All-Star Tryout Injuries

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jul 26, 2012
How would you approach placing kids on a team that are injured, but want to cheer that season? Or if the child get injured right after tryouts and they are now scared to throw that skill?

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

I just had knee surgery and I am getting my second knee surgery in a few weeks. my high school coach is allowing me to be on the team because she knows my ability, but she says if I can get tumbling back before choreography in August she has the right to take me off. not sure how my all star Is gonna work

I toasted my calf muscle doing the first RO of the day in warmup. Landed the rebound and it went "pop". I couldn't walk proper for a month. Thankfully it was for Spring training, but my tumbling still wasn't up to its usual level by Aug tryouts because I wasn't able to even tumble until 2 weeks before. My coach knows my abilities and that helped put me on the team. It would for sure be harder with a kid you don't know as well.

Honestly, with a large group of kids at tryouts, if I didn't know that kid well, I'd probably place them on a lower team with the option of crossing over to a higher one if they could. If I knew the kids well, and knew what they were capable of, then they might still make the team depending on their injury.

To quote John Lennon, "Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans". Injuries too.

Last year I was out with a back injury from April to August and missed tryouts. Since I was already a cheerleader at the gym they knew my abilities and placed me on two teams. It would be different I guess if you weren't a member of the gym the previous year

Back