High School Transitioning From Gymnastics To Cheerleading

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Unlike female cheerleaders, most male cheerleaders didn't start out as gymnasts simply because boys aren't interested in gymnastics like their female counterparts. Instead, the majority of male cheerleaders started out as football players, baseball players, or wrestlers before making the transition to cheer.
Most yes, but i was one of the few! i was on my high school gymnastics varsity team all 4 years. But by my junior year i had a cheerleader in my spanish class that was arguing with me that cheer was harder than gymnastics, so i came to practice to prover her wrong turns out i was wrong and stuck with the sport ever since! :)

I did gymnastics for 9 years from 3-12 but eventually stopped do to the excessive amount of pain I felt because my body has like legit 3 growth spurts and I grew sooo quickly that my joints and muscles couldnt keep up with the rest of me...then when I was 17 I started high school comp cheer...I had a full because I coached gymnastics for a few years...(no matter what you do you cant leave a sport you love) and then I moved on to allstar from there : )

I started out doing solely gymnastics and tumbling for 12 years before I even became interested in cheerleading. Eventually gymnastics was taking up WAY too much time that I was falling behind on school. My freshman year of high school, my friend told me to try out for the school squad and I made varsity and competition as a tumbler. Over the summer, I learned all the motions, jumps, and stunts and I picked it all up pretty quickly. I loved the competition aspect so I decided to go with my friends to their all star gym one night and I was hooked. The rest is history. :)

Back