All-Star Too Small A Venue

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Venues like Madison Square Garden, The Prudential Center, Giants Stadium or Yankee Stadium would be better. They are far bigger than the milkhouse and jostens put together. The Greater New York area is the best place to hold a world event.

My guess would be expenses would be HUGE to stay in New York, transport around New York, run a 4 day event in MSG, etc.
Maybe a first step would be a big compilation of what spectators and athletes alike feel the event needs, needed to be improved on, etc. that way when/if USASF looks into solving the issue, they know what to look for. I know if I were in the position that people at USASF are, that's what I'd want. Compare the priorities and needs of the USASF and whatever venue to host the event with the needs and concerns of parents, athletes, etc. Of course not EVERYTHING would be satisfied, but maybe it's a start? Just an idea.

And I wouldn't need to purchase airfare or hotel!!! Seriously though, the greater NY area is way too expensive when you consider hotel, transport and food.

Disney's pretty expensive too. Besides, if it were held in the Garden, many things can be accessed by the subway or in walking distance. Although I suppose it would depend what it would cost to run the event at MSG.

Disney's pretty expensive too. Besides, if it were held in the Garden, many things can be accessed by the subway or in walking distance.

But with the crowded subway system and just walking down the streets, throwing 10 000 more people in the mix who are in a rush isn't exactly a great thing.

Disney's pretty expensive too. Besides, if it were held in the Garden, many things can be accessed by the subway or in walking distance.

Disney is expensive...but the Garden? That's crazy talk right there lol. The cost to rent that out for a weekend (assuming the Rangers or Knicks aren't in the playoffs) would be so astronomical, I can't even imagine.

MetLife Stadium, Yankee Stadium and CitiField are out, cause no one will want to compete outside in NJ/NY in April (and again, I can't imagine the cost)

The Prudential Center runs into the same issues as MSG, plus Newark isn't fun...it's just scary.

But with the crowded subway system and just walking down the streets, throwing 10 000 more people in the mix who are in a rush isn't exactly a great thing.

NYC can gather, move 1 Million people, clean up tons of confetti after a canyon of heroes parade between the morning and by late afternoon, everyone has cleared out and the tons of confetti is off the street. 10,000 would be a drop in the bucket for NYC.

NYC can gather, move 1 Million people, clean up tons of confetti after a canyon of heroes parade between the morning and by late afternoon, everyone has cleared out and the tons of confetti is off the street. 10,000 would be a drop in the bucket for NYC.

Yeah but those are events that generally take place in the public that they're able to do that for. This is an event that is, in the city's eyes, central to the inside of one building. At least that's the way I'd look at it.

Yeah but those are events that generally take place in the public that they're able to do that for. This is an event that is, in the city's eyes, central to the inside of one building. At least that's the way I'd look at it.

I would think the city would coordinate with event producers, the manpower needed from city services for things to go smoothly around the city for the event. The problem might be whether it's cost prohibitive.

Brookdale?. Maybe

Haha...and people think Disney is overcrowded.

I wonder though, on the whole NY Metro area thing....what about IZOD center? No professional sports teams to worry about. Easy access to airports, rail and hotels.

Only issue (and after the past few debacles at worlds maybe not a bad issue) is lack of places for mingling...

Haha...and people think Disney is overcrowded.

I wonder though, on the whole NY Metro area thing....what about IZOD center? No professional sports teams to worry about. Easy access to airports, rail and hotels.

Only issue (and after the past few debacles at worlds maybe not a bad issue) is lack of places for mingling...

They could do it at the Izod. Parking wouldn't be a problem and as you said, access to rails airports and hotels is not a problem. There isn't much at the Meadowlands complex itself but it is definitely a much better option than WWOS as far as crowd control at the venue itself.

Disney is obviously a great place to be but I don't quite get why they use WWOS for this event. It makes no sense. This was the first time I went to worlds and the impression I got is they just can't handle this event. It would be a nice event for a local or a smaller nationals but not a major.

And I wouldn't need to purchase airfare or hotel!!! Seriously though, the greater NY area is way too expensive when you consider hotel, transport and food.
I was wondering about this. I travel to the NY area on business and hotels are very high-priced relative to other areas of the country. Even with our significant corporate discount we pay over $225/night for an medium quality hotel. Does that pricing model apply to the entire metro area?

Back