All-Star Too Small A Venue

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I get that it would be cheaper for YOU to go to Florida than California. My point was that it would be cheaper for athletes from Australia/Asia to go to Los Angeles/Las Vegas than it would to Florida. Also, I am guessing that there are many more international flights that land in Los Angeles than in Orlando.

I understand your point but I am debating that it is not distance that defines price, it is popularity for the resorts and the package deals associated. As there are so many flights & hotels in FL compared to any other resorts in the USA it would still be cheaper for someone from Australia to fly to FL due to good package deals for competitive prices..It would cost me about $700 MORE to fly to NC than it would to fly to CA despite NC being 5 hours closer to me as NC isn't as touristy. Please don't forget I am talking about package deals and not the price of individual flights or hotels. My parents just spent the same price flying to egypt as I did orlando as Egypt despite Egypt being half the distance. We can agree to disagree but from personal experience of travelling around the world it is not the distance but how popular a resort is.

Does Disneyland have bigger venues on property than DisneyWorld? I don't believe so, but I'm not sure.

Not on the actual property, it's set up diff than Disney World, but across the street from Disneyland is the Anaheim Conv Center with includes an arena, the two are connected by a corridor. You could walk from Disneyland or Downtown Disney to the Conv Center/Arena

Do you realize those parents were probably getting their child/ren ready so YOU could watch them perform? Maybe they did plan, but if their child doesnt have to be there until noon, getting them up at three in the morning so that the parent could be there by six to get a good isnt a good idea. I dont think the coaches would be very happy with that.
There's no need to capitalize YOU and be rude. I paid my money just like the parents did so yeah I get to see their kids perform. Most teams stayed in Disney hotels, and alot of them stayed together so there would have been transportation for the kids to get to their teams and then to the venue. Everyone competing was in the senior division - I'm pretty sure they don't need their parents help to get ready. There was no team that would have needed to report at noon that competed in before the giant break when the international teams competed that everyone left the milkhouse during, leaving plenty of open seats. If you had to be there at noon, you would have competed well after that break. But the parents of children who competed in small senior could have left their child with their teammates and coaches and come to the WWOS to get a good seat about 4 hours before their child's division started, I don't think thats a ridiculous thing to assume would be possible. However none of this should be an issue and if they would just move the venue it would not be.

First of all, you were rude first by saying those parents should know better. Second of all Im sure the team didnt want to meet at six in the morning. And you can be 12 and on a senior team. What 12 year old can get ready by themselves?
How is that rude? If they've been in this sport for a while they would know there will be a ton of people there to see large senior. Therefore they should know better than to expect a seat right after that. Who said anything about a team meeting at six in the morning? Maybe the team that went on first had to... Any other kids could have met later and navigated a hotel just fine without mommy. I seriously doubt a 12 year old can't get themselves ready... Since my 9 year old sister can get herself competition ready that's a little sad, especially when they would have their team and coaches to help them dress themselves + hair and makeup. But again, this whole hypothetical situation would be avoided if they would just have it at a venue that can house the crowds.

I posted this on the petition thread, but im going to repeat it here with more detail.

What if not only did we petition the USASF, but also Disney World? I mean, they do care about customer service for the most part and don't like to tell their customers no. Instead of insisting the venue be moved, petition Disney to come up with more better seating. Any time I've ever complined to Disney, they've gone above and beyond to make it right eventually.

If the venue is never gonna move and the USASF just let's it keep happening, then go to Disney. If they get 100s or 1000s of emails complaining, they will not ignore it. I think especially if we bring up the safety issue and what a liability it would be if someone got trampled...lol..

First of all, you were rude first by saying those parents should know better. Second of all Im sure the team didnt want to meet at six in the morning. And you can be 12 and on a senior team. What 12 year old can get ready by themselves?
Oh, the day my 12 year old can get herself ready!!!! I graduated her to doing her own makeup this past year (all but the liquid eyeliner) and although she's slooooooooow as can be, that's progress. But, the hair....no. Been doing that for 6 years now and don't see her getting adept enough at competition ready hair anytime in the near future. Le sigh.

How is that rude? If they've been in this sport for a while they would know there will be a ton of people there to see large senior. Therefore they should know better than to expect a seat right after that. Who said anything about a team meeting at six in the morning? Maybe the team that went on first had to... Any other kids could have met later and navigated a hotel just fine without mommy. I seriously doubt a 12 year old can't get themselves ready... Since my 9 year old sister can get herself competition ready that's a little sad, especially when they would have their team and coaches to help them dress themselves + hair and makeup. But again, this whole hypothetical situation would be avoided if they would just have it at a venue that can house the crowds.
Our coaches expect our athletes competition ready when they meet. With 10 teams, probably moving to 12 or 13 this year, the last thing they have time to do is to be the hair and makeup consultant. I'm her mother. That's my responsibility. She's 12 and cannot do her hair to competition standards that I and her coaches expect. She may be academically gifted, but hair is not her forte. I'm not sure how I feel about her being called "sad" for that, but I guess everyone's entitled to their own opinion even if it's derogatory to (probably) more kids than just mine. I've been known to help get others ready too when emergencies arise, but I ensure my kid is ready, it's not my job to get everyone else ready as standard practice.

There's no need to capitalize YOU and be rude. I paid my money just like the parents did so yeah I get to see their kids perform. Most teams stayed in Disney hotels, and alot of them stayed together so there would have been transportation for the kids to get to their teams and then to the venue. Everyone competing was in the senior division - I'm pretty sure they don't need their parents help to get ready. There was no team that would have needed to report at noon that competed in before the giant break when the international teams competed that everyone left the milkhouse during, leaving plenty of open seats. If you had to be there at noon, you would have competed well after that break. But the parents of children who competed in small senior could have left their child with their teammates and coaches and come to the WWOS to get a good seat about 4 hours before their child's division started, I don't think thats a ridiculous thing to assume would be possible. However none of this should be an issue and if they would just move the venue it would not be.

I consider myself to be pretty involved and I know how lots of teams from many different gyms operate. I don't know of any teams that are on their own to get themselves ready. Many teams don't see their coaches until the meet time before warm-ups.

As the team dad I help coordinate all the parents and any chapreones to accomplish a lot of stuff for the kids so they can focus on the competition.

Like many assumptions in this thread, many statements are based on individual experience and therefore shortsighted. The one rule everyone should realize about cheerleading is that there is no rule for how a gym, team, or kids should be in this sport.

It comes back to one simple premise - this competition has outgrown the venues at WWOS, and for the advancement of the sport an alternative venue (or venues) need to be considered.

Our coaches expect our athletes competition ready when they meet. With 10 teams, probably moving to 12 or 13 this year, the last thing they have time to do is to be the hair and makeup consultant. I'm her mother. That's my responsibility. She's 12 and cannot do her hair to competition standards that I and her coaches expect. She may be academically gifted, but hair is not her forte. I'm not sure how I feel about her being called "sad" for that, but I guess everyone's entitled to their own opinion even if it's derogatory to (probably) more kids than just mine. I've been known to help get others ready too when emergencies arise, but I ensure my kid is ready, it's not my job to get everyone else ready as standard practice.
I got a chuckle out of those comments, too. I think most of them come from kids or young adults who don't have children of their own. I can't even begin to imagine what my soon-to-be 12-year-old would look like if she had to do her own hair and make-up for a competition. They would probably kick us out of the venue, slap a red nose on her, and send us to Barnum & Bailey.

And even funnier- the thought of me telling our coach, "Make sure you have her hair and make-up done before she leaves the room." I'm sure that would go over well. :)

Back