All-Star "traveling" Jump Sections

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Depends on the score sheet. And rotating doesn't need to be full circle. Going back and forth from corner to corner would be similar.

At the end of the day, judges don't want to see you face front and do all of your jumps without moving.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Fierce Board mobile app
Yup!!

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

Once we had a jump choreo where the front row did a half turn while jumping their toe touch.
It was too busy to really look good, but if a whole team could execute this good, it looks great.
This year we have only a corner - front - corner turn in the jump sequence and i´m sweating to get this synch ;)

I miss old school jump sections. I'd rather them make a comeback.
Traveling jumps look great when they're done perfectly aka twist and shout obsession

Last edited:
I miss old school jump sections. I'd rather them make a comeback.
Traveling jumps look great when they're done perfectly aka twist and shout obsession

Agreed. We will rotate our jumps as usual from corner to corner but I won't be trying to move jumps across the floor unless everyone on the team can execute them flawlessly. And that's enough of a task for an elite level team as it is.

I did have a pretty bad a$$ youth 2 a couple years ago that turned from facing back to facing front during their jumps but looking back now it just made their really phenomenal jumps look average.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

I'll say this... I can count the number of gyms on my two (probably 1) hand that have great jumping technique/ timing in one single facing direction. This does not equal the teams I've seen attempt turning jump sequences. Do you see my issue?

:wham:

I think it's ironic (and hilarious actually) that even with the socially cued "hit hit hit hit [push/pull]", gyms still can't get things like timing down. :confused: People always try so hard to push difficulty when the end TECHNIQUE is actually the most "difficult" piece of the score sheet.

Back