All-Star Tips & Tricks For Competitions At Disney

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

The 'new' version of the block party is boring. There's like 2 rides open with long lines. They don;t have a DJ anymore, but they do play music over the speakers. There are lots of disney workers at the block party maintaining control. ANY type of singing or dancing they will shut it down. Its slightly ridiculous. I understand they dont want people on top of each other, but there could be like, for example, 4 girls just jumping up and down singing the music not even that loud and they;ll tell you go stop. No fun allowed

At The Summit, there is a Celebration party the last evening and you have to have a $30 wristband to attend. Cp doesn't want to miss out on anything (with the exception of school) but, I haven't found anything that explains exactly what it is. Does this sound like they are setting it up to be like the Block party at Worlds? If so, can you give a brief description?

I understand, my kids wouldnt want to miss any thing either, the 1st year they went to the block party, they called me a little while after I dropped them off. Besides the dirty dancing, there are kids visibly drunk going in and out, it was like there was no security. Its not just the older kids, it was 13 and 14 year olds. There's no DJ now, but the last few years the partying has gotten worse. I really think if you have young kids a parent should be with them. Mine were already 17 and 18 but I got that call so quick, I shouldve stayed in the parking lot.

We didnt know about the Magic Kingdom being open, but my kids said thats what they would want to do instead.

I coach a high school team and last year when we went to UCA high school nationals, one of the moms ordered groceries online from one of the super markets near the all star resort and then had the groceries scheduled for delivery the day we got there. I thought that was pretty smart! Not sure how much more money it was to have them delivered but at least you're not bringing an extra suitcase or using room in your suitcase to bring snacks.
We have done this before at Disney and it was definitely worth it! We used gardengrocer.com and they were awesome. We didnt have a car to go to a store in Orlando for stuff so this was a HUGE savings for us.

ashscott41 and Mom Jeans Thanks for the info on the party, Magic Kingdom it is!
Such a better idea. The park completely empties out, the kids are thrilled being there so late with minimal lines on the rides, and it's nice to have that last fun night before heading home. One thing that I remember though is that they do not keep very many food places open late at night so if the kids are hungry, feed them before you go. I think we found funnel cakes in Frontier Land but that was about it.

We always use garden grocer in Disney. Delivery is free on orders over $75 (unless that has changed). You can always combine with other people to get that total. They deliver to the resort, and resort personnel will deliver to your room. You shop online before you go and schedule your date and time. Prices are slightly higher than a local grocery store, but less than a cab if you don't have a vehicle. If you want to order alcohol, you have to place your online order then call them. They will add it to your order, but aren't allowed to "sell" it online.

So jealous!! We didn't have one and I threw away a lot of food on that trip. Fingers crossed for this year.

As of May 2012 ALL of the all star resort rooms should have the mini fridge in them. If I'm wrong you can still rent one from Disney for $10 a day.

it is hot and rainy here in florida as of now, be prepared for it to rain almost every day if not every other day. theres no point in bring jeans or long sleeves if you plan on going outside, even at night its humid. just a little fyi.

they aren't gonna stop you from using prior year cups, to my knowledge they're still using the cups with mickey and minnie floating around in a pool...ill ask my friends though

I have used the same cups every year since I bought them in 2006, our first year there. I have used them on each trip, UCA and Worlds, even a few times that had nothing to do with cheerleading. If I had to put a total number of times used it would be over 15 times those darn cups have travled back and forth with me from PA to the Mouse House

Back