All-Star Trinity

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Can someone PLEASE fill me in about Trinity? Apparently Shayla, Angel, and 2 other boys are getting paid or "scholarships" to go there. Is it because of the TV show? And wouldn't let mess up there eligibility for college cheer on the future? I'm sorry I just think this is crazy and I don't want to spread rumors but I want to know the pure facts
What TV show?

1. What is disturbing?
2. What TV show?
3. So are they getting free tuition?
4. What is this twitter drama about college cheer?

Yall can PM me too...
Doesn't seem like anyone knows about the tv show, do you think they could of been the gym that took that lady up on her offer about the show that was being peddled on here a couple of months ago?

If the NCAA becomes involved in cheer and scholarships are through them then being sponsored and receieving money would mean you would not be able to get a scholarship. The athletes that receive special perks such as free items and stuff may run into issues, but thus far the only think that could hurt this from happening would be if you were on a TV show and got paid for it. Of course this is all if the NCAA takes over college cheer and the athlete wants to get a scholarship. If they are just getting to cheer for free then that shouldn't hurt their scholarships chances.

This is why we will be best friends :chestbump:
It gets old seeing "gym with the most college athlete placement", plus who is keeping track of all of this?
Thank you for explaining the college cheer thing!!

It wasn't drama, just Jamie talking about how they have the highest percentage of kids cheering in college. Last I checked there wasn't any body keeping tabs. A lot of backhanded comments about Rays, when they asked about the stats. Just silly.
Oh there has been PLENTY of Twitter drama this week over athletes from GA leaving to cheer at Trinity. It has been getting NASTY!

No one kill me for saying it, but its JUST CHEERLEADING. I know, weird right? Is it really worth throwing away friendships, close relationships, losing dignity, and creating a bad reputation for yourself and gym? And if you are a coach or owner... SHAME ON YOU. If you are going to trash a kid for leaving your program you have no business coaching.

No one kill me for saying it, but its JUST CHEERLEADING. I know, weird right? Is it really worth throwing away friendships, close relationships, losing dignity, and creating a bad reputation for yourself and gym? And if you are a coach or owner... SHAME ON YOU. If you are going to trash a kid for leaving your program you have no business coaching.
After reading all the tweets, if I were a parent who lived in Georgia I would NEVER put my child in Georgia Allstars.

Sorry I thought there was a rule that if you were paid to cheer, not cheer free but paid to cheer, than you couldn't receive a college cheer scholarship. I'm wrong I think so ignore that sorry y'all!!!
Tis is probably the only thing "good" about cheer not being a recognized sport by the NCAA. You're talking about NCAA clearinghouse rules. Our gym dealt with this when we started the parent organization to fundraise. We modeled it after the gymnastics parent organization. But they can't use any fundraiser dollars for tuition or it violates NCAA rules and they wouldn't be able to get a scholarship. Cheer on the other hand, can use it for whatever we want because cheer....to the NCAA ... Is not a sport. It's a spirit squad so the rules don't apply for scholarships, recruiting etc.

Clearly I do not follow all the right folks to watch the twitter drama! I must step up my game.

Thank you!! and I agree with Emily Jane my kids will never cheer at georgia after what I have seen on twitter. A child should be where they feel the most comfortable and whats best for them and their family. No coach should EVER EVER call out a child or trash them on a social media network for switching gyms. I am disgusted right now.

I thought this was a post about Trinity??? How did this turn into a bashing GA Allstars post???? Seriously .... you all and "I would NEVER let my kid cheer at Ga Allstars" How about getting your facts straight before you start bashing a gym. It's called marketing people. And you have no idea about these kids that went to Trinity. There were 4, and they went for the money because it could help them with college expenses, and 2 are coming back to GA now. Geezzz!

I thought this was a post about Trinity??? How did this turn into a bashing GA Allstars post???? Seriously .... you all and "I would NEVER let my kid cheer at Ga Allstars" How about getting your facts straight before you start bashing a gym. It's called marketing people. And you have no idea about these kids that went to Trinity. There were 4, and they went for the money because it could help them with college expenses, and 2 are coming back to GA now. Geezzz!

Alot of facts have been made public because of twitter and NOBODY but those directly involved know for sure the details and that's including you with the whole 2 are coming back. It is what it is and I don't care where any one cheers as long as they are happy. You can't get mad that people are unhappy with the behavior of people in role model positions behaving badly. :)

Back