All-Star Too Many Boys On The Floor

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I'm glad you brought this up. There were a few international teams who did not abide by the 12 boy limit rule. I had to keep recounting and thought maybe International Teams had different rules.

Bangkok was the only team I didn't notice that had more boys. It's probably because I just loved their performance. But now that I know, I do not think they should have won or even made it to day 2. Rules are rules.

I'm glad you brought this up. There were a few international teams who did not abide by the 12 boy limit rule. I had to keep recounting and thought maybe International Teams had different rules.

Bangkok was the only team I didn't notice that had more boys. It's probably because I just loved their performance. But now that I know, I do not think they should have won or even made it to day 2. Rules are rules.

When did you lose the 78 from your name?!

When did you lose the 78 from your name?!

She's friends with an admin who can make things happen.

I have to say I am actually quite pleased to hear people's reactions. Why? It sounds like we all WANT the rules to be enforced more than a team we love just winning. I hate it for Bangkok that they didn't know the 12 boy rule... But I want them to win legit. To me they now have an asterisk.

Not sure what you mean by investigation. Just go watch the video and count boys. It wasn't just Bangkok... ps. It was every international team. They all brought their ICU team.

Just to point out, not EVERY international team! I paused my video and counted both the UK teams' boys (AV Raptors, Unity Black), and neither had more than 12! So we are nice law abiding citizens thanks! :)

Agree that rules should be kept though, so Bangkok should be penalised. Interesting someone asked if maybe they just got given deductions, I'd be curious to see if that was the case.

Just to point out, not EVERY international team! I paused my video and counted both the UK teams' boys (AV Raptors, Unity Black), and neither had more than 12! So we are nice law abiding citizens thanks! :)

Agree that rules should be kept though, so Bangkok should be penalised. Interesting someone asked if maybe they just got given deductions, I'd be curious to see if that was the case.

If you all JUST had 12 boys then it is proof that international teams DO read the rules packet they sign so it is not impossible for those teams to know what the rules are to compete at Worlds. Would the coach (unless you are the coach) care to comment?

If you all JUST had 12 boys then it is proof that international teams DO read the rules packet they sign so it is not impossible for those teams to know what the rules are to compete at Worlds. Would the coach (unless you are the coach) care to comment?

I am not the coach (nowhere near that much talent I am sad to say)..I know that Raptors coaches are all still in the USA, I'm not sure about Unity but I know at least one of the Unity guys comes on the fierceboards. I am sure when both teams are back they will be happy to help though.

I don't think there would have been a language barrier/misunderstanding with a team from the UK reading the rules, though...:confused:

I don't think there would have been a language barrier/misunderstanding with a team from the UK reading the rules, though...:confused:

I am lost, if you go to another country and break the law because you cannot read the laws does that make you exempt from them? If they did a double back basket would you be ok with it because there is a language barrier about the rules? What about the teams from Finland (who speak english) who used more than 12 boys?

I am lost, if you go to another country and break the law because you cannot read the laws does that make you exempt from them? If they did a double back basket would you be ok with it because there is a language barrier about the rules? What about the teams from Finland (who speak english) who used more than 12 boys?

@EnglishRose referred to the UK's teams having 12 boys only, and you said that proves that Int'l teams DO read the rules. Not disagreeing with you, just saying that there's no language barrier there. Or at least not much of one...

If they did a double back basket would you be ok with it because there is a language barrier about the rules?

Would I be ok with it? No. Could I understand why they did what they did? Yes. Do I think the issue should have been addressed prior to awards? Absolutely.

Would I be ok with it? No. Could I understand why they did what they did? Yes. Do I think the issue should have been addressed prior to awards? Absolutely.

How do you address the issue prior to Worlds? all the teams with illegal stuff are not addressed prior to Worlds. They find out after they compete it (or sometimes in the warmup room)

The Team from Germany (FTG Bullets) had only 12 boys, too. And there was definitely a "language barrier" as you call it. I'll ask them from where they knew that they were only allowed 12 boys and post the reply here.

And by the way: there are different rules to get a bid. In Germany you could technically get a bid with 23 boys and 1 girl on the floor....

Back