All-Star "traveling" Jump Sections

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Nov 13, 2011
[My apologies if there is already a thread on this. I did a search but found nothing]

After watching several of the new routines, I have noticed that many of the bigger gyms are having jumps sections in which the cheerleaders move/travel in between jumps. Is this being rewarded on the score sheet in some way?

If so, how do ya'll feel about that? I'm not a huge fan and think that this makes the jump section look like a mess. Give me a good ol' Spirit of Texas triple toe back any day!

I have noticed it too. I like it when everyone hits in SYNC. If its off, then it looks a HAM!.

I believe that adding the "traveling" (See Above) or "rotating" (Think Cali Lady Bullets 2013 Worlds) jump sequences can help increase difficulty score as long as variety of jumps are shown.

We had jump sequences that turned a couple of years ago.

Mainly though, I try to teach kids to NOT jump around during their sequence :p

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

Some people are interpreting that jump language to mean if you're not rotating in your jumps you cannot max out the score.

I don't have enough knowledge to agree/disagree, but I've heard that directly from a coach at another gym this season.

I thought about including a traveling jump section into our routine.
An then I remembered that we would probably kill ourselves trying this. xD

I like to watch it, though.

Some people are interpreting that jump language to mean if you're not rotating in your jumps you cannot max out the score.

I don't have enough knowledge to agree/disagree, but I've heard that directly from a coach at another gym this season.

On a scoresheet my team got last year I think two judges both commented that having a variety of combo/rotating/traveling jumps would give us a higher score.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

it will increase your difficulty
Depends on the score sheet. And rotating doesn't need to be full circle. Going back and forth from corner to corner would be similar.

At the end of the day, judges don't want to see you face front and do all of your jumps without moving.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Fierce Board mobile app

Back