All-Star To Tell Or Not To Tell..

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Exactly that is why I asked what the intent of the initial poster as her only question was whether to tell and did not mention or bring up the thought of telling them gym. I think telling the gym should be the first step - then besides being teh right thing you go in to telling USASF with a clear conscious that you made the effort to make sure this gym was aware of the rules.
definitely agree with this! that's exactly how I would like someone to handle it if I was the gym making a mistake!

but to me, the thing is- if its an honest mistake and they have no idea, put yourself in their position. If your team made an honest mistake such as this, would you want someone to point it out to YOU so you can fix it, or tell usasf and have about 50 heartbroken kids? i know its "cheating" but that may not be their intentions
I am personally going to tell the gym owner. However this gym knows what they are doing. They have lied and put girls that were underaged on their worlds teams because the younger girls were better. I am emailing the gym owner so he definitely knows. I don't want to crush anyones dreams, however if he knows and des nothing about it and gets caught it's on him, not me. Thank you for all of your feedback!

I am personally going to tell the gym owner. However this gym knows what they are doing. They have lied and put girls that were underaged on their worlds teams because the younger girls were better. I am emailing the gym owner so he definitely knows. I don't want to crush anyones dreams, however if he knows and des nothing about it and gets caught it's on him, not me. Thank you for all of your feedback!
well if you KNOW they for sure know thats different. i would probably go to USASF if they are just trying to cheat

There is a local team that is sending 2 teams to worlds. One to cheer and one to dance.Rules of USASF says that you can't cross over at all.. I know FOR SURE that this gym has half the cheerleaders competing on the dance team and plans to keep it that way. I want to let it go, but this gym has also used underaged cheerleaders to make it to worlds and lied about their ages. Should I tell someone or just let it go and hope they get caught?
Well I know for a fact that this gym does not compete with underage kids. Appropriate birth certificates are presented at Worlds, and are on file all year. So that is riduculous, they do have 4 cross overs on the dance and hh, as do many teams in the country. They have one staying on hh, three on cheer, and three alternates, so before you open your mouth, maybe you should check your sources... and they also know you are a coach at a local gym and USASF has been contacted.... thanks

By the way, the gym owner is a woman not a man. and you have no idea what you are talking about or spreading... this is stupid. The gym owner is a woman, and she knows the rules, trust me, she has taken teams to worlds for five years... she is not new...

I don't know who is telling which version of the truth here, but I do know that presenting a birth certificate doesn't necessarily mean it is legit. I have seen sports teams disqualified for fake birth certificates,and in one instance the coach didn't know it was a fake. A parent had done it on their own, so it does happen.

I don't know who is telling which version of the truth here, but I do know that presenting a birth certificate doesn't necessarily mean it is legit. I have seen sports teams disqualified for fake birth certificates,and in one instance the coach didn't know it was a fake. A parent had done it on their own, so it does happen.
Well you can know that the gym being questioned, has been to worlds for five years, making finals, and they are not new at this. The owner is all over the age grids, and is not cheating. The coach brooks44 that posted this, is a college student, that coaches at a local gym, that does not go to worlds, I feel bad for people that are jealous...

After talking with the coach all the information I have recieved was tainted a little bit. My sincere apology to the program and I wish you the best of lck at worlds. However I would request no rude comments because it was an honest mistake.

After talking with the coach all the information I have recieved was tainted a little bit. My sincere apology to the program and I wish you the best of lck at worlds. However I would request no rude comments because it was an honest mistake.
Then maybe you shouldn't have said anything at all... It is not your job to post anything. You KNEW nothing, and to say it on media like this is rude. You are lying to everyone one here. This was out of hate....

Then maybe you shouldn't have said anything at all... It is not your job to post anything. You KNEW nothing, and to say it on media like this is rude. You are lying to everyone one here. This was out of hate....

uhm.. obviously there's drama here... but i don't know either of your or what gym y'all are talking about. so i wouldn't call her rude or a liar. she had a concern and asked for advice. your gym name was never mentioned, nor anything hateful. let it go.

i dont understand what your so upset about? no gym name was ever publicly given, or thrown out there. the original poster just posed a question to the board asking what to do in a particular situation. and lets be honest here, if you knew of a gym that was using athletes and cheating, (whether it was intentional or not) are you saying you'd just let a gym cheat?

1 on 1 arguments are best handled with PMs. That way if you don't like what someone is saying, just don't respond.

It also means the rest of us don't have to be part of it...

Cheating gyms and teams is always a concern so asking for advice on how to handle it, especially without including team or gym names seems pretty logical.

Sent from the Fierce Board App that's cooler than ACEDAD's

Back