Thoughts On "ruby Slipper" Hold Full Ups

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Aug 18, 2015
our squad does both, "ruby slipper" hold (slightly a change of position for bases and backspot on the way around) and traditional hold full ups however find that ruby slipper is so much lighter on base's bodies and flyers feel it's "easier" (it is kind of a "hack") however wondering if it's judged any different?

our squad does both, "ruby slipper" hold (slightly a change of position for bases and backspot on the way around) and traditional hold full ups however find that ruby slipper is so much lighter on base's bodies and flyers feel it's "easier" (it is kind of a "hack") however wondering if it's judged any different?

Someone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, I believe they are scored the same for difficulty. The only difference would be how well you executed the skill.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At usasf conference this year, they made it very clear that a traditional full up is scored higher than I ruby slipper full up. However, they also made it clear that a clean ruby slipper full up will be scored higher than a janky traditional full up.
You have to balance between what is cleaner and what is more difficult. The ultimate goal is to do a perfect technique traditional full up.

It's all about what you can do cleanly.

At usasf conference this year, they made it very clear that a traditional full up is scored higher than I ruby slipper full up. However, they also made it clear that a clean ruby slipper full up will be scored higher than a janky traditional full up.
You have to balance between what is cleaner and what is more difficult. The ultimate goal is to do a perfect technique traditional full up.

It's all about what you can do cleanly.
What about at collegiate nationals and high school nationals?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I would love to see the "ruby slipper" technique?

This is the ruby slipper grip. I absolutely love it and you can also use the grip to full up to an immediate one legged body position.
Also this school, Cave Spring, used the grip to full up to arabesques.

I believe they are scored exactly the same. What makes the difference is the execution score depending on how well you do either or.

Back