All-Star #topoftheworlds - Usasf Has Big News On Monday??

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

maybe they're going to tell us that the winners just get to be princess/prince for a day and ride in the disney parade? :p

(i actually like where this discussion is going, but really... all they said is we're making an announcement monday and there are 7 pages about D1/D2. it's certainly a possibility but i don't want everyone to get their hopes up :D)

maybe they're going to tell us that the winners just get to be princess/prince for a day and ride in the disney parade? :p

(i actually like where this discussion is going, but really... all they said is we're making an announcement monday and there are 7 pages about D1/D2. it's certainly a possibility but i don't want everyone to get their hopes up :D)
That's probably more likely, but it's fun to dream.

Maybe they will have a season with no rules. Haha just kidding.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Instead, we''ll have even more deductions, that way we can all get fired up!

But seriously, as for the announcement, I did originally think that maybe J5 and R5 would be eligible for worlds (again), but then I read many of your comments about the small/large gym division split and I think it could be the thing (though I hope not.... For all the reasons already stated).

So I'll silently sit here and wait it out. :)

ETA: Or maybe it could be something related To international teams..... Oh well....

To some extent there wouldn't be anything too wrong w/ this - provided that all the gyms were a certain distance away from each other and there was no crossover of athletes between them. Like a gym w/ a location in San Franciso and another in San Diego, I think for all intents and purposes those really are two seperate gyms as they are both dealing w/ completely different talent pools of kids. I'd say more than ~3 hours driving distance apart, you can call yourself two seperate gyms. And def no crossover of kids between the two - that would be prohibited big time. Haha - this is just me thinking out loud ;).
I agree with you, if they have real distance between the locations that would make sense. The one I am thinking of has 3 locations and they are close to each other.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

I think a gym should be able to self-declare as a DI gym--regardless of the size of the gym.
"cheer whatever all stars" with 70 people and three teams wants to try to hang with the big dogs? Go for it.
"elite cheer omgz all stars" with 300 people wants to stay in DII? That should be allowed too.

As a way to keep this rule self-policing, I would stipulate that gyms competing in DII at Worlds are only allowed to enter one division. Multiple teams per gym are reserved for DI gyms.

Oh no, we're on the same page here.

I'm asking WHY is it such a disheveled mess to begin with? It's supposed to be a youth activity... why does it have to be such a chaotic experience? Why does everything have to be split into small gym and large gym? Small gyms can win too if they have the routine to do so. It's not impossible.

I see, sorry for misinterpreting your post!

I think worlds and summit just need to combine..
NO. NO. NO. I cannot stress this enough that they should definitely be a seperate competition. There are way too many athletes at both competitions. All hotels in the Orlando area were booked by April for Summit, and i'm sure Worlds weekend hotels are already booked by February. Unless you REALLY limit the bids (only 10 per division), it would maybe be a good idea, but until then, im happy its two separate competitions.

Im going with the small/large gym thing. In the video I didn't see any 'big name gyms' (like stingrays, cheer athletics, california allstars, etc.) So maybe it'll have something to do with that..
I really hope they don't do that split though. :mad:

I really hope that USASF will one day go out on a limb and come up with something incredibly creative or useful. Examples:

1. dramatically improved coaching education and resources (training videos, etc)
2. free/reduced video analysis software for gyms
3. online (well-done) videos explaining benefits of all star to attract new customers
4. free templates for release forms, all star handbooks, business plans, employee handbooks, etc.
5. public google map with every gym address. (gyms may opt out if they choose.)
6. negotiate lower insurance rates, lower ASCAP/BMI fees for member gyms
7. separate Dance and Cheer Worlds so athletes may do both.
8. I'm sure there are even better ideas . . .

Adding divisions to a competition, changing tumbling skills you are allowed to do, or moving finals for Worlds a couple hundred feet aren't the right track, IMO.

I'm sorry this might be redundant but why are a lot of people against splitting it to D1 and D2 or something like that? I don't have a lot of experience actually being at competitions so I don't know much about that.....maybe I need to read the earlier comments more closely (I was skimming to get a general feel) and if this question was already answered I apologize :)

Back