Trying To Make Cheerleading A Sport? I Thought It Already Was!! Lol

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

It all boils down to definition. Hands down cheerleading is an amazing athletic activity that takes strength, endurance, grace and guts! Way more of those qualities than many "sports"! I think the argument comes in because of the "rules" and "scoring" of cheer. Until all within the industry can work together and unify under one set of rules/scores...they won't call cheer a real "sport".

Hey my CP can out arm wrestle and has more abs than many of the football players! They know she is an Athlete! Now everyone in the industry needs to work together to get cheer recognized as a sport!

It will never be recognised as a "sport" (by the technical definition) as there is not one governing body.

All the companies that run events wouldn't ever, in my opinion, combine as it would probably mean losing out on money for them. You just have to ignore the ignorant people who know nothing about what we do and keep cheering! :)

I'd much rather spend time developing the sport than fighting to have it recognised.

Back