All-Star Tiny's At 10pm ??? Jamz Nationals

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

We have a competition next week at which our mini's have to compete at 6:20. When I initially saw it my brain for a second thought "am" then it went wait that can't be ... Then realized it was pm... I am still a bit frazzled how this happened at a Varsity competition....

So seeing a Tiny team at 10... I feel like there are laws against keeping babies out this late at night in some states, right? There have to be... That borders child abuse... Wow!

What did the rest of the competition look like? Was it so large that it literally ran all day long? If an EP is planning on having a competition that is so big that it will run this late, they need to make it 2 day, have more arenas and judging panels, or set up a bunch of nap-rooms.

Friday Dance
Friday & Saturday all level ones and Prep teams
Saturday & Sunday The rest of all cheer levels
Monday school cheer
So yeah, the comp was pretty big

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What did the rest of the competition look like? Was it so large that it literally ran all day long? If an EP is planning on having a competition that is so big that it will run this late, they need to make it 2 day, have more arenas and judging panels, or set up a bunch of nap-rooms.

It's actually a 4 day event at the Orleans Arena in Las Vegas, NV. However, they combined Cheer AND Dance which I think is a large part of the issue.

ETA: Here is the schedule: file:///J:/Downloads/Updated%2016NATS%20-%20AS.SC%20FINAL%20.pdf

Double post cause I don't feel like editing, too tired [emoji42][emoji42]
They did have two Rooms, The Arena and a Ball room.
We been to this comp numerous times and it's one of my favorites, they always run on time and super organized and the best awards show, this is the first time they have young teams going so late, it's usually worlds team going late and higher levels, not quite sure why it got changed this season.

It's actually a 4 day event at the Orleans Arena in Las Vegas, NV. However, they combined Cheer AND Dance which I think is a large part of the issue.

ETA: Here is the schedule: file:///J:/Downloads/Updated%2016NATS%20-%20AS.SC%20FINAL%20.pdf

Oh wow, I didn't realize you were there! I would have waved at you [emoji12]

The dance part has nothing to do why this comp ran late. Jamz has always combined dance/school and cheer.

I think everyone had the same opinion when they saw the schedule. On Friday night, the performances went well and the kids were excited to perform on the Arena stage. On Saturday, they moved them to the smaller ballroom stage and each team had a performance time about an hour earlier. All in all, the kids rose to the occasion and did amazing. There were a few meltdowns that I witnessed back in the holding areas and warm ups, but they rallied and pulled it together on stage. I don't recall any injuries with the level 1 teams.

I think that with the massive amounts of complaints from parents, teams, etc. JAMZ will take into consideration the late performance times for the littles next year.

Back