Tumbling Ahhh!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

May 26, 2015
I have been working on my backhand-spring for like a year now and I still haven't gotten it! But my coach says next try-outs tumbling will be a requirement. I am getting really worried.....any help?

Did she say you have to have a backhandspring? Tumbling doesn't always mean backhandspring. Also, are you practicing by yourself or are you taking classes?

Did she say you have to have a back handspring? Tumbling doesn't always mean back handspring. Also, are you practicing by yourself or are you taking classes?
I am taking classes and I think we are about to do another class so I will be going to two classes. I can do a front walkover and other basic things I am not sure if she means specifically back handsprings or not, not all he girls but less than half have theirs.

I am taking classes and I think we are about to do another class so I will be going to two classes. I can do a front walkover and other basic things I am not sure if she means specifically back handsprings or not, not all he girls but less than half have theirs.
I would definitely ask her if you have to do it. I think it helps if you have a back walkover but I'm not sure, my coach says we have to master back walkovers before backhandsprings. I hope you get your BHS!

I would definitely ask her if you have to do it. I think it helps if you have a back walkover but I'm not sure, my coach says we have to master back walkovers before backhandsprings. I hope you get your BHS!
Thanks so much!

Keep working on it! A lot of my cheerleaders don't have back walkovers but can back handsprinh, you just can't have a fear of going backwards!
How close are you?

Keep working on it! A lot of my cheerleaders don't have back walkovers but can back handsprinh, you just can't have a fear of going backwards!
How close are you?
My only problem is not being able to get my feet over fast other than that my instructor says i'd have it

Last edited:
My only problem is not being able to get my feet over fast other than that my instructor says i'd have it
You are probably jumping to high that your power is going up not along, try going long and low. Also try to think about snapping out of the handstand at the end to power into a rebound.

Back