Tryouts

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jun 23, 2012
Hey guys,
I have tryouts on Monday but the thing is that i don't know what i have to
pack in my training bag, or what to wear, it's my first year as a Allstar as i am 14 i will be on
Junior 3, i need help, Thanks:p

wear clothes in the gyms color with a coordinating bow. my cp always wears a sports bra and spanx but i always make her bring a t-shirt as well. the t-shirt might be a good idea also if the gym you are going to doesn't wear sports bras freely, but if they do you can just take your shirt off.

other than that, bring water & pack a snack. and don't forget your shoes. ;)

good luck!

pack your cheer shoes(duh) and plenty of water!
make sure you wear a sports bra/spanx, since its tryouts i suggest wearing a tshirt/shorts over your sports bra/spanx depending on your gym. also wear a bow! get to tryouts early so you can stretch! GOOD LUCK :D

Tryout Attire Checklist:
-Cheer Shoes
-No show or low ankle socks (no knee socks or anything too distracting)
-Spanks (especially if you are not wearing those Nike shorts with the built in briefs!)
-Non distracting shorts (Soffee shorts or the Nike shorts that are quite popular currently are good choices)
-Sports Bra that matches your shirt
-Gym colored T-shirt
-Matching hair bow or ribbon if you have one
-No crazy looking makeup (if anything, it should look clean and natural should you choose to wear some.....you will be working out though so things like foundation may melt off. Be forewarned!)
Example of how the outfit should look:Cheer practice first week 124 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Tryout Bag Checklist:
-Water bottle filled with cold water
-A quick snack such as a granola bar for after practice
-An emergency pack to keep in your cheer bag always just in case (whether it be practice or competition). For example, some things that are always great to have in a crisis: deodorant, a mini hair brush, extra hair ties/clips, band aids,a mini tissue pack.....you never know when your hair tie will break in practice or you'll get a scratch, etc.

No jewelry of any kind. No nail polish and clip your nails. This is just standard for practices and competitions but easy to forget.

Back