All-Star Tips & Tricks For Competitions At Disney

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I'm almost certain that last year was the same cup as the prior year.
They've had the same cups for a few years now and you can always re-use your cup. I'm still bringing my original cup from 1999 (the first year I went to UCA All-Star) and using it. NEVER had any problems.

This year when I was there for high school nationals I learned that you can use the cups in the park at the hotels too. I saw a cup for sale at one of the quick service places in Animal Kingdom for $4.99 and a cashier at the all star would have never questioned the cup. Cups at all star are around $16.

Not sure how I feel about using old cups. I assume when you originally purchased the cup it was for your drinks during the length of your stay on that trip. I am looking for ways to save money, but I don't want to steal anything.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Not sure how I feel about using old cups. I assume when you originally purchased the cup it was for your drinks during the length of your stay on that trip. I am looking for ways to save money, but I don't want to steal anything.

When the mug program was first implemented (early 90s??), it was a free refill for life mug at the same resort: each resort has its own unique mug. It was in 2009 or 2010, I believe when they changed the mugs free refills to "duration of your stay". But the one I got in 2008 and the one they had for sale in 2012 were exactly the same. ;:::shrug::::

I think Disney is 'stealing' enough from you in everything else you pay for that the least Disney can do for you is refill your mug :)

If eating at the parks order off of the kids menu. It's a little cheaper and is typically enough food.

Take a picture of your disney park ticket on your phone. When (not if, because it will happen) someone loses their ticket, just take the phone and picture to the customer service area of a park and they will issue you a new ticket. You will get no where without the ticket number. I also have everyones number written down on a paper just in case.

I second what a poster above said about sharing meal plan food. You get a TON of food with that voucher, its more then enough for 2 people!

If you're purchasing apparel go to the tents early! Stuff will sell out, go ahead and buy what you want, just to have a better chance of getting it!

Cups are the same this year as in previous years. I highly recommend getting the cup! Its worth it and can be re-used every year you go back. It's my understanding that it's not stealing - that is the intention of the cup. I've been using cups at disney since 98, and since they switched to a universal cup it was my understanding that you can use that cup until the style changes.

Could be wrong but I'm pretty sure our allstar room had a mini-fridge. I was in movies this year. Caribbean last year did have a fridge as well.

A quick Google search and I confirmed that the refillable mugs are good "until the end of the stay in which the mug was purchased". It is actually posted on the signs at the beverage stations in the Disney resorts!

-i not only have gone to worlds, but my brother has played baseball at WWoS, and they've always let us bring in coolers and food. Their only rule is that there's no alcohol or glass. They occasionally checked the coolers to be sure.
-Once you're in the arena, if you need to use the restroom, go in shifts. Lol, sounds nuts, but people will move bags in chairs and say they "didn't see them". So make sure someone's there to guard your stuff..because bathroom lines are always INCREDIBLY long.
-Buy.apparel.on.the.first.day. I'm still upset that I didn't get the jacket at worlds last year. Learned my lesson!!
-it rains like everyday around noon in Orlando. Not an exaggeration. Plan for rain and bring clothes/uniform cover ups/shoe protectors etc, because it WILL rain!! I've been stranded in the WWoS baseball fields in a monsoon two or three times lol.
-As mentioned above, don't buy food at the McDonalds on Disney property. You know how large teas are a dollar everywhere at McDonald's? Well we were super thirsty and it was the only thing around so we went and got three teas from them. Should've been about 3 bucks and tax. Nope. Costed us a little over 11 dollars. Will never forget that!
-this is just a tip for the Orlando area in general...if you see a steakhouse, connected to a..I dunno a, Japanese or Mexican restaurant, don't go there. I repeat, don't do it. There's something shady about those places...and they're all over. Pretty sure half our house got food poisoning from the Mexican buffet. Might want to stick to familiar, chain restaurants while in Orlando!

I always go to a grocery store and buy a case of waters, some Gatorade and fruit my cp had a fridge so I also bought milk and those one serving cereal cups and granola bars. If you are staying somewhere other than the allstar, but go ther for some practice time take some cold drinks for you and the kids it's hot and humid. The Jostens center is hot! Block party is a bust, if you have a younger team go with them.

Block party is a bust, if you have a younger team go with them.

At The Summit, there is a Celebration party the last evening and you have to have a $30 wristband to attend. Cp doesn't want to miss out on anything (with the exception of school) but, I haven't found anything that explains exactly what it is. Does this sound like they are setting it up to be like the Block party at Worlds? If so, can you give a brief description?

At The Summit, there is a Celebration party the last evening and you have to have a $30 wristband to attend. Cp doesn't want to miss out on anything (with the exception of school) but, I haven't found anything that explains exactly what it is. Does this sound like they are setting it up to be like the Block party at Worlds? If so, can you give a brief description?

Yes that sounds like the block party they have at worlds and UCA. The block party is completely different from the infamous party at the allstar last year. If you are on the package the $30 bracelet is included. At worlds/UCA the party is at MGM/Hollywood Studios. Tower of Terror and Rockin Roller Coaster (and maybe one other ride) are open. In the past there was a DJ, but that may have changed because of some dirty dancing a few years ago at worlds. Definitely take shirts to trade! If your CP is really interested in trading shirts or you are not staying on Disney property, I think it would be worth the money to buy the bracelet, but otherwise I wouldn't go for it. If you are staying on property, you have access to Extra Magic Hours and one park stays open until 2 am each night. It seems like Sunday night is always Magic Kingdom and you can go on rides all night without waiting in long lines and IMO that is much more fun than the block party.

-If you get the airport ("Disney magical express") service to take care of your luggage it sometimes takes 2-3 hours before you get your suitcase to your room! So plan ahead by including what you need for those first few hours. Coming from Canada my first year at worlds I couldn't even leave my air-conditioned room because I was in sweat pants and a sweatshirt from the airport and I couldn't stand the heat (all while most of my teammates were at the pool because they had gotten their suitcases or had packed a bathing suit in their carry-on)
- the rooms are TINY. what we always do is push all the beds against the far wall into one giant 4 person bed and that way there is room for our luggage at the front of the room (where the table and the window are).

I coach a high school team and last year when we went to UCA high school nationals, one of the moms ordered groceries online from one of the super markets near the all star resort and then had the groceries scheduled for delivery the day we got there. I thought that was pretty smart! Not sure how much more money it was to have them delivered but at least you're not bringing an extra suitcase or using room in your suitcase to bring snacks.

Latest posts

Back