All-Star Trends That Are Already Annoying

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I have a FEW "fetus" flyers and all have fulls/doubles. But regardless, if they are age eligible who cares?

The new age limits for Sr teams helps this greatly. I hate, hate, hate seeing an 8 year old on a senior team. Most of the time they are so physically different that it just looks...well, wrong. Are there exceptions? Sure, but not many that I've seen. 10 is bad enough, but since it's the rule I can't really say anything about it.

I have a FEW "fetus" flyers and all have fulls/doubles. But regardless, if they are age eligible who cares?
Because if there are other girls who can fly but are a little bigger and have all the skills don't make it to make room for the fetuses, it is not fair. My daughter is not fetus and in her prime she was pure muscle but she was one of the larger flyers. Some of the others were all skin and bones.

Because if there are other girls who can fly but are a little bigger and have all the skills don't make it to make room for the fetuses, it is not fair. My daughter is not fetus and in her prime she was pure muscle but she was one of the larger flyers. Some of the others were all skin and bones.
so the "fetus" flyers shouldn't make it so the larger girls will have a chance to fly? Whoever is the best fit for the team should be in it. If I see a tiny fetus with no tumbling or skills what-so-ever make it just so she can have big girls toss her around... then yeah I'll be shaking my head. But if she can out tumble and stunt half the older/bigger girls then I don't understand why she wouldn't be an obvious choice. Smaller girls (in general) are easier to stunt, why make it more difficult than it needs to be just to keep things "fair".

It annoys me when parents and cheerleaders act like it is the end of the world if they/ their CP isn't a flyer. I have been basing my entire life. I have never once complained about it. I'm not going to whine that there are smaller girls on my team who fly instead of me, because it's the way it is. Everyone is equally as important and has a role in the team. Only 1 out of 4 cheerleaders on all girl teams fly, your daughter will survive if she is on the floor. I did.

Maybe its because I've participated in many other sports that the "fetus" flyer stuff annoys the crap out of me. I've never heard a football coach say "I know your a senior but I'm gonna sit the faster, stronger better freshman bc your a nice kid" or a baseball coach not use a freshman pitcher that throws a 90 mph fastball bc his starter the previous year is now a senior. Smaller flyers, for the most part allow for more difficult skills. We have flyers of all sizes so honestly I want what works best but if I'm picking btw the same skill set I'll pick the smaller 100 out of 100 times. I consider that smart coaching bc at the end of the day I'm responsible for a team.

My daughter actually prefers to base but it is tough on her wrists. She is an in between size. Not a small flyer but kind of small to base. She is a Level 4 tumbler but can still be on a youth team. Not many Youth 4's around.

My daughter actually prefers to base but it is tough on her wrists. She is an in between size. Not a small flyer but kind of small to base. She is a Level 4 tumbler but can still be on a youth team. Not many Youth 4's around.
Aren't all youth 4 eligible flyers "fetus" sized?

Back