All-Star Thoughts On Cheerlebrities

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I agree with this with people looking up to the bigger girls I have an issue with the ones that promote and are not humble.
I wish I changed the title of the to which gym of team you admire as I was hoping people would look more at the teams
Having been at a gym with plenty of cheerlebs, I have not met a single one that is not humble. Humility and humbleness has a lot to do with perception, especially when you do not have the opportunity to know these athletes on a personal level.

They are just teenagers. They giggle and tease each other and fake tan and fart and complain about school and happen to have really good hair. Some of their parents try to offset the cost of cheer with some promotions. Others just like free stuff. If all I had to do was an IG post to get free shoes, heck yeah I'd do it! At the same time, you won't last long in this sport if you aren't humble. True team sports like cheer rarely operate well with a standout diva no matter how skilled they are or how many abs they have ;)

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Having been at a gym with plenty of cheerlebs, I have not met a single one that is not humble. Humility and humbleness has a lot to do with perception, especially when you do not have the opportunity to know these athletes on a personal level.

They are just teenagers. They giggle and tease each other and fake tan and fart and complain about school and happen to have really good hair. Some of their parents try to offset the cost of cheer with some promotions. Others just like free stuff. If all I had to do was an IG post to get free shoes, heck yeah I'd do it! At the same time, you won't last long in this sport if you aren't humble. True team sports like cheer rarely operate well with a standout diva no matter how skilled they are or how many abs they have ;)

Majority of the Cheerlebrities that I follow on twitter/insta(I really just follow a lot of cheer people on one of my twitters) are some of the most popular people on their team not just you know by screaming fans. This I think says a lot because if a cheerleb wasn't humble fairly certain everyone on her team would a. talk bad about the fact that she's s so famous etc. for doing nothing and b. probably wouldn't voluntarily hang out with other people. Why would you? And by popular I just mean they are constantly with their team whether its stunting with them, going tumbling, hanging out on weekends outside of cheer.

I dont know....The same can be said about the dance world. There are youtube channels that only post videos of some dancers that have "celebrity" status in the dance world (and no I am not referring to the dance moms girls) the thing with dance though is that I find most of the dance celebrities out there most times even younger then cheerlebs. These girls are 7-10 years old and there are tumblr pages, instagram fan accounts and youtube channels dedicated to them.
Maybe it's because of where I live, but even those kids that have that status out in those California dance studios I've always been weary over. There is a girl that goes to my school. She dances at Abby Lee, I'm assuming she's pretty talented but isn't on the show. Has 50k followers on Instagram I believe. She recently made a twitter but chose to keep it private. There were fan accounts that were speculating that if they create enough fake accounts, one will have to be accepted by her, just to see what she tweets about, saying things like "she's just trying to get famous that's pathetic." She's a freshman so I'm hoping she could defend herself (not saying that she should have to), but like you said, what about those kids that aren't even 10? I know first hand how crazy fan accounts can be, but it's one thing for it to be for a celebrity or band, a minor I don't think ever should have to put up with it.

Thank you. You said that so well. I always wondered how people knew how these cheerlebs are humble/not humble or hard workers if they don't know them personally. Maybe from insta/twitter but there is only so much you can "really" know about someone on social media. And meeting them for a few minutes doesn't mean you now them or can say they are nice or not nice. So unless you know them in real life then you really don't know them based on what they say or do on Twitter.

This is why I don't 100% hate cheerlebs. ^

side note: if you think the ONLY way to see someone's post is by following them, you don't understand social media. I recently complained about a cheerleb promoting diet pills. I think it's disgusting, but I'm not even following her. on insta there is "following" where it shows posts that your friends liked, and on twitter there are "retweets", which is even more concerning. someone may have 300k followers, but that's not all that are seeing it..

side note: if you think the ONLY way to see someone's post is by following them, you don't understand social media. I recently complained about a cheerleb promoting diet pills. I think it's disgusting, but I'm not even following her. on insta there is "following" where it shows posts that your friends liked, and on twitter there are "retweets", which is even more concerning. someone may have 300k followers, but that's not all that are seeing it..

I'll admit I don't know how instagram or twitter works but I know that your tl is of other peoples tweets and you see these even if you don't follow someone.

My only issue is when parents and kids see "AmandaPandaFullNoBull" and act as though they have just seen the Messiah. The running and pushing through the crowd, causing bottlenecks in the hallways and restrooms, absolutely no regard for a team, their coaches, or anyone else. C'mon parents, is it really that important to get a bow signed from a teenager that can cheer?

I saw some hair growth pills the other day too...

^This. I saw that same post but it was via Facebook because someone else shared it. It honestly makes me so sick that a cheerleb would promote diet pills. Yes I realize that they may be using it to pay their cheer fees, but do they not realize that so many of their followers are little girls?? What kind of message are you sending to them? As much as I hate the whole cheerleb thing, their fan should be used as role models.

My only issue is when parents and kids see "AmandaPandaFullNoBull" and act as though they have just seen the Messiah. The running and pushing through the crowd, causing bottlenecks in the hallways and restrooms, absolutely no regard for a team, their coaches, or anyone else. C'mon parents, is it really that important to get a bow signed from a teenager that can cheer?

YES.The worst behavior:

Fangirl:

*watches Chelsea Cheerlebrity while warming up*
*waits for her*

The SECOND her foot steps off the blue mat:
Fangirl: "OMG CHELSEA CAN YOU SIGN MY BOW!!!"

Then when Chelsea says "No, sorry. I can't." it becomes "OMG I met Chelsea Cheerlebrity and she was like SOOOO MEAN."

Um. She seriously. just. got. done. warming. up.

Sooooo, I have a child on a popular youth team. She, as do most of her teammates, has an insta account with a growing number of followers. My observation is, its not really HER people are interested in, I think its more the TEAM that attracts followers.
My CP thinks it cool to have met so many other cheerleaders from other gyms and even from different countries. She, via IG, keeps in touch with other girls and boys her own age on similar teams. So far, its all been a pretty positive experience. She is not nearly what is perceived as cheerleb status, but we have experienced the "hey can you take a photo with me" moments at comps. Its surreal to say the least, mostly it makes her and her teammates giggle. I have seen her and her friends fangirl over her favorite TG, Smoed, Senior Elite kids....she wants to be just like them....no harm has ever come of it. Mostly just more giggling.
Closely watching this thread, taking in all the judgement.

Last edited:
^^^^

I see very little harm in her having an Instagram as long as she wants it. That's different from her being 5, and YOU creating an Instagram to promote her. I'm assuming that you, as a mom, are aware of what she posts/promotes/etc. on some level as well (even if it's not YOU running the account.)

Last edited:
^^^^

I see very little harm in her having an Instagram as long as she wants it. That's different from her being 5, and YOU creating an Instagram to promote her. I'm assuming that you, as a mom, are aware of what she posts/promotes/etc. one some level as well (even if it's not YOU running the account.)
Trust me, her account notifications come directly to my phone whether she likes it or not!

IMO the whole thing is riduculous. If you want that kind of attention go on a reality tv show or enter a beauty pagent.
My daughter appreciates other cheerleaders fot thier skills, leadership and work ethic. She could care less about thier abs, hair or how many followers one has.
My CP being from a known team has been asked for pics and has had people comment on some of her insta pics.
Thats not celebrity... thats admiration. Promoting for sake of gaining something tangible is celebrity.
I think there is a huge difference between the two.
I am sure that is all driven by said cheerlebrity parents.

Back