Tips For Tucks

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Apr 11, 2013
Hey I am try to get my standing tuck and I am really close but my coach says I need to be more "fierce" with it. But I'm not sure what that means! Any tips on how to get it faster and better?

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

Jump up before the actual rotation. And squeeze your butt the whole time. It helps in the landing when you pull your head back up. I think they mean force in the landing when you clean after landing. So yeah, pull your head up faster and it will look fierce. :)

Push off your toes, your set should be real high but while you push off your toes look at a item or person and when you rotate you shouldn't look away until your rotated away and when you land pull your chest up fast so you won't fall forward and when you land you should have moved out your spot if you did that means that you set going back not up

And make sure you pull your standing tuck shouldn't take you like and hour just to land when your coach said be more fierce they must have meant like be more aggressive while doing it a standing tuck is not a soft skill. And keep a nice tight position don't come out of it.

Make sure you have a high set before you actually flip, try to use your ab muscles to pull your hips over quicker, and look for your toes in the landing (just a few haha)

Back