All-Star Thoughts On Cheerlebrities

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

IMO the whole thing is riduculous. If you want that kind of attention go on a reality tv show or enter a beauty pagent.
My daughter appreciates other cheerleaders fot thier skills, leadership and work ethic. She could care less about thier abs, hair or how many followers one has.
My CP being from a known team has been asked for pics and has had people comment on some of her insta pics.
Thats not celebrity... thats admiration. Promoting for sake of gaining something tangible is celebrity.
I think there is a huge difference between the two.
I am sure that is all driven by said cheerlebrity parents.
This. I couldn't agree more.

im kinda agree and disagree with both sides of the spectrum. i can see why certain cheerlebs like and dislike the celebrity status during certain times such as while trying to focus on competing. but i can see why some of them try and promote certain products that are thrown at them. Money being the obvious factor. i mean what teen wouldnt say hey yeah ill promote so and so on my twitter for $$, it takes all of three seconds and its money in the pocket. the kardashians do it 24/7 and get paid like crazy for it.
although i do feel bad when they are trying to focus on competing and being bombarded by random strangers, they are just kids themselves. however if you choose to promote stuff publicly, and promote your instagram publicly the way the some of them do, i cant feel to much sympathy for the way people react in public to them. its a double edged sword.
and if people come out and say that they cant help but get thousands of followers and have no control over their privacy anymore, i think thats a crap excuse. ive seen plenty of people have private twitters and instagram to protect themselves against that kind of thing.

IMO the whole thing is riduculous. If you want that kind of attention go on a reality tv show or enter a beauty pagent.
My daughter appreciates other cheerleaders fot thier skills, leadership and work ethic. She could care less about thier abs, hair or how many followers one has.
My CP being from a known team has been asked for pics and has had people comment on some of her insta pics.
Thats not celebrity... thats admiration. Promoting for sake of gaining something tangible is celebrity.
I think there is a huge difference between the two.
I am sure that is all driven by said cheerlebrity parents.

AMEN. Well known team here too......and unless you know us in person you probably have no idea who notimeforthat or my CP is, which for my hubby and I, is exactly how we like it. It is possible to do this at this level and popularity and still remain grounded and "unknown" (for lack of a better word).

@SL&AM If your CP some day decides she wants to "Be Famous" only you can decide if you'll allow her to do that. It's still in your hands! You can decide no! Or yes......lol.......

I will share a related story......my CP knew the popular names of the kids on other teams and when we went to Vegas and Major's 2 year's ago she paid attention to the more known kids in the routine and was disappointed to realize that she has as much skill, if not more than the famous kids. (Obviously not Kiara or Angel but.........lmao.....you get what I'm saying) It was a great family teaching moment and we used it as such!

Just to add some food for thought but, does anyone think that individual videos may have had a hand in escalating this "cheerlebrity craze?" I'm not specifically calling out 2x2 because I like Jay. I think what started out as documenting your child's season morphed into something completely different and had unintended consequences. Maybe that falls on the parents for not keeping a lid on the amount of videos or wanting it for general public viewing (I overheard several parents complain (years ago) that "Jay gave me a CD! Why didn't he put it on Youtube?"

Once again, I am NOT saying this is 2x2's fault. (His are the best IMO. Not creepy, stalkerish, or self-promoting.)

Just to add some food for thought but, does anyone think that individual videos may have had a hand in escalating this "cheerlebrity craze?" I'm not specifically calling out 2x2 because I like Jay. I think what started out as documenting your child's season morphed into something completely different and had unintended consequences. Maybe that falls on the parents for not keeping a lid on the amount of videos or wanting it for general public viewing (I overheard several parents complain (years ago) that "Jay gave me a CD! Why didn't he put it on Youtube?"

Once again, I am NOT saying this is 2x2's fault. (His are the best IMO. Not creepy, stalkerish, or self-promoting.)

I've seen some posts from these videographers and photographers that are more well known for doing these things and to me, on social media, some of them do come across creepy and stalkerish. How many times do we have to see them say how "beautiful" and "wonderful" and "gorgeous" etc. the cheerleaders are that they are referring to. Just ew. These are grown men!

I've seen some posts from these videographers and photographers that are more well known for doing these things and to me, on social media, some of them do come across creepy and stalkerish. How many times do we have to see them say how "beautiful" and "wonderful" and "gorgeous" etc. the cheerleaders are that they are referring to. Just ew. These are grown men!
Thiiiiiiiiis.

Glad to see I'm not the only one that feels that way.

I completely agree. One of my friends on my team was chatting with one of them at a comp and my mom had a meltdown asking "who is that creepy old man talking to Susie???". I also think it is also very inappropriate to tweet, instagram, Facebook etc. specifically mentioning individuals by name calling them beautiful, sweethearts, pretty etc. It really creeps me out especially since this is coming from a grown man.

Glad to see I'm not the only one that feels that way.

Yeah, I didn't think I would be the only one who thought they need to tone it down. I don't know these people at all but just going by what I see on social media. They could be the nicest people but the posts sometimes are just so creepy.

Thank you for saying what I was thinking! I see it ALL the time, and just saw one today to a girl who is 16. It is just beyond gross and creepy to me.

It's nut about cheerleading per say. Simply s reflection of or increasing obsession of broth berries helped no doubt my everybody's incessent need to post play by plays of their entire lives on Social media

Back