All-Star Too Small A Venue

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I was wondering about this. I travel to the NY area on business and hotels are very high-priced relative to other areas of the country. Even with our significant corporate discount we pay over $225/night for an medium quality hotel. Does that pricing model apply to the entire metro area?

Inside the city, I'm going to say yes. Outside the city, I would think significantly less. Plus NJ has a lower sales tax, so there's that ;)

Inside the city, I'm going to say yes. Outside the city, I would think significantly less. Plus NJ has a lower sales tax, so there's that ;)
We stay on the Jersey side of the Hudson, for the most part, in Jersey City. I love the ease of the public transit system there.

I seem to recall that the Meadowlands area was priced similar to Chicago and other large cities, and I used to love the (true) factory outlet shopping there. That would be a bonus if it still exists. :) And you can get low-priced flights into Newark or NYC at almost any time.

Downside for the NYC area would be the distance for the Cali people. That is one nasty-long flight. Also, the weather. My vote would be for Vegas or Dallas metro.

We stay on the Jersey side of the Hudson, for the most part, in Jersey City. I love the ease of the public transit system there.

I seem to recall that the Meadowlands area was priced similar to Chicago and other large cities, and I used to love the (true) factory outlet shopping there. That would be a bonus if it still exists. :) And you can get low-priced flights into Newark or NYC at almost any time.

Downside for the NYC area would be the distance for the Cali people. That is one nasty-long flight. Also, the weather. My vote would be for Vegas or Dallas metro.

Next time you are in Jersey, let me know! I love shopping

Letting loose thousands of cheerleaders in NYC seems like a bad idea to me.
Brings a whole new dimension to those folks who think its perfectly acceptable for their daughter to walk around town (outisde the competition venue) in their sports bra and spankies.

If we go to jersey can Buddy Velastro (aka cake boss) make a big ole cake for worlds?! Not that any of the cheerleaders would probably eat it...saves more for ME!

Brings a whole new dimension to those folks who think its perfectly acceptable for their daughter to walk around town (outisde the competition venue) in their sports bra and spankies.

Bet no one would think anything of it. I mean, we've got the naked cowboy

Travelling from Ca to Fla is not much shorter than NJ/NY and the cheer season is in winter so most cheer competitions are held in most places when the weather is cold. Being worlds is at the end of April, wearther in the NY Metro area not a factor and is mild this time of year.

Being a 6th year spectator (7th year at worlds total) I just wanted to add my thoughts. Unfortunately I do not have any suggestions at this time but I do think a few things are not being looked at deeply enough.

1 - After standing outside the milkhouse from 7:15 am until they let us in, we got seats facing the main doors. Security closed those doors before Large Senior even began. Approximately 8:50am people in our section were talking about the security standing in front of the doors detouring people - at this time I do not think they were actually keeping people out, I just think this was the beginning of the mess that was Worlds Day 3.
2 - I think no matter how the performance order & arenas go, there will always be certain divisions that will draw large crowds. (cheer drama? what is cheer drama?) Large Senior & Small Senior of course, this year was a big year for Large Coed with each of the "front runners" winning a major competiton during the season, and the Medium Coed division being a mix of some of the best Limited & Semi-Limited teams from the past few years. I honestly believe that no matter how the milkhouse performance order is set up, these divisions will consistantly fill it to capacity - it does every year. While all the divisions are equally important (please don't misinterpret this to being one is more important than the other), we all know the drama that goes on during the season and we want to see the final outcome of these drama-filled divisions- parents, participants (finalists and non-finalists), spectators, coaches, choreographers, etc.

Again, I wish I had a solution but at this time I have nothing.

If we go to jersey can Buddy Velastro (aka cake boss) make a big ole cake for worlds?! Not that any of the cheerleaders would probably eat it...saves more for ME!

I'd eat it, I had two Krispy Kremes when I arrived in Orlando and my stunt partners were giving me soooo much crap. Haha.

Travelling from Ca to Fla is not much shorter than NJ/NY and the cheer season is in winter so most cheer competitions are held in most places when the weather is cold. Being worlds is at the end of April, wearther in the NY Metro area not a factor and is mild this time of year.

Mild is relative. I'm in Boston, so not too far from NY, and it was in the 40s today.

Mild is relative. I'm in Boston, so not too far from NY, and it was in the 40s today.

Yea. You get some cold weather up there. It was about 75 here in NJ today. Even though Boston not far from NYC, once you get into Connecticut, that's about where the weather seems to change for the colder temps.

I was in NYC for the Worlds weekend (glued to the cheer world in my phone) & I think it reached low 60's once & low 40's at night. Of course later this week it's suppose to be in the 70's there, so you never know. On the bright side we might not have to worry about spankie/sports bra wearing girls invading NYC. :rolleyes:

What about past olympic venues? What became of those facilities and olympic villages? Anyone know??

The thing about those venues is that there's multiples of them. The different sports are all held in different arenas and stadiums. We'd run into the problem people seem to have of dividing teams into Jostens/Milkhouse/etc. Winter Olympic hosts are out because they utilize outdoor mountain space, mostly, and the only two cities in the US that have hosted the summer Olympics are LA and ATL. I don't think LA is really ideal for a competition like this, and ATL could be considered but there are a lot of variables to be figured out for that of course.

Back