All-Star Trinity And Cheerupdates

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I took out this part of your post because first you say you want scholarshiping to stop and then you say that it's ok if there are extenuating circumstances. No offense but you can't have it both ways.

Im not saying that scholarshiping should stop in cheer I'm just using high school football as an example of somewhere where scholarshiping should stop because public schools are unable to recruit kids so it puts private schools already at an advantage. With the recruiting in private schools it turns high school football into a game of money who has the most money in the school can buy the best team. Which isn't that what the NFL is? So high school football shouldn't be like that because its a completely different thing.

And while these athletes at Trinity may have been in need the way the letters were worded the athletes went to Trinity for this promised "fame" and from what information we have heard there was no work exchanged for scholarships so these athletes were getting free rides.

I think what makes this case at Trinity more unethical than other scholarships is that they were simply stating if you had a full you got a free ride which would give everyone an opportunity to work hard at reach this goal, at Trinity certain athletes were given free rides and promised "fame". This "fame" is what is unethical because "fame" shouldn't be what a person's reason or goal in cheer, people should strive to be the best athlete they can be and if they become a so called "cheerlebrity" in the process then good for them.

There is a difference between working for a scholarship and being handed a free ride and "fame"

Just got word this will be Gianni's courtroom attire...

tumblr_lx24blHhDH1r7z84do1_500.jpg

She's so pathetic. Let me tell you something about Cori Davenport. We were best friends on the prep team. I know, right? It's so embarrassing. I don't even... Whatever. So then in eighth grade, I started going to Georgia All Stars with my first boyfriend Jamie Parrish who was totally gorgeous but then he ratted on Trinity to the press, and Cori was like, weirdly jealous of him. Like, if I would blow her off to hang out with Jamie, she'd be like, "Why didn't you join my gym? I offered you an Audi!" And I'd be like, "Why are you so obsessed with me?" So then, for my birthday party, which was an all-cheerlebrities tumbling party, I was like, "Cori, I can't invite you, because I think you're buying athletes." I mean I couldn't have a recruiter at my party. There were gonna be cheerlebrities there in their *cheer uniforms*. I mean, right? She was a RECRUITER. So then her mom called my mom and started yelling at her, it was so retarded. And then she dropped out of school because no one would talk to her, and she came back in the fall for high school, all of her athletes had the same hairdo and she was totally weird, and now I guess she's buying a new gym a week.

She's so pathetic. Let me tell you something about Cori Davenport. We were best friends on the prep team. I know, right? It's so embarrassing. I don't even... Whatever. So then in eighth grade, I started going to Georgia All Stars with my first boyfriend Jamie Parrish who was totally gorgeous but then he ratted on Trinity to the press, and Cori was like, weirdly jealous of him. Like, if I would blow her off to hang out with Jamie, she'd be like, "Why didn't you join my gym? I offered you an Audi!" And I'd be like, "Why are you so obsessed with me?" So then, for my birthday party, which was an all-cheerlebrities tumbling party, I was like, "Cori, I can't invite you, because I think you're buying athletes." I mean I couldn't have a recruiter at my party. There were gonna be cheerlebrities there in their *cheer uniforms*. I mean, right? She was a RECRUITER. So then her mom called my mom and started yelling at her, it was so retarded. And then she dropped out of school because no one would talk to her, and she came back in the fall for high school, all of her athletes had the same hairdo and she was totally weird, and now I guess she's buying a new gym a week.

Do not claim someone is on an illegal substance. -Kingston

I cannot shimmy nor reply. I will have to read this for the 16th time. I don't get it but I think it is funny? What gym was your party at?

Haha i wonder if the owners of trinity have read this thread... if they did i hope they dont "attempt to sue us" lol.. imagine.
I was thinking.. Since a lot of people know what they did i wonder if its going to hurt them at competitions. now they have a bad reputation. i just hope there isnt any "booing" involved when their teams take the mat. Its not the kids fault.

Haha i wonder if the owners of trinity have read this thread... if they did i hope they dont "attempt to sue us" lol.. imagine.
I was thinking.. Since a lot of people know what they did i wonder if its going to hurt them at competitions. now they have a bad reputation. i just hope there isnt any "booing" involved when their teams take the mat. Its not the kids fault.

If they sue you, do you become a cheerlebrity?:D

Who besides us in the "cheer" world even cares or knows about this? no one...they may have seen the recent investigation on the news but it didn't mean anything to them.
I hear what you are saying however I wasnt referring to this incident in isolation i was speaking of negative publicity generally. I view everyone as a potential customer and I have directly experienced a negative news article in a paper about another gym have a temporary positive effect of attracting that gyms students in terms of gaining customers however the overall effect has been negative as it unfortunately left an impression on the general public that Cheerleading is seedy which we are now countering with a lot of positive media and marketing to recover from. Although it may not mean anything right to them right this minute but it might next week when their daughter son neice or nephew say they want to do Cheerleading. Anyway that's just my opinion based on my direct experience, but not every situation works out the same way so I respect your opinion.

Actually, high schools are not allowed to give scholarships based on athletics. If they did, the child wouldn't be eligible for NCAA play/scholarships. They may very well want a kid for whatever sport, and try to give them a scholarship based on need, academics or something else, but they can't do it based on sports.
Notice I said "athletic talent" not sports scholarships ;) It does happen- I was referring to that aspect of private HS scholarships. They can say it's for a number of other reasons, but they're not the real reason

I think specialtpass and cheeeeer93 pretty much sum up my thoughts. Buying a reputation seems pretty worthless to me and also unsustainable. A few athletes do not make a gym or a team for that matter. Counting on a few superstars to draw in more superstars also seems a little short sighted. How many superstars are willing to give up their current lives and up root to a new state even with those enticements being offered. How many parents would allow their child to move to a new state or move their own lives to a new state? (Apparently there a few...LOL but in general not many).

It makes this gym seems rather shallow..."Come to Tr*n*ty, I will make sure it enhances your cheercelebritieness!" "Who knows maybe I can get you some endorsement deals!" "Come and you will be my STAR". What message are you sending to your current elite athletes?

Can I just ask flat out who the heck was backing all those "enticements"? What gym owner has those kind of resources? I can see the free gym fees and uniforms maybe even the free travel but housing and payment? WTH?

It's just plain ugly and nothing that will enhance our sport. Hmm...well maybe we have arrived and we really are a sport? We have our very first "Reggie Bush"...only their is no one to sanction this gym. Bummer...

If you do not recognize this as sarcasm, I can't even...:rolleyes:

Back