All-Star Tumbling In The Stunt Section Of A Routine

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jun 12, 2010
Does it do anything for you scoring wise? I never liked watching people tumble during a stunt because I feel like it takes away or distracts me from the stunt. I like it when it is incorporated with double downs, so the tumbler and stunts double at the same time. That I can see work, but I could never understand why there is tumbling during a stunting section whether it does in fact score well or the coach just put it in because they feel like looks nice.

disclaimer: searched in the search bar and didn't find anything, don't yell at me

There obviously isn't a spot on the scoresheet for this so they would be scored separately. The conversation about the possible distraction was had during the rules vote about whether or not large should be brought down to 30 or not.

In Cheersport, they count the number of at-level skills you throw for each section. If you have one person leftover on a level 5 team during your stunt sequence and they have an arabian through to double, that's 2 extra skills that can be counted on the running tumbling section of your scoresheet. So why not use them?

It really does distract you from the stunts. In Indy there was this amazing guy tumbler that just kept going and going....everyone was watching him while the whole pyramid wasn't even going up in the back.
eek.png

In Cheersport, they count the number of at-level skills you throw for each section. If you have one person leftover on a level 5 team during your stunt sequence and they have an arabian through to double, that's 2 extra skills that can be counted on the running tumbling section of your scoresheet. So why not use them?

Jamfest also has a quantity score.

So yes, it would help you. I wouldnt necessarily say you should tumble in the middle of stunts. But maybe while people are transitioning to are from the stunts, they should tumble.

my coach has people tumble during stunts if there are people left over, like there is only only girl left during our 2 stunt sequence so she tumbles across the matt, and it looks good.

I always saw tumbling during a stunt section as an intended distraction. I see a lot of teams use tumbling for dead time during the stunt.

Back