencing this season and sometimes choices have consequences (good and bad). They chose the top tier of cheer (financially) so the consequences are (good) an amazing season of invaluable experiences and family time and (bad) we've cut WAY back on eating out, the cable is being switched out to a cheaper service, were nazis about power bills, they won't be getting a new kitty for ours that is about to pass away....and Christmas is lean regardless of their (non-cheer) friends haul.

And they not only understand it, they're good with it because they understand just how privileged they are to not only get to cheer at their choice of program but also to know we will go as a family, together, to everything so they never have to take that stage without all if us there.

ETA: they also recognize that my dh and I don't exchange gifts at Christmas with each other...and they get why that happens too

Exactly. As a single mom who paid for cp to do cheer for 11 years, there was plenty of other things she didn't get because she chose to do cheer instead, and chose to have me travel and be apart of the experience with her. Fortunately I learned where to find the deals and bargains on the name brand clothes, straighteners, and makeup she wanted most. I worked two jobs and tried to find deals and if I did, she would get it, if not, she didn't. And I'm glad I raised her to go without at times and it didn't even kill her to go without. Now ask her to go without cheer and that just may Have done her in lol. I also raised my kids to know that no matter how little we had, someone else had less and so we have done the angel tree since they were tiny. It's a good lesson for them!

I had my family go to a neighborhood soup kitchen Thanksgiving Day and help serve. While we were there we also helped wrap donated stuffed animals that will be given to children in homes and seniors in nursing homes. A lot of the things we were wrapping were happy meal type little bean bags. My kids looked at me and said " Imagine if this is all we got for Christmas?"
I'm so glad we went because my youngest who just turned 13 asked if we can go Christmas Morning to the children's home and help give them out.
In todays world our youngins may loose the whole meaning of giving vs. receiving and its our job as parents to help them see how fulfilling giving can be.

I had a lot to say about this post, but you have already received some very wise words so I will only say that I very much agree with what has already been said. One thing I need to add though - the bolded comment.....:confused: I am not sure that anyone is "dying to know" anything about you. You put it all out there for us, which is completely your prerogative, but when you do that, you have to expect both positive and not so positive responses. You asked for ideas, and you got several excellent suggestions that are not only both constructive and economical gifts, but allow an 8 year old to be just that. I am not sure why there was the need to lash out at us in return.

Back